Just don't get it

Irishbuster

Just don't get it

Post by Irishbuster »

I don't get how we went from excellent simulation physics in fs17 to the ridiculous physics in fs19. Throttle and braking in this game is more arcade than simulation and tractors start sliding when the forks touch the ground and the list can go on. Farm like never before hahaha the only thing we got is John D clouds bendable crops a stupid dog horses we can't ride when we have a steering wheel plugged in and really bad physics. Giants got to get their s**t together ..... this game should be called farming arcade 19 or fs13 revised.. *thumbsdown* 😤😖😡🤬
Husqvarna TS 352

Re: Just don't get it

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

If you don't like the game don't play it. It's obviously not for you if you're complaining about it being nearly unplayable and an arcade game.
G'day
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Aside from documented bugs with controls and certain machine, it works fine for me. I think the physics are far more realistic now as well; ‘17 was a lot more arcade-like unless you ran the MR mod. I mean, I’d have been dead years ago if I ever attempted to drive a real tractor the way one easily can in ‘17.

(By the way, every loader I have ever operated in real life was more than capable of lifting the front wheels off the ground. In fact, many years ago when I operated backhoe loaders some, we actually used the front bucket pressed against the ground a bit, in conjunction with the stabilizer legs on the back, to stabilize the machine while using the backhoe.)
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I don’t agree one bit 17 was a copy of 15. In fact I wish they would have kept some of the back end stuff the same for 19. It would make things a bit easier to script instead of figuring out by trial and error. The LUA API docs for 19 are vague.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Physics have changed ... IMO slightly more realistic now (with exceptions) some adjustments would be appreciated ...
Personally I dont like how equipment used to pick material up from the ground has a "detection zone" almost double the size of the tool ... if anything this makes the game feel "arcade like".

There is a lack of settings for adjusting controllers ... (sensitivity can only be adjusted from 100% and up - I need it to be lowered).
Luckily for me my Logitech software has the possibility to tweak this to make the driving experience more realistic!
Gas pedal sensitivity is lowered to 10% (!!!) and wheel is tuned in at 40% ... :this:

Complaining about "sliding when forks touches the ground" tells me your not trying to play the game very realistically anyways ... :lol:
There was an issue with front loaders, that I discovered with FS17, that made the vehicle turn around it´s own centerpoint (slightly) when the front loader was operated (in any position) ... this is still an issue in FS19!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I agree, driving realism is gone more up.

One thing to note, machines now roll over more, for example i loaded MAN forestry truck with heavy logs, half full and i could not take any turn faster than 50km/h, otherwise truck rolled over.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Fs19 has wayyy better driving physics the older fs games, have you ever tried to drive a tractor in real life. They don’t exactly feel like your everyday Honda Civic.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

Irishbuster wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:12 pm Throttle and braking in this game is more arcade than simulation

horses we can't ride when we have a steering wheel plugged in
Two points.

First, I do agree with the ACC and braking. It doesn't feel right. If I gently touch the brake on my G27, just enough to illuminate the brake lights, my vehicles tend to coast MUCH further than not using the brake at all. In all cases I feel vehicles also stop much too quickly when not using the brake.

Second, not sure what's going on with your system. I have a wheel (G27) and can ride horses with no problems. In fact, I can also steer the horses with my wheel if I choose to.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I would agree fs19 is a lot different than fs17.

I have found that fs19 is not quite at good as an overall game as fs17 at this point. I have went back to play fs17 for over a month now. But it’s only because fs17 feels like a complete game. Fs19 is just getting up and going. I think in 6-8 months it will be better than fs17. But without all the mods, especially seasons, fs19 is not realistic at al for me. I don’t feel it’s like farming because you plant one day, harvest he next. And do that over and over.

I am playing on lone oak and it’s in the middle of winter and I will spend a couple days just hauling grain and silage, in the snow and dark winter days. I personally enjoy the seasons a lot.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

The only good things are the the machines and physics and you hate it?