Help With New Equipment?

InstaBuzz

Help With New Equipment?

Post by InstaBuzz »

Can someone explain to me with the new equipment? What's the difference between an disc Harrow, power Harrow, and a cultivator? The description of all items in these categories is word for word the same. The same question for a sub soiler and a plow? I've played the game since FS15, so I'm aware of what a cultivator does. Just not sure when or why I would use the items (harrows) that have exactly the same description as a cultivator. Or when I would use a sub soiler over a plow.
Husqvarna TS 352

Re: Help With New Equipment?

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

In real life they make a difference. In FS they are basically the same. Cultivators, Disc Harrows and power harrows all do the same job. Plows and subsoilers are different. Plows can create new fields and must be used after Corn, Sugar Beets, Potatoes and Sugarcane. Sub soilers can replace a plow for after these crops but cannot create new fields. Hope this helps.
G'day
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

Immensely. Thank you. I like using the right tool for the job, especially in a sim game.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Subsoilers plow AND cultivate in the game.
They're the best for maize where you need to plow after every harvest.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

You cannot, however, use a subsoiler for a ploughing Contract.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10