Weeds grow back too quickly

Skunkworks

Weeds grow back too quickly

Post by Skunkworks »

Is the weed growth speed linked to plant growth speed.

I just killed weeds the same day, for them to appear later on the same field, the same day.

How are you ever supposed to stay ahead of them.

Is there a way to slow down the weed growth? This should be an option in settings. As currently you can only turn it on or off.
Alexandro

Re: Weeds grow back too quickly

Post by Alexandro »

I have some complaints about weeds too. First of all, if you sow a field with weeds on it, they disappear for a very short time, and then come back no matter how fast crops grow. Then there's the pattern, with them growing from North to South in small steps instead of covering a whole field simultaneously, and that's even weirder when the field isn't perpendicular. The patchy growth causes them to be full grown or at an early stage in the same field so that the weeder is pretty much useless now that the sprayer works on any growth stage. I also noted that if you plant grass, weeds appear only once, so if you like flowery meadows you can't mow the grass, or you'd have to cultivate and seed again to have the flowers back.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Yea, weeds need work...

Luckily Seasons will fix em...
PC gamer.
kintino

Post by kintino »

I also think that weeds grow very quickly, I even bought the weed remover but it is completely useless since it only works in the first stage of growth. Straw on the ground should be better worked.
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

I typically use my weeder... you actually can use it just after sowing or when the fruit first pop... so long as the weeds are visible yet not flowered. I generally either see weeds first pop just before sowing (or, if I wasn't using a direct seeder, before cultivation). If so, I typically sow and wait for both the fruit and weeds to both pop and get them with the weeder. If the weeds pop just after I sow, I hit them immediately with the weeder. Rarely do I use herbicide.

I note that I generally run at 5x. If you run faster/slower, weeds will pop faster/slower... adjusting clock speed can be useful if you want to delay or hurry weed progression.

Also note that you only ever have to deal with weeds once per harvest cycle... so best to make sure you have and remove weeds before you get to a harvest state.
Last edited by cvKurt on Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

You can turn weeds off
W1der

Post by W1der »

"I just killed weeds the same day, for them to appear later on the same field, the same day."

"Also note that you only ever have to deal with weeds once per harvest cycle..."

... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

My only issue using the weeder over herbicide is it's super hard to see the weeds... With the herbicide the dead weeds are easier to see.
PC gamer.
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

W1der wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:28 pm "I just killed weeds the same day, for them to appear later on the same field, the same day."

"Also note that you only ever have to deal with weeds once per harvest cycle..."

... :hmm:
My guess is the OP is not actually killing the weeds... just tilling them in.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I use herbiced and they discoloured. I assume that it is supposed to be killed.
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

Skunkworks wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:23 pm I use herbiced and they discoloured. I assume that it is supposed to be killed.
That's killed. Then you should not see a weed infestation there until after you harvest.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just made a test ...

It seems to be possible to spray before they start showing up ... !
I left a patch for reference ...

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

W1der wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:24 pm I just made a test ...

It seems to be possible to spray before they start showing up ... !
I left a patch for reference ...

Really? That would be awesome
Ignorance is bliss
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

I thought Lisertan said in a different topic (not sure which one) that herbicide can't be pre-done before they grow. Maybe they changed it after patch 1.2. Useful feature
G'day
W1der

Post by W1der »

Well ... spraying seems to work anyways ... which seems fair ... *thumbsup*