use heavy equipment for terrain mods

IronBeard37

use heavy equipment for terrain mods

Post by IronBeard37 »

it would be nice to see dozers, excavators, dump trucks and such put in the game and have them make use of the 1.2 terrain mod tool. instead of using the tool, we could buy the equipment and use dozers, graders to smooth and level ground or dig things out. I think with this update and the right people on it, it would be possible to bring more brands and equipment to the game and also add more variety. I really enjoy logging and would love to see a forestry dozer in fs19. this would satisfy the people that want giant to create a construction sim. have it all in one game. opinions?
PrincessJessi84

Re: use heavy equipment for terrain mods

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I think that IF its possible at all it will likely take some of the best modders the fs community has to offer.. and that's if there is any chance of making it work like it should
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Would be a lot of pushback on that because while were seeing a lot of new cool features there's a large part of the community that would like to see the actual farming and animal side fleshed out more and see the added features as detracting from developing the core of the game. Thats why seasons is so popular. And I can agree with that view.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

The landscaping feature doesn't actually add or remove any visible earth - this would have to be addressed if it were to become a dynamic simulated feature. Given what we have seen modders be able to do with FS in the past I couldn't say it would be impossible but it seems unlikely to happen to me.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

So basically you want Gold Rush: The Game in Farming Simulator?
IronBeard37

Post by IronBeard37 »

I'm not saying I want gold rush here but it would make more use of the buckets on the front end loaders and general use on the farm. I have seen farmers use D9s with rippers to turn over fields so it's not really abnormal to see it. It's also another way to implement the editor so your using the equipment to do it and not as a flying object that's modifying the game environment.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Maybe in fs21 but not in fs19
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Maybe a little late, but wouldnt it be a lot easier to make if all the houses/farmes where buyable, and all the pastures could be expanded? No need for terra tools, and it would be up to mapmakers to ensure(if wanting to) enough space around existing buildings?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

If I had to remove the dirt from my terraformed fields I wouldn't know where to put it and it would take a week. I'd rather have the possibility of painting real grass, boulders and trees. Too bad you can't edit an already modified map with GE.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

By the way it sounds, you want removable ground scoop up dirt to make a hole, that will be very cool, but very time consuming, because you could be getting money doing contracts, selling your grain, getting your farm established, also all the equipment you would have to buy, and to top it all off, as Drmattymd said, 60 pounds of scripts, and it wouldn't be possible because fs19 is already released, and Giants would have to build a whole new engine for this, would it be possible in the next game? Absolutely, but i highly doubt it'll be in the game, i think that what Giants is making and doing right now with the landscaping tool is pushing it that's the way i look at it anyways, i know it was suppose to be in the base game, but i like the idea, but it won't happen in fs19.