Square bale wrapper is so finicky...

Arrancar88

Square bale wrapper is so finicky...

Post by Arrancar88 »

So I was excited about Kuhn square bale wrapper, but man it's so finicky. You literally gotta fit the bale right into middle, otherwise it won't start wrapping. I was hoping it works like bale collectors aka when you get close anough it will play collecting animation, but nope.
So I find it pretty annoying and sold the baler. I will stick to classic BGA silo style silage. Wrapped bales take too much time anyway.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
BARNYwithaGUN

Re: Square bale wrapper is so finicky...

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Uh that's how it works lol. I'm on the opposite end from you I love it. I tested it out on a cheat save now I'm trying to get enough money to buy it for my actual play through.
Have you tried the round baler with wrapper? It's pretty awesome too
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

That one seems the same as in FS17, which was alright since it put bales on the side so they doesn't roll. Baler and Wrapper in one unloads bales like Baler so they roll. Ravenport is not really good for round bales. That is why I prefer square bales so they does not roll.
PC Steam
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Ah makes sence ive only used it on fellsbrun on the 2 starter fields. I've noticed that round bales are a lot better and don't roll as bad as in 17 but if it's steep could be a pain. A little practice and you'll get the hang of it tho.
Or you could build a hay barn at bottom of hill and let them roll into it :mrgreen:
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

That sounds like funny idea :D
PC Steam
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Except that it'll cost you $1,000,000 to terraform the land to build the barn.
Playing on PC
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

hpmc13 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:18 pm Except that it'll cost you $1,000,000 to terraform the land to build the barn.
Hahaha
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

You have to be much more accurate with it than the Bale Trailer. I miss slightly and have to manoeuvre to get it to work.