the Requsts and complainsts about the game need to stop.

PoggleBox

Re: the Requsts and complainsts about the game need to stop.

Post by PoggleBox »

Indeed. That is something easy to forget.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Psistorm

Post by Psistorm »

To reply to the OP, I somewhat agree. Criticism should be constructive, and requests should be polite. Software nowadays is sold as-is, and I feel like Giants is definitely one of those developers that has a marked interest in their product being good and eventually bug-free, unlike other large publishers/developers, who consider good enough to be, well, good enough.

I can understand frustrations and sometimes even outrage to an extent, though people need to realize that Giants isn't doing any of this out of malice. Yes they listen even though it might not always be plainly obvious, and they have it in their best interests to make the game good.
Be patient, report bugs calmly and if you want to give feedback and perhaps suggestions, do it politely. Civility isnt hard.

On the subject of requests, not a bad idea though, since it lets the developer know what the community wants, and allows them to make plans accordingly.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

:confusednew: I am still trying to figure out if this is a complaint or request :this:
STL

Post by STL »

It'd also be nice if people would quit making request threads, to complain about other people complaining! :hmm:
bennythen00b

Post by bennythen00b »

That's a bit naive. I'm a paying customer and will absolutely complain about faults or shortcomings in a product I've spent money on. All you're doing now is cluttering up the forum.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

HaHa :lol: ,, cluttering up the forum.. Sorry had to laugh at that. this forum has been cluttered for a long time..
bennythen00b

Post by bennythen00b »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:45 pm HaHa :lol: ,, cluttering up the forum.. Sorry had to laugh at that. this forum has been cluttered for a long time..
Right. :biggrin2:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I can understand the frustrations people are having. This release by giants is indicative of the video game industry as a whole. For ease of comprehension, I'll split this into two parts.

Firstly, games are being released by some developers before they are ready. Thus day one patches, that very rarely fix all of the games issues, are becoming the new normal.I can remember when no man's sky came out. The game was completely unfinished without a day one patch! Or, more recently, we can look at fallout 76. It was released with a day one patch that was bigger than the actual game itself. Even after such a large patch, fallout was so broken it was seemingly unplayable.

This is becoming a concerning trend where developers rush products to the shelves that seemingly need many more months of work and testing. But, with commercial schedules, they have to rush so they don't end up two weeks past deadline. Compounding the issue is what systems developers are using. Many are sticking with outdated systems they have used since game one. These are called legacy systems. The problem there is that these systems weren't designed for modern day tech. They were designed for the period of time they were developed. To change these systems, however, would completely break everything at launch. Instead they stick with the system they have in place and it becomes an intricate and unwieldy quagmire that requires teams to figure out how to develop the game around the issues. Sometimes things aren't done in time, hence the day one patch.

Secondly, you have paid dlc. Ah the era where developers can release half a product and require you to pay for the rest. This may not be as true for farming stimulator, which usually doesn't release massive dlcs in the vein of Bethesda or other big developers, but they have their hands in the money sapping pot as well. I don't know about you, but having to pay for a few missions and maybe a cool new weapon or outfit, when the $60 dollars I paid should have covered my horse armor, (sorry couldn't resist) seems like nothing more than a cash grab. Why couldn't those bailers and tractors be included in the main game or released as part of an update? Give me one good reason why I should have to fork out ten extra dollars for it. My favorite is the season passes. "Hey you! Yeah you! Come here. Have I got a deal for you! I'll sell you this stripped down version of the game for the regular price, or you can pay me twenty or thirty more dollars and you'll get the whole game and a nylon bag! Act fast and I'll throw in a cheap tshirt! How does that sound?" Since when did developers become car salesmen? It's ludicrous.

As long as developers continue to value the almighty dollar over the quality of their games and consumers continue to settle for rushed, broken and half finished games that they have to pay extra for to get the full product, the longer these issues will persist. Vote with your wallets people. We ultimately have the power to look past the hype and see the reality of the situation and we also have the power to force these things to change.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Mauritzdt

Post by Mauritzdt »

I believe positive criticism is a good thing so the creators can learn and be even better at what they do. Nobody ever knows everything and if there are problems and faults to be pointed out, it should be allowed, but bad mouthing should not be tolerated.

Keep it clean and don't judge, anyone..
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Addictedtofs wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm I can understand the frustrations people are having. This release by giants is indicative of the video game industry as a whole. For ease of comprehension, I'll split this into two parts.

Firstly, games are being released by some developers before they are ready. Thus day one patches, that very rarely fix all of the games issues, are becoming the new normal.I can remember when no man's sky came out. The game was completely unfinished without a day one patch! Or, more recently, we can look at fallout 76. It was released with a day one patch that was bigger than the actual game itself. Even after such a large patch, fallout was so broken it was seemingly unplayable.

This is becoming a concerning trend... (continues in Spoiler)
where developers rush products to the shelves that seemingly need many more months of work and testing. But, with commercial schedules, they have to rush so they don't end up two weeks past deadline. Compounding the issue is what systems developers are using. Many are sticking with outdated systems they have used since game one. These are called legacy systems. The problem there is that these systems weren't designed for modern day tech. They were designed for the period of time they were developed. To change these systems, however, would completely break everything at launch. Instead they stick with the system they have in place and it becomes an intricate and unwieldy quagmire that requires teams to figure out how to develop the game around the issues. Sometimes things aren't done in time, hence the day one patch.

Secondly, you have paid dlc. Ah the era where developers can release half a product and require you to pay for the rest. This may not be as true for farming stimulator, which usually doesn't release massive dlcs in the vein of Bethesda or other big developers, but they have their hands in the money sapping pot as well. I don't know about you, but having to pay for a few missions and maybe a cool new weapon or outfit, when the $60 dollars I paid should have covered my horse armor, (sorry couldn't resist) seems like nothing more than a cash grab. Why couldn't those bailers and tractors be included in the main game or released as part of an update? Give me one good reason why I should have to fork out ten extra dollars for it. My favorite is the season passes. "Hey you! Yeah you! Come here. Have I got a deal for you! I'll sell you this stripped down version of the game for the regular price, or you can pay me twenty or thirty more dollars and you'll get the whole game and a nylon bag! Act fast and I'll throw in a cheap tshirt! How does that sound?" Since when did developers become car salesmen? It's ludicrous.

As long as developers continue to value the almighty dollar over the quality of their games and consumers continue to settle for rushed, broken and half finished games that they have to pay extra for to get the full product, the longer these issues will persist. Vote with your wallets people. We ultimately have the power to look past the hype and see the reality of the situation and we also have the power to force these things to change.
I did read your whole post and I agree with you. Game software is a product like any other and should be delivered finished and ready to go, with relatively few problems. I think players may have reached the limit of "out now/fix later" experiences at $50 to $60 up front (I know I have).

Sensitivity to bugs is up since FS17 launch, or feels that way around here. Until FS19 is fixed the complaints around the forum will continue, and I think rightly so. Paying for an item then pointing out frustration when it doesn't work right is not asking for special treatment. When the game is fixed I'm sure the negative threads will reduce or disappear entirely. In the meantime we all need to practice good manners and not be rude, insulting or abusive when relaying our frustrations to each other and any of the devs that happen to be reading.
Farming on PS5
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

yeah, i think the game needs more positive critisism, giants worked very hard on this game and at the very least, we could be greatful, im not against bug reports but it seems like people are more complaining than reporting. just an obersvation
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

agree with OP. i mean you have game reviews, why the heck do you buy, if you don't like. trolling for trying to make people make the game you dream, because you are too lazy to create your own is not the solution. i mean it's too easy. 19 is a great game. bit bugguey, but nothing game breaking. you don't like, just don't buy
pingu

Post by pingu »

jpm1 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:31 pm agree with OP. i mean you have game reviews, why the heck do you buy, if you don't like.
How to know if you like it if you don't buy and try it out? Your seriously think everybody gets all informed by 'game reviews' about possible bugs and performance issues on their computer and their OS?

jpm1 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:31 pm trolling for trying to make people make the game you dream, because you are too lazy to create your own is not the solution. i mean it's too easy. 19 is a great game. bit bugguey, but nothing game breaking.
So reporting bugs is trolling?
Maybe not "game breaking" for *you*, but obviously both "bugguey" and "game breaking" for lots of others. You have a hard accepting the fact that your experience and your computer not being the norm of the gaming society?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

since you post in the general section, and not the bugs section, for me it's a kind of bashing. you don't like the game post a negative review where you purchased the game, and done :smileynew:
what i'd really like, it's that Giants change their release date for FS. and polish FS19. and don't release next FS before 3, or 4 years. that would be cool
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

I don't like a bunch of wining either but people are people.they may expect to much or hear/read something and believe it's fact,when it was talked about only.maybe we will get it all in time.but for now we get what we get.
For now I'm happy with fs19.I hope for many things but till then there is a great game to play now fs19..I want more mods everyday...but till they get there...I play what there is.Im thankful till Giants and the great modelers build it into the game we all want.I still play on fs17 to...as I heard by others...give them the time needed to make the changes and add the modes we all want...take care all