Weeds grow back too quickly

InstaBuzz

Re: Weeds grow back too quickly

Post by InstaBuzz »

I haven't had much issue with them. They grow after a harvest, but when I sow / seed they go away. I use one of the seeders that does both jobs. And then weeds grow once while the crop is growing. So I'll usually wait until the 2nd grow cycle to make sure the whole field has weeds and then use my weeder. They stay away until the field has been harvested again.

Playing on Xbox btw.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

No, AI will not spray unless there are weeds for them to remove. Just get the helper 'x' has finished their task. Spraying fields with Part weed and part not will result in the helper stopping at the end of the weeds provided they started at the beginning of weeds. They will turn in the middle of a field if necessary. If there is a gap without weeds down the middle of a field they will do one half only. You have to move them to the other half before they will finish the field. Spraying still will not remove weeds from ready to harvest or indeed withered crops.

I'm wondering if this change has to do with a request by the Seasons MOD team so that they can implement their version of weeding in a better way. It certainly has gone under the radar until you found it.

It would help with resting too. If there were no weeds on your fields and you wanted to sleep, you could spray before resting to prevent the field from getting infected. Infection while sleeping could result in ready to harvest fields and reduced yield.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Sgt_UberGrunt

Post by Sgt_UberGrunt »

It would make sense that you can spray them before they start to grow (its called a Pre-emergent weed killer, like Avadex BW for wild oats)
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

It does make sense, but like everything FS it has it's quirks. V1.0.0.0 definitely didn't do this and I'm reasonably sure the Beta v1.2.0.0 didn't either.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10