wrapped grass becomes silage.. right?

kevinnem

wrapped grass becomes silage.. right?

Post by kevinnem »

so I mowed a bunch of grass, I didn't use a tedder, or windowrower on it, . just used the unit (forget the name) .. that *censored* up the grass, and then makes bale and wraps it.

Once wrapped does it become silage instantly? or do I have to wait,. How do I know what it is? did I follow the right steps?

Load it up one at a time on the cheapest trailier ( without sides) is a pain, is there a better way?
Bobcatmike

Re: wrapped grass becomes silage.. right?

Post by Bobcatmike »

wrapped grass is instant silage. What I usually use is mowers on the front of the tractor and a windrower on the back, then square bale the grass and wrap with the khun wrapper, then pick up with the 16 bale autoloader.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

kevinnem wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 pm so I mowed a bunch of grass, I didn't use a tedder, or windowrower on it, . just used the unit (forget the name) .. that *censored* up the grass, and then makes bale and wraps it.

Once wrapped does it become silage instantly? or do I have to wait,. How do I know what it is? did I follow the right steps?

Load it up one at a time on the cheapest trailier ( without sides) is a pain, is there a better way?
Yes, you did it right. It should become silage instantly. Yes, there is a better way: use a bale accumulator (stacker) to pick them up and move them. There is a square bale stacker in the base game and a round one on the Modhub.

Also, you can windrow the grass and still wrap it for silage; just don’t ted it. This will make baling easier and more efficient.
kevinnem

Post by kevinnem »

righ tnow I am jsut selling it ... I can't "accidentally" sell it as grass rather then silage right? is there really any benifit to usein g hte "silo" to make the silage loose?
Bobcatmike

Post by Bobcatmike »

At the BGA yes, the price is fixed whereas the barn fluctuates and I think it depends on if your PC or Console. I know the ps4 is bugged for selling bales at the BGA as the sell point is sort of in the wall half way up so loose is better. also not sure if its a bug, but on the base maps on easy the price of silage is 500-600 at the bga, but on estancia the price is 1500. Plus why would you want to sell it as grass as silage by default is more profitable.
kevinnem

Post by kevinnem »

right 100% want to sell as silage, . want to make sure I am not mistakenly selling as grass, just cause I dropped it off at the wrong place at the wrong time or something ... last question.. any reason to use round VS square bales?
Bobcatmike

Post by Bobcatmike »

only reason to use square vs round at this point on ps4 at least is the auto loader for square bales is double that of the round auto loader. however, take into consideration that the khun baler/wrapper does it all in one pass, so time wise it may equal out. I'll do a test map and put up a video to compare the time it takes to make one load each way using various methods and see which is more efficient.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

With seasons in 17 you had to wait I think one third of a season for it to turn into silage. Wonder if it's still like this when they release it for 19.
G'day
Bobcatmike

Post by Bobcatmike »

I believe it will be. Seb would know more.