Courseplay...

Electsilver8

Courseplay...

Post by Electsilver8 »

Anybody know if they have released courseplay and GPS mods yet?
parad0x177

Re: Courseplay...

Post by parad0x177 »

GPS is likely not coming, though another well-regarded Modder is working on a replacement. Courseplay is also in the works, but has been hampered by lack of LUA documentation, which was only released this week, I believe. Both mods will be a while yet. Keep in mind that it took 6 months or more for Courseplay to be ported to ‘17 and the jump to ‘19 involves more changes. So, be patient.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

I'm being patient, I was just seeing if anybody knew anything about them.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

FS17 had 5 months for official release, but beta was much more early.
Mostly depends how much free time devs have and how hard is to convert it to FS19, can be a month or 6 months.
pur3t4

Post by pur3t4 »

I do not understand why Giants has not been able to prevent this for the game, it is an essential mod, both courseplay and GPS Mod, are indispensable. Maybe at the time of the first Farming simulator they were not necessary, but now you have to handle a lot of machinery and workers to be able to work all the lands. And without these mods it becomes very heavy to work them. Please, we know that it is hard work to update these 2 great mods, but the community needs them as soon as possible. Giants, I should have been involved a little more in these 2 mods !!
If any moderator sees this signature, it's because he will not let me put a photo, HELP a farmer
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

pur3t4 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm courseplay and GPS Mod, are indispensable.
maybe coursplay when playing in single player but GPS is so not a indsispensable mod if people need a mod to be able to drive in a straight line in a game then better hope there not driving irl as how are they going to drive in a straight line irl.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

pur3t4 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm I do not understand why Giants has not been able to prevent this for the game, it is an essential mod, both courseplay and GPS Mod, are indispensable. Maybe at the time of the first Farming simulator they were not necessary, but now you have to handle a lot of machinery and workers to be able to work all the lands. And without these mods it becomes very heavy to work them. Please, we know that it is hard work to update these 2 great mods, but the community needs them as soon as possible. Giants, I should have been involved a little more in these 2 mods !!
Courseplay is obviously just a way to spare us some tedious work or the driving around the maps, but most modern tractors do actually use GPS in real life to help to avoid overlapping and the waste of seeds or fertilizer, so it should be in the game.

I'm a huge fan of Courseplay, especially the latest release with all the new features, but both the in-game maps are not very friendly when it comes to driving. In Felsbrunn there are left turns that are almost impossible to make with a truck with a semi attached, not to mention selling points where you can't drive through, like the Grain Elevator East or the Train Station. The roundabouts are also very difficult to drive with some trailers without colliding with street signs or putting your wheels on a boardwalk. The red cotton transporter is a nightmare, too large and the jack gets stuck sometimes. The AI workers actually do a better job now, so until friendlier maps come out, I can wait for a release that actually works as it should.
Sodyaler

Post by Sodyaler »

ace54858 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:45 pm
pur3t4 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm courseplay and GPS Mod, are indispensable.
maybe coursplay when playing in single player but GPS is so not a indsispensable mod if people need a mod to be able to drive in a straight line in a game then better hope there not driving irl as how are they going to drive in a straight line irl.
Yes, because video games translate to real life. GPS isn't just for driving in a straight line. It's a great mod that helps many players. Why are some people so argumentative for absolutely no reason? Regardless, the new GPS mod in the works looks fantastic.
pur3t4

Post by pur3t4 »

GPS For me it is essential because I use the plows and cultivators manually, I do not use workers, since then the game would work on its own, without your exerting any kind of effort ... now tell me you are capable of driving a tractor with plow without leaving a straight line? I do not, that's why for my GPS it is indispensable, the same for you is not, you use workers for that ...
Alexandro wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:06 pm
pur3t4 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm I do not understand why Giants has not been able to prevent this for the game, it is an essential mod, both courseplay and GPS Mod, are indispensable. Maybe at the time of the first Farming simulator they were not necessary, but now you have to handle a lot of machinery and workers to be able to work all the lands. And without these mods it becomes very heavy to work them. Please, we know that it is hard work to update these 2 great mods, but the community needs them as soon as possible. Giants, I should have been involved a little more in these 2 mods !!
Courseplay is obviously just a way to spare us some tedious work or the driving around the maps, but most modern tractors do actually use GPS in real life to help to avoid overlapping and the waste of seeds or fertilizer, so it should be in the game.

I'm a huge fan of Courseplay, especially the latest release with all the new features, but both the in-game maps are not very friendly when it comes to driving. In Felsbrunn there are left turns that are almost impossible to make with a truck with a semi attached, not to mention selling points where you can't drive through, like the Grain Elevator East or the Train Station. The roundabouts are also very difficult to drive with some trailers without colliding with street signs or putting your wheels on a boardwalk. The red cotton transporter is a nightmare, too large and the jack gets stuck sometimes. The AI workers actually do a better job now, so until friendlier maps come out, I can wait for a release that actually works as it should.
I agree with you, courseplay is basically a way to save a lot, if not a lot of work, and more when you already have several large fields, and I understand that it is not easy to reprogram every time the game version changes. I am also with you in that there are many bugs in the game, but I understand that it is not easy to leave a perfect game, if you do not do a beta-tester before. I do not know if giants have done it, but I see many mistakes that still have to be fixed, but I will not criticize them for that, because I think it's normal sometimes, and it does not destroy the gameplay either.
  My post is not a critic, I want to make it clear, it is only a request if possible, as quickly as possible, because I think that like me, there are more people asking for these 2 big mods, greetings!
If any moderator sees this signature, it's because he will not let me put a photo, HELP a farmer
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

GPS is to show you where to line up to prevent over lapping, this is why real tractors have it... And that is a huge help when spreading fert, lime, or herbicide in the game to prevent wasting it. Without GPS you have to overlap to not miss spots constantly.

It also really helps when creating fields to get nice straight lines. The terrain and the plow both twist the tractor and even when going slow and paying close attention this still makes it nearly impossible to keep perfectly straight w/o gps mod.

As for coursplay, I don't use it at all. I've tried it before and just didn't care for it.
PC gamer.
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

So very wrong.

GPS is very important to the game.
#1: IRL, its a simulator game, while there are arcade parts to the game, some areas of it hit IRL pretty spot on. Tractors today all use GPS to autosteer, no farmer IRL manually steers the tractors while plowing/seeding/spraying, well, not anymore.

#2: If you use a controller or a wheel, its pretty easy to get a straight line and stay there, on a keyboard....its not. So GPS allows people to keep a perfect line each pass, that is if they are doing it themselves anyways. Courseplay and AI vehicle extension are great for when your farm gets big.
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Not to say that courseplay is needed for gameplay but why would you want to use Giants AI when courseplay is far superior. Plus the added gameplay features makes it a mod that adds to the immersion of simulation. The fact that consoles don't have it and do just fine has no bearing as they also don't have maps like Stappenbach which made FS17 a new gameplay experience. Therefore, how can you judge what you haven't experienced.
pur3t4

Post by pur3t4 »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 pm
SirLANsalot wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 pm no farmer IRL manually steers the tractors while plowing/seeding/spraying, well, not anymore.

There are plenty of farmers that dont have gps and auto steer on their equipment.

Also to say that courseplay is indispensable or that the game is unplayable without it is a total load of stuff. Consoles have never had courseplay and yet they play just fine without it. I agree that it is a great mod and makes things easier but you obviously could play without it
Nobody has said here that you can not play with him, I have played without him for a long time, what we are saying is that it is a very important mod since it came out, for me and for sure, for many, obviously there will be someone who does not care , but those of us who care, we would like it to always come out with the game or as soon as possible ... those who want can play without mods, I prefer to do it with them!
By the way, ask those who play with PS4 or MS who think they can not use mods ... greetings!
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Where I come from we have annual ploughing matches IRL. They've been going for years. The location varies from year to year but the goal is the same. Plough a furrow as straight as you can. No GPS. Skilled tractor drivers.

The problem in game is the 0.5m grid squares it uses. These are aligned north/south and east/west. They aren't divided up. So, while you can drive at any angle, the soil you work has to fall in one of these squares. Hence the blocky stepped edges. The compass in the mini-map helps, but alignment is challenging to maintain. This problem also makes accurate terraforming difficult too. As you can only manipulate triangles based on these squares from what I can make out.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

[/quote]
GPS For me it is essential because I use the plows and cultivators manually, I do not use workers, since then the game would work on its own, without your exerting any kind of effort ... now tell me you are capable of driving a tractor with plow without leaving a straight line? I do not, that's why for my GPS it is indispensable, the same for you is not, you use workers for that ...
[/quote]
Drmattymd wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 pm
i personally don't use a worker inless i have to step away to do something, i can plow and cultivate just fine in a straight line.

There are plenty of farmers that dont have gps and auto steer on their equipment.

Also to say that courseplay is indispensable or that the game is unplayable without it is a total load of stuff. Consoles have never had courseplay and yet they play just fine without it. I agree that it is a great mod and makes things easier but you obviously could play without it
[/quote]

so agree with ya farmers irl back in the 70's 80's didn't have gps.