Courseplay...

Hawke67

Re: Courseplay...

Post by Hawke67 »

They say that a courseplay beta wont arrive before mid january.

Cheers
pur3t4

Post by pur3t4 »

Hawke67 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:13 am They say that a courseplay beta wont arrive before mid january.

Cheers
You can put the url where it says that, or at least tell us what page if you can not put urls here ...
If any moderator sees this signature, it's because he will not let me put a photo, HELP a farmer
kintino

Post by kintino »

to me Follow me and Courseplay are the essential mods, I used little GPS and then I discovered the creation of routes to plant sowing, spraying and the option of making headwaters to take the flaws I think GPS is unnecessary. It's just a personal opinion.
pur3t4

Post by pur3t4 »

Here I leave the url so that you can see the development of our beloved CP !!!
https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/2912
If any moderator sees this signature, it's because he will not let me put a photo, HELP a farmer
tim1972

Post by tim1972 »

CP is in the works, you can follow there progress on GitHub. Gps is also being worked on. Both are great mods but the game is playable without them. In my experience CP adds life to any map and is probably one of the best mods ever created for FS.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Being a console player I haven’t tried these. With course play and follow me, do you have to pay workers to do the following etc?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

You've always been able to choose not to pay the workers in course play.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Ah ok, that makes sense then. I wasn’t sure if the vehicles just magically followed you around or not having never used it.
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Never bring consoles in as a point. consoles are IRREVERENT when talking about how good/important a mod is. ALSO courseplay WAS on the modhub, which is mirrored with said consoles in FS17, so yes they COULD use courseplay if they looked for it. I don't think it was under "beta" either which was the only section that consoles didn't have.

Also, saying farmers didn't use GPS because it wasn't around in the 70's is ignoring what people have been saying. MODERN DAY FARMERS USE GPS, very few do not, mainly because of older equipment. Farming simulator is a MODERN DAY farming game, all the tractors in the base game ARE compatible with any bolt on GPS system. Also the John Deer tractors ALL HAVE IT ON THEIR MODEL, ya that little yellow dome on the top of the tractor....

Overall, GPS mod should be a part of the game by default, its pure stupidity to not have it in the game by now.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

SirLANsalot wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:34 pm Never bring consoles in as a point. consoles are IRREVERENT when talking about how good/important a mod is. ALSO courseplay WAS on the modhub, which is mirrored with said consoles in FS17, so yes they COULD use courseplay if they looked for it. I don't think it was under "beta" either which was the only section that consoles didn't have.
Nice to know pc and console users are still all one happy family with some people. And the word you are looking for is ‘irrelevant’, an attitude which proves the point of why people think that some (and I mean some) pc users consider themselves superior. Irreverent is something different entirely.

Also, just to set you straight, I don’t particularly care where you think courseplay was in the modhub, it was never available on consoles. This was confirmed multiple times as consoles can not have the scripts or necessary button combinations you would need to run it successfully.

If you are going to try and act superior, make sure you know what you are talking about. ✌🏻
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:58 pm why people think that some (and I mean some) pc users consider themselves superior.
PC is superior to Consoles, that is just a fact... If someone thinks they are better just because they play on a better system than someone else they are just a moron... There are many reasons someone may choose to play on a console over a PC, and that is their prerogative. But no console will ever compete with a gaming PC, If you think someone stating a fact like that makes them think they are superior your wrong.

As for Mods, there were many mods that were not in the "other" nor "beta" category that were not available to console. It is much harder for Giants to get a mod to either console than it is for PC. They cain't just post it and have it available, it has to go thru even more testing and be approved by either MS or Sony. And Seasons was the only script mod that made it, because Giants had to update the base game to be able to get it thru to console users.

The rules for scripts will be the same in 19 as they were in 17. So unless Giants decides to do what they did for Seasons, consoles won't be seeing any other script mods again. And I'm guessing Seasons could be out for a while before it makes it to consoles too, if it even does. I hope it does for any console users, but it's just the way mods work on consoles...
PC gamer.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

You will notice I said ‘pc users’

I know that pc gaming is superior, a lot of the people I referred to don’t understand the difference and assume they are superior because they use a superior platform. The attitude displayed in that post (the one I quoted, not yours) proves my point I think.

Personally I play on console out of choice. It’s easier for one, but mainly with this game if I played it on pc I would spend more time editing maps and mods than I would playing the game. 😆
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

State one thing you can do on a console with this game, that is better then on a PC. If you say controller, your wrong since you can just plug in either controller from either console into your computer and use it. PS4 controller can be used either via bluetooth to your computer (if your mobo supports it) or you can use the USB instead. Xbox is a little more tricky as you have to use the "play n charge" kit, and this only works with the new xbox one x and s controllers. So the one "advantage" that consoles COULD have, is gone.

As for the modhub I had been told they were the same between PC and Console, but I don't have it on console, because why would I? So thats another mark in the "why the hell would you play it on console".

I know this is getting off topic here, but still, why would you bring in consoles into any discussion is beyond me. Its best to forget they exist at all and focus on trying to make the game better. If it happens to work on a console, great, but it should not be the focus. That is why I am adamantly against consoles, as they really hold back gaming as a whole. Here with FS19 it was a PC game first and foremost and as such it should always be the focus, for modders, and the devs. While Graphics are not everything like in BotW on the Switch. The focus of a game should be from where it originated, and console players need to understand that. There system was already outdated the moment the system was launched, and you cannot change anything about it, or upgrade it.

I know some people don't have a computer that can play FS19, which is funny since, FS19 can almost run on just about anything. Giants has been pretty good at making sure the game has a wide array of specs it can run on while still making it look amazing on high end systems. You would have to be running Windows XP or Vista for FS19 to not work, because it will work even with Intels horrible built in "gpu"'s.

While what I have stated here is harsh, it is the truth.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

Please please don't keep arguing about pc and console into 2019, I have a pc and console have been playing since 2011 also have a copy of 2009 that I have played, joined forum in 2013, at the moment I prefer xbox.

Giants make a lot more money being multi platform the more money in the pot the better the game can be for all.

Please let's have a truce and help each other.
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Funny how the PC vs Console argument spawns in a topic that is totally unrelated to console users. Courseplay is only available to PC users so what gave this beast life.