the Requsts and complainsts about the game need to stop.

livesea72

Re: the Requsts and complainsts about the game need to stop.

Post by livesea72 »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:21 am I guess I should have said 7 to 10 year olds. all I was doing was making a point that not everybody that plays this game is 48 years old. that all I was trying to do...
Im 46 :blushnew:
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Wait until chrismas is over, thats probably the time the young folks will take over here.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

^^ticking noise begins :biggrin2:
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I know, some of us are even 50. I got your point, I was just practicing some humorous sarcasm, not the nasty kind ;)
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Obviously, as you are canadian and therefor by nature are unable to annoy us :D
(unless we have the hockey puck)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:27 am
:biggrin2: :hi:
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Someone mentioned deer earlier, I believe someone from giants said (probably lis) that deer were taken out cause no matter what they tried having the deer in alwasy hammered performance so they just kept the birds
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Leicesterlichtie wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:48 am Maybe a number of people are forgetful or have too high an expectation from how the game has developed in recent times. As far I recall, from reading the forums, there were issues at the beginning with FS17. I'm sure, with hindsight, Giants would have liked a smooth process & minimum problems. Give them a little breathing space to sort it.
Where a lot of the issues are stemming from, are from bugs/issues that were fixed in FS17, but for some magical reason are back again in FS19. Like if this game is really an upgrade from the prior version, then why are some old bugs back again? Did they not learn/copy code from the game prior?

As for Mods, it takes time to convert mods, same thing happend in FS15 to FS17. While it was a tad faster for some of the maps to be converted, this time around the lighting itself was changed. This means any old maps need to be updated by hand, rather then some quick conversion. Same thing applies to cars/trucks/tractors ect.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I can see peoples excitement with john deere being in the game, and them wanting mods from them. Also you cant deny people have good reasons to not like the game with all the bugs.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Hulkster

Post by Hulkster »

A topic to complain about the complaints.

Ironic don't ya think.

What will this actually solve, it's a part of life.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Once the first month moaners go away again and I suppose the Christmas rush goes past normal service will resume again. The love should be back just in time for valentines.....
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
pingu

Post by pingu »

I have a hard time taking the original poster seriously, but I'll try...

The "Requsts and complainsts" about the game don't need to stop - *you* want them to stop, which is not the same as they should stop. If you can't stand this kind of thing's, then why are you logged in on a forum dedicated to bug-reports and discussions about the game? Should GIANTS change it to some moderated cozy corner, and require that all users just praise the game and never complain/criticizes/bug-report anything?

Have it occurred to you that users (that you not know personally) may actually have issues (that you have no first-hand info on whatsoever to be able to criticize) with the piece of software that they bought? And that it may be that this is exactly the place in the universe to broadcast these issus so that the developer get to know about them?

And what has GIANTS hard work got to do with it? It is up to them to know what they are doing, to know their competence, to know what they can finish off before their release date. You think people should go "oh, they didn't *intend* to release a software that didn't work or crashed, therefore I shouldn't complain and let them know about the bugs"?

*I* have (had) issues with Farming Simulator 19, such as it won't start at all, can't handle controllers, extremely poor performance even on a machine way above minimum required specifications, etc. I actually think the place to talk about that is here, since the forum is named "Farming Simulator" and is run by the developer. I have also talked about what I like and not like about the game, and what I have wished it would be more about. Again, I did that under the label "General Discussion" in a forum named "Farming Simulator" run by the games developer. Lot's of other users have done that as well. Surprising, isn't it, that people have general discussions about Farming Simulator games in this place? I don't agree with all of what is said here, but that does not mean I think they should keep quiet. I don't think another macOS-user who report something that I have no issues with should be quiet because I myself don't have that issus. I think they are (as long as they respect the forum rules/etiquette) allowed to have their say, because I don't know everything about others experience and can't judge them.

If someone is being snooty or rude, it is probably you due to your attitude towards others users that have issues with a commercial piece of software that the bought.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Have to agree with pingu 100% - people have a right to complain about a product they've paid good money for and I have no problem with it if they can substantiate their frustrations. The notion of showing gratitude to Giants for what was a broken product to some and not-completely functional to just about everyone I find ludicrous - if you can't tell a game developer what is wrong with their product how can they fix it or make things better in the future?

I am enjoying FS19 but it still feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back from FS17 so there is work for Giants still to do. I also think this has to be a wake-up call for them and they need to evaluate whether their 2-year release cycle is sufficient or appropriate for the scale of game they are now producing.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

I can see both sides of the argument and have empathy with both to a certain degree. The Mod requests should go in the Mods forum. What is wrong though is the 'Attitude' which comes across in many of the posts. Goes against forum etiquette and general decency. I'm guilty myself sometimes. I'd just say if you have a problem, take a couple of minutes to compose yourself before going off on a rant at Giants / other forum users. Follow guidelines and read/search the forum to see if others have the same issue before posting. Be polite.

If someone were to rant/vent at me doing my job, I'd think about doing the bare minimum for them. I'd certainly not go the extra mile for that person, which is what I usually do for polite courteous people.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
pingu

Post by pingu »

I agree with the 'attitude' problem. I guess it is the same as with everything else on the net - especially where one can be anonymous. It probably only took 10 minutes after Usenet went live in 1980 (If I recall correctly) before we had user using all capitals, being generally rude, have a demanding attitude, repeating themselves, trolling and starting flame wars... I don't care much about posts that just (often in a few short sentences) "shouts", or "demand" things to change "NOW!!!", or proclaim something to be the "best" or the "worst" of all times without any form of valid arguments. For me they don't tend to add anything to the general knowledge-base of the world.

One small note though: I guess that one reason for a post (regardless of what is is about or how it is phrased) to come across as rude or uncivilized, is that I think many here (as indeed myself) do not have English as their native language.

As with the rest of society, it's hard to think of a solution that is easy to implement. After 30 years on computer networks I have yet to encounter an online forum that 100% works in-line to the forums own netiquette. I do not envy a job where you moderate every post before it's posted, and maybe ask the poster to rewrite, clarify, make same valid arguments, differentiate between fact and personal opinion, use a more civilized tone, etc. The world consists of so many typ of personalities from different cultures and social backgrounds...
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->