Is this cheating?

Bobcatmike

Re: Is this cheating?

Post by Bobcatmike »

Trash Panda Farms INC.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:30 pm Well I just did field 8 on ravenport, harvested corn at night time,So nobody could see who it was and got it all done before the owner woke up in the morning to see all of his corn was gone. if you guys don't tell he will never know who did it :wink:
Haha I can see him now. Wakes up, stretches, and looks out the window and screams ”where’s my corn!!!!”
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Arclight

Post by Arclight »

It is a game. Have fun however you play.
Bobcatmike

Post by Bobcatmike »

hate to say it but I know some hutterites that have done that.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Thanks for all the advice. Both sides made good arguments.
The quote below was my deciding factor in chosing not to
do it.
I dont want to use exploits.
Mainly I dont want to cheat myself.
PoggleBox wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 pm So, if you start a particular save with the intentions of not exploiting the game and you succumb to the easy money options available, the only person you are cheating is yourself.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I am playing hard mode. experimenting. and can't play with the xbox controllwr because it causes me to crash. no problwm. did thw buying, harvesting, and selling. next move is to see it the property is fertilized. I don't like going into harvest and it is not fertilized. next test is to buy it, fertilixe it, sell it back, wait until it is ready to harvest, buy it and harvest it. just installing fs19 on my grandsons ps4 and then testing it out. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

The only problem with buying and selling fields to exploit other people's work is that these people don't actually work very much. Usually, those fields need plowing, lime, and maybe both stages of fertilization. That sloppiness causes a poor harvest. You should take a contract and take care of that, so you are essentially paid to work on your field before you buy it and the harvest will bring more money in.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Those who refuse to contract are missing out on valuable income too. Harvesting can take a while, but if you are careful and get all that you can you get a harvest bonus that can be up to 40% of the contract value on top. Fertilizing pays exceptionally well and can be done very quickly.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Cheating? Giving yourself instantly millions is cheating.
You still gotta invest few hours to harvest that field.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Yup but if you dont care I wouldnt worry about. Problem comes when people think the economy is balanced around metagaming and it becomes a git good argument.
Jababbo

Post by Jababbo »

I took some time to ponder this question and came to the conclusion that this is an intended game mechanic and not an exploit. Before you scoff me let me shed some light on this.

1. There are no lime contacts and few plowing contracts. When there is an plowing contract it was on a potato, beet or corn field.

2. Very few fields have 2x fertilizer on them.

3. Weeds are rarely offered in contracts compared to the amount of fields who have them.

With all of the above factors mentioned a person will get limited amount of money for harvesting and flipping the field. You would need the equipment to use to harvest and the capital to buy the field.

Contracts seem to pay roughly 6-8 k per hour of work (start from Scratch). On Felsbrunn map fields at 128k and under at best case scenario could make 3k profit for 35-45 mins work.

With this information and my personal experience as an beta tester I am led to believe that this was an intended mechanic.

Jababbo
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

stevoxsi wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:05 pm If you do it Santa won't come.
LOL :mrgreen:
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

I like to start a save like this:
easy mode with 100k and no debts to the bank to have already the house that costs a lot of money to spend the night, then record and go to MP mode to have more 1,250k as in the medium mode and return the 250k to not have commitments to the bank with an initial value of 1000k some equipment two lands and some stock in the silos; from here on out try to make a strategy minimally realistic trying to crop rotation and with the main objective to have a little of everything, trying whenever possible to maintain the initial machines (unless you have two equals)
this is my personal opinion, please respect everyone's because this is just a game! And have fun ...
Last edited by hugassi on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Jababbo wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:51 am I took some time to ponder this question and came to the conclusion that this is an intended game mechanic and not an exploit. Before you scoff me let me shed some light on this.

1. There are no lime contacts and few plowing contracts. When there is an plowing contract it was on a potato, beet or corn field.

2. Very few fields have 2x fertilizer on them.

3. Weeds are rarely offered in contracts compared to the amount of fields who have them.

With all of the above factors mentioned a person will get limited amount of money for harvesting and flipping the field. You would need the equipment to use to harvest and the capital to buy the field.

Contracts seem to pay roughly 6-8 k per hour of work (start from Scratch). On Felsbrunn map fields at 128k and under at best case scenario could make 3k profit for 35-45 mins work.

With this information and my personal experience as an beta tester I am led to believe that this was an intended mechanic.

Jababbo
You can always accept the harvesting contract, harvest and store the crop in a silo or train using the borrowed equipment. Then buy the field.