Wild grass...or grass at all?

Heritagefarms

Wild grass...or grass at all?

Post by Heritagefarms »

So I'm doing some landscaping and road building around my farm and a question crossed my mind. If I have an area that I painted, and it deleted the grass, but I changed plans and painted it back with the grass texture, how do I get grass to grow back?? I have this huge bald spot in one place with no grass besides the texture.
PoggleBox

Re: Wild grass...or grass at all?

Post by PoggleBox »

You need to plough the land after you've textured it and sow grass seed then go over it with the vario roller. The texture will come back, then the seed will grow as usual. Being grass, you won't get any weeds in it. Be careful though, if you plough concrete and roll it the concrete texture will come back, but the grass will grow through the concrete......
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

I would like diffent grass types field or meadow grass/flowers and alfalfa grass..take care all.
Ololo

Post by Ololo »

PoggleBox wrote:You need to plough the land after you've textured it and sow grass seed then go over it with the vario roller. The texture will come back, then the seed will grow as usual. Being grass, you won't get any weeds in it. Be careful though, if you plough concrete and roll it the concrete texture will come back, but the grass will grow through the concrete......
It works! Thank you! :hi:

KWW92374 wrote:I would like diffent grass types field or meadow grass/flowers and alfalfa grass..
+1
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Its a shame that we have to plow it back up, some areas around my farm get really tight, I don't even know if I can fit a roller in there
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I am hoping it is a bug that it works this way as it is a hassle, but it can be quite useful as I have done it with concrete textures to introduce little overgrown areas here and there so can’t complain too much.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

PoggleBox wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm You need to plough the land after you've textured it and sow grass seed then go over it with the vario roller. The texture will come back, then the seed will grow as usual. Being grass, you won't get any weeds in it. Be careful though, if you plough concrete and roll it the concrete texture will come back, but the grass will grow through the concrete......
So simulator like.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada