Courseplay...

Faelandaea

Re: Courseplay...

Post by Faelandaea »

ace54858 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:45 pm
pur3t4 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm courseplay and GPS Mod, are indispensable.
maybe coursplay when playing in single player but GPS is so not a indsispensable mod if people need a mod to be able to drive in a straight line in a game then better hope there not driving irl as how are they going to drive in a straight line irl.
Except ... professional farmers in real life who make a lot more money than most of us use ... GPS. I have Googled the proper uses of agricultural GPS systems and as part of immersion in the game I have used GPS in the same way they do in real life, which is the prevention of excessive overlap when manually harvesting or working fields.

Now, a player playing in third person - a.k.a. arcade - view ... for that player it is indeed easy to manually drive and not have any overlap at all. However I choose to use only first person view. i can't stand third person view. But in first person view I have the same issue real farmers have, which is overlap due to limited visibility and tracking on the edge of the headers/equipment in various situations.

Anyone can drive a straight line in a game. But GPS has, at least for me, never had anything at all to do with driving a straight line. It was all about efficiency in working the field with the least amount of overlap, as well as precision in maneuvering on rows and headlands.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
erict43

Re: Courseplay...

Post by erict43 »

Right, it's about putting your straight line in the correct place, more than only keeping it straight.