What happened on your farm today?

fozbot1973

Re: What happened on your farm today?

Post by fozbot1973 »

On Felsbrunn; I used the landscaping tools to create some gravel tracks and concrete pads for my yard at field 20, harvested some oats and canola, sold my silage bales (I had 40 of them waiting to sell), replaced my round bale kit with a square bale setup (no more stop-start baling), cultivated/drilled field 10, 11, 18 and 19 with soybeans, grass and oats, weeded the fields and brought an array of seed/fertiliser pallets to the yard to set up a stockpile. It was a busy day!
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

wow. i have hardtime managing my two fields (one pretty big though) :shock: . Does straw bales selling pay well? was thinking of buying some equipment for my next purchase
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Straw sells well yes. 2 ways of doing it. A forage harvester to collect and drop off at the sell point, or baling. Both have merits, you'll probably end up with both pieces of equipment anyway.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Ravenport, fert contracts on #3, 12. Harvesting contract currently on going #10

Harvesting soybeans my field #8, once done will harvest canola my field #11. After a little bit more of 8 is harvested will start the seeder going. #11 will need lime, then will replant it

Cooking steaks at the moment so game is paused till dinner is done
Largan

Post by Largan »

On Felsbrunn:
- Did a contract to get my balance to 13000 euro.
- Took my 4 horses out for daily training then cleaned them. (8 more rides left then I can cash in!)
- Started harvesting soybeans. With the earlier harvest it should net me some good cash.
While doing all this I was wondering what my next step is. Will set up cows but want to get the right spot. The field with the little lake seems good but it costs 280k-ish.

Awaiting patch to be able to fully setup my farm though.
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

All maps are unplayable at 3k on ps4 pro after 1.2 update. If i want to drop to 2k then it works :confusednew:
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

livesea72 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:29 pm All maps are unplayable at 3k on ps4 pro after 1.2 update. If i want to drop to 2k then it works :confusednew:
Wrong topic, pretty sure you meant this to be in the “finally figured out the repair bar” topic
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Nope not wrong, nothing is happing on my farm today i cant see anything.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Oh, ok...makes more sense. I just saw you’d posted it multiple times so thought you might of done goofed. I’m yet to see if the update works with my display...😕
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I did some hasty farming last night and bought as many fields as I could whilst harvesting soy beans, sold the produce for just under £400k whilst playing around with some of the larger fertilisers and seeders... Naturally the AI struggled with tight borders and oddly shaped fields, so I'll stick to the big red seeder and solid fert for the time being.

As I bought so many fields I hit up the bank for about 1.3 million, I'll stick to the fields I have now, (8) and just run contracts while abusing the acreage and figuring out my next move.

Another week or two and I'll have a double trailer stacked 3 high of wool. But I'll have to send the lawn mower & trailer for some more munchies for the sheep's.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Just trying to give people a heads up before there are 30 bug reports on it. I was going to make one but since there was one up i commented on it and giants is working on a solution.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Awoke at 06.30 on Felsbrunn to find 3 fields (19, 27 & 28) infested with adult weeds so sprayed them all. Unclamped my silage and took it to the barn for £22k return. Picked up my water tank and straw blower from the shop. Filled the water tank at the lake on the way back from the shop in preparation for getting my first horses today. All before 08.00.

Still to do: Check and fertilize fields that need it. Plough, seed and roll the area around the paddock that was built and terraformed yesterday, otherwise the grass won't grow back and I'll have to buy hay for my horses. Make hay bales from field 20 in preparation for my horses. Harvest Soybeans, Oats & Wheat later today when they are ready. Need to check wheat prices as they have been low for 3 days and my silo is getting full. A few contracts in between to make enough to buy the horses. If not borrow from the bank.

Found a bug. Overspray of either fertilizer or lime from field 19 into field 20 (which is grass) caused weeds to grow in the grass over-sprayed area. Weeds do not normally grow in grass.
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Spent a day on the American Outback as a break from my YouTube Let's Play on Estancia Lapacho. Decided to use Outback as a place to test some of the things in game I've never dabbled with before ever in a Farm Simulator title. So I started keeping Animals and trying to work out how best to cater for their needs and requirements. I also began to experiment with Forage Harvesters and start harvesting chaff to use to make silage, I also started grass farming to make sure I have grass, grass bales, hay and hay bales for the animals. Using this as good practice so when I get round to doing it in my series on my proper save, I won't look like a total clueless noob.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

woke up early to get an early start, fell asleep in my coffee. Lost time, went to porch to drink coffee watch the sunrise and grass grow as the farm came to life. Fell asleep drinking coffee.

Woke up to finish cold coffee and start the daily routine of complaining about coffee being cold, and nothing getting done on the farm and to much to do....

You know just the usual farm stuff. And that is just the start of the day.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Can we keep the thread on topic and post bug only related stuff in the appropriate place please.