Does the grass grow back after terrain editing?

Old-an-Slow

Re: Does the grass grow back after terrain editing?

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I missed this thread until now. Good to know there's a work around even if it's convoluted.

Having to go through these hoops to get the map to look correct after player made changes, feels like the game is not operating as intended. If it is intended then I disagree with the choice.
Farming on PS5
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah the Terraforming tool is a nice addition but the Painting/Decorating aspect of it could definitely use some work and some additions. Not being able to decorating the map with Foliage/Bushes/Trees means after a fair bit of use of the tool in its present state the map starts looking a bit baren and sparse. Also as we have found to get actual grass to grow on areas we paint with grass textures you have to faff about with ploughing, seeder and rolling and even then the results are pretty mixed.

Also as someone who plays pretty much only on the Estancia Map at the present time it's also a little bit irritating that most of the paint textures don't actually match the textures used on that map, which means when you start using it you end up with a patchwork quilt look to the land when you zoom out a bit.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ololo

Post by Ololo »

1. Terraform
2. Plow (allow create)
3. Seed grass
4. Roller (if wanting AI field boundary active)

Grass will grow back through the rolled area in #4
-After rolling, the ground will remain flat with no grass UNTIL IT GROWS. The grass will take a little while to start, but it will grow.
-Whatever texture you left under the plowed field will return after you roll it. If you had dirt, it will return to dirt. If you had dense grass green it will return to it.
It works! Thak you! *thumbsup*

cwattyeso, you can try these mods (placeable tree packs):

16 trees placeable by VenTuriO
http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/1 ... v1-0-fs19/
BD Modding Trees pack pleacable V2
http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/t ... v2-0-fs19/
Last edited by Ololo on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Would love to download those two mods however farmsimulator19mods is a no go for me the last couple of days. Got most of my mods from there until now, but in the last couple of days they've changed something and everytime I click a download link on there it's just launching a page where it wants to install some Chrome Browser Add-Ons, which is a definite no go for me. Close the page and try the download link again and the same happens, another window with another please install this add-on. Can't get past those to get to actually download the files, so unless those mods have been mirrored and uploaded on another website that doesn't try to download dodgy software onto your PC I can't download them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
TheDeinonychus

Post by TheDeinonychus »

Doc Savage NDMF wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:37 pm
-The different textures will affect how much and where grass will grow. Both "full green" textures will grow full grass. The 1/2 mud, 1/2 grass texture will grow grass in the green areas. No grass will grow in dirt, mud or stone. You can use this to create spotty grass or grass lines into the stone for some really nice looking hills.
Unfortunately I just tried this, and it didn't work. Had an area of dirt with a splotch of the spotty grass texture in it. Ploughed the area using the 'create fields' function, seeded with grass, then used the roller. The grass did grow, but it grew in one large area, basically everywhere I ploughed, not just where the painted texture had green. So unless you're just looking to fill a field with grass, this method isn't much help if you're trying to do some creative landscaping like patches of grass in a path or such.
TheDeinonychus

Post by TheDeinonychus »

Boots wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 pm Yes leonara@videotron.ca you are right it is a pain but when you do this in GE you have to alter the zip file and save it and this makes it so no one else can play with you in MP and
once you change the map in GE you have to start another savegame for your changes to take effect. That can be a bigger pain
He (or she, no idea) isn't talking about editing the actual map file. They're suggesting that the landscaping tool in game should have the same functionality as the map editor. While that might be a bit much, it does need to have some of the same options. If anything, different sizes of grass patches could be made into placeable objects along with bushes and shrubs. Certain trees were placeable in FS17, but they're strangely missing from
FS19. You would think that with Giants hyping up the whole 'build your own farm' feature, they would have tried to pack as many placeable objects as possible into the base game. Considering they already have tons of such assets sitting around as map objects, hopefully we'll get something like that in one of those 'official' mod releases they've been doing.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

^^ I can confirm this, I've had grass growing through concrete because I thought you could do this.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10