Bale stacking

blackmagic14

Bale stacking

Post by blackmagic14 »

i stacked 100 bales into the medium shed

6 in height and 3 bale wide

they suddenly start twitching and dancing apart and destroying the whole stack they even turn over and hit the ground...

why does that happen?

any suggestions to stop this madness?

Best Regards
Chris
juf.de

Re: Bale stacking

Post by juf.de »

Solution: don't stack bales, ever!
Now more seriously: Giants has a problem with bale handling, always had, they apllied many patches and hotfixes througout the FS series and the handling became better over time but there is still a long way to go.
If you still like to stack bales do so in seperate stacks so if some cause trouble not all work is lost. Besides that it also helps to put them somewhere you don't drive through all the time, as the physics of bales gets automatically disabled after some time and only reactivate if a player comes close to them.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

It's been an issue since FS15 at least (that's when I started playing...)

I don't know the exact reason, but I think it's because the collision maps are so thin on them that they start to clip into each other and it starts an unstoppable chain reaction. It makes handling bales just plain frustrating. I have spend many hours stacking bales with a loader just to have this happen to them. Even using the in game auto loading bale trailers to get nice stacks won't stop it from happening.

My suggestions is get a mod that lets you store bales, or just store the loose material in a building...
PC gamer.
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

There's a tidy modded solo building that holds pretty much everything bar fluids. 500,000 liters too.
blackmagic14

Post by blackmagic14 »

thats sad... i love stacking those bales! :p but in this game its hell

thank you guys. merry christmas
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

blackmagic14 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 am but in this game its hell
Yea... But sadly it works better in this game than some of its competition...
PC gamer.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

196 bales stacked semi neatly in what was a shed until I moved the to a new location.
No issues with movement or shifting...yet
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

iB055 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:34 am 196 bales stacked semi neatly in what was a shed until I moved the to a new location.
No issues with movement or shifting...yet
Admittedly, I have seen things “dance” on occasion, it has typically been when I tried to do something silly. Bales have typically been well behaved. While I can’t claim a stack that big, I have done numerous stacks of 60 to 120 without any issues to speak of. Maybe I’m doing it “wrong”? :confusednew:
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I always make stacks with the bale collector its what you'd want to do anyways. They dont seems to have the weird physics of individually stacked bales.
Bobcatmike

Post by Bobcatmike »

Im pretty sure I took out a couple satellites and broke a window on the ISS with a couple of mine. First time I tried stacking, 4 of them took off into orbit and haven't been seen since.