Equipment controls

PoggleBox

Equipment controls

Post by PoggleBox »

Is there any way to find out what controls are available for every piece of equipment in the game? I know F1 brings up a list of mapped controls but not every device or control is mapped by default. So some features are present in the game but you know nothing about them until you see it on youtube or encounter a problem.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
malachi6

Re: Equipment controls

Post by malachi6 »

All controls are listed in the control options. For mods etc.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Yes, 157 of them! but how do you know which control does what on which piece of equipment? And what controls each piece of equipment has?

For example: A crop sprayer. Has the ability to adjust the height of the spray bar. Yet those controls aren't listed anywhere. I only found out you could do it by watching a video, then had to find the associated controls by trial and error. The Merge Max 902 windrower can row the grass left, right or centre. I still don't know which command or keys control this because it isn't listed anywhere.
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Yeah some control mappings in the menu are just labelled “tool function 3” or something and if no key is mapped to it then that option doesn’t appear in the help hud in game. I have a mod spreader which I know has a function I’ve not been able to use because no key shows for it. I’ve said before the mappings page really ought to have been given a bit more thought and organisation for a game of this type.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Exactly. It took nearly 2 hours for me to work out that the Stepa Log trailer has 2 control groups, one for the crane arm and one for the stabilizers. Then I had to experiment with the mappings to find out what did what. That's just one tool. The mowers can be chained together if you turn one of them around. Or you can connect a teddar to it if it's the right way round but nowhere are there any instructions for this.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Before we had to exit the savegame and change controls in the main menu.
Being able to do it while playing is a huge step in the right direction.

Still ... it can be a struggle to figure out what is what.

Would it not be awesome if the available controls for the specific vehicle you are operating at the moment where highlighted in the controls menu ... :this:

Most of the controls in the "F1 screen" are the controls for trivial stuff that you use all the time and do not need any "reminders" for anyways ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I'm finding some of the controls are hidden, but not always, for instance lowering the header doesn't always come up on the help screen, yet when I push v it drops.

Also the fine controls for the baling grab attachment for the telehandler could do with a tweak.. It's only the grab and release of the baler, but its on the opposite axis to extend the boom so you've got to be really precise with mouse movement. I took to using the keyboard bind to be sure that I was only getting the movement required.