PC maps to console

BreadedVirus

Re: PC maps to console

Post by BreadedVirus »

Airborne82nd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:14 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm
Airborne82nd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:49 pm Well, i don't blame the OP, being i've done it myself requesting "NW Texas". We all seem to want something, and i can understand the legitimate excuses on why modders won't do it. But then, that leaves...Giants. What about an idea, in that they (Giants) just give us a multitude of "templates" to choose from ?

It seems the tech is already there for that, with Grass Be Gone, and sell point Placeables, plows, and tree placeables, sheds, the list goes on. You can have a "Great Plains" placeable, that's just some flat green map, we can just fill in. Others may want the Swiss Alps, with a mountain outlier and hills and the like. Others, some small mom and pop in England and you fill it in, etc.

It just seems very easy to do, and that the tech can already make that happen. If any techie could explain to me why it can't, i'd sincerely appreciate it. Being, like JD was the crying call for 17, i think 'Maps" are going to be the crying call for we console players on this game.
Anything and everything is the crying call for console right now.

To some point i can see why, but then from another point i......
.....can assume we're probably the elephant in the room at this point, given i think we may have even overtook PC in sales (i think we did in 17). So, seemingly, they have to do something for a substantial portion of this community.

We can't rely on modders, and so, given Giants has posted record sales this time around, probably due to we console folks and JD, we need maps, and ones that don't all look the same.

So, i think the Template idea is a start. And maybe given those record sales, some more personnel to put out more maps.
Very demanding you are. Maybe step up to the plate and make a map for the masses??

When will it be out? Will it be for all platforms? When will it be out? Will it be for all platforms??
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I mean I spent $650 on my rig and I play on max settings @ 1080p @60FPS. So again, $1000 isn't necessary.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:05 pm
Airborne82nd wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:14 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Anything and everything is the crying call for console right now.

To some point i can see why, but then from another point i......
.....can assume we're probably the elephant in the room at this point, given i think we may have even overtook PC in sales (i think we did in 17). So, seemingly, they have to do something for a substantial portion of this community.

We can't rely on modders, and so, given Giants has posted record sales this time around, probably due to we console folks and JD, we need maps, and ones that don't all look the same.

So, i think the Template idea is a start. And maybe given those record sales, some more personnel to put out more maps.
Very demanding you are. Maybe step up to the plate and make a map for the masses??

When will it be out? Will it be for all platforms? When will it be out? Will it be for all platforms??
Sir i understand your suggestion, but i work for a living. And in my work, it's not my job to create maps, or fix bugs, or do whatever others jobs are. I pay money on consoles for content. I don't get them free like you do. And that goes to your prior question, if there's gonna be "no mods", than there's no mods. That's perfectly fine, in that i in fact prefer NO mods, but new regular content as provided by Giants.

I don't pay modders, i pay Giants and that's where the content should come from. As i said earlier, they posted record sales off this game, and maybe hiring more personnel may be a good idea to meet these objectives. Anyhow, hope that helps.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Smith Modding wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:06 pm I mean I spent $650 on my rig and I play on max settings @ 1080p @60FPS. So again, $1000 isn't necessary.
*thumbsup*

Until you decide to upgrade your rig, but it is worth every penny in the long run.

Bought my PC for $700. The myth that PC gaming is expensive is rather strange, but it is based on WHAT games you want to play.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Airborne82nd.. so.. r u suggesting giants change their existing business model, a model that I might add has brought them the success they enjoy today, because u think they should? they have done the last 3 (maybe more, I started with fs15) releases EXACTLY the same way.. approximately every 2 years they release a new title with bug fixes and patches coming shortly after release.. approximately the same number of base game maps and DLCs.. some general feature improvements, new features, etc.. new equipment.. so on and so forth.. so.. did u not know what u were getting with fs19? what exactly were u expecting that has not been delivered with all 3 of the last console/pc editions of the game?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:21 am Airborne82nd.. so.. r u suggesting giants change their existing business model, a model that I might add has brought them the success they enjoy today, because u think they should? they have done the last 3 (maybe more, I started with fs15) releases EXACTLY the same way.. approximately every 2 years they release a new title with bug fixes and patches coming shortly after release.. approximately the same number of base game maps and DLCs.. some general feature improvements, new features, etc.. new equipment.. so on and so forth.. so.. did u not know what u were getting with fs19? what exactly were u expecting that has not been delivered with all 3 of the last console/pc editions of the game?
Sounds like he's a paying customer, asking for a completed and relatively bug free game, which Giants hasn't provided for several iterations as they rely on modders to keep the game interesting for more than a week, and fan boys/girls to make excuses for them. He's suggesting that since they appear to be making a lot of money, maybe they should consider putting more effort and provide maps that paying customers are asking for.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Giants provided FS19 at the price you paid. Nothing more promised or guaranteed. No company is obligated to provide goods or services beyond that agreement. However, Giants does always provide some free DLC content to their customers which is beyond what you can expect from most gaming companies.

Now I may be accused of being a fanboy but many will tell you I am far from whatever that means. Fiscally they appear to have sound operations, communications and quality assurance are not on sound footing. Of course, a SWOT analysis from an outsider is what is, an opinion, and like rear end everybody has one.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

and as usual u fail the see the point thumbwiz.. if I have bought a certain make and model of car several times in previous years and have not been satisfied im not gonna buy the new model.. simple as that.. giants has delivered exactly what they always have and he CHOOSE to be a paying customer.. if u and him r so dissatisfied then maybe let your wallets do the talking and not buy any dlc or fs21 and stop with the childish rants ALL THE TIME.. nuff said
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

It’s not up to Giants to get out more maps. You get 3 with the game. My idea would be to pay BB or OxygenDavid or another great mapmaker to have a map ready and included in release. Or had a map converted from 17.
No good employing more staff to make maps. Giants make poor maps.
Map templates ? So you’d have a map with a few roads, trees and square fields.
A lot of modders don’t convert maps to console because of the constant whining (see this thread). A mate I work with and play on mp made Parker’s Prarie last year. Said he’d never convert it. 1. Scripts 2. The never ending demands and rants from console players 3. Maps are made on PC. As Jessie said, it’s hard to convert and get them passed.

Consoles had 50 odd maps last year. So why a constant demand again ? You’ll get them soon enough. Marwell is in testing. More will come.
I remember with 17, a forum member on console kept posting about maps and when when when. I think it was Sandy Bay that came out. 3 days later he posted again on when more maps are coming out. Just lol.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

and as usual PrincessJessi84, you fail to see the point. I HAVE let my wallet do the talking as I was able to get a refund once I saw important content stripped and left out on purpose. I know I'm not the only one.
I'm glad that you and others are able to enjoy the game, and I wish I could. To borrow your analogy, I did buy the same make and model of car again. This time, in addition to the usual plethora of warning lights, it was missing power steering and the windshield wipers were missing some wiring because the factory didn't have time to install everything prior to delivering it to me. They offered a work around for the wipers, either don't drive in the rain, or I could touch the break, put the radio on station 3, have a person in the back fasten their seat belt, and then the wipers would start (a lot of steps, kinda like getting grass to grow). The power steering had no work around, and so they promised 2 or 3 recalls in the near future to have it installed and eventually get it to work as expected. Anyways, I sent the car back for a refund.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Do any map makers ever just give a map to giants once they have completed it on PC? And the giant do the work of adding what they need to add?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Goose66 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 am A lot of modders don’t convert maps to console because of the constant whining (see this thread). A mate I work with and play on mp made Parker’s Prarie last year. Said he’d never convert it. 1. Scripts 2. The never ending demands and rants from console players
:this:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Goose66 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 am It’s not up to Giants to get out more maps. You get 3 with the game. My idea would be to pay BB or OxygenDavid or another great mapmaker to have a map ready and included in release. Or had a map converted from 17.
A lot of modders don’t convert maps to console because of the constant whining (see this thread). A mate I work with and play on mp made Parker’s Prarie last year. Said he’d never convert it. 1. Scripts 2. The never ending demands and rants from console players 3. Maps are made on PC. As Jessie said, it’s hard to convert and get them passed.

Consoles had 50 odd maps last year. So why a constant demand again ? You’ll get them soon enough. Marwell is in testing. More will come.
I remember with 17, a forum member on console kept posting about maps and when when when. I think it was Sandy Bay that came out. 3 days later he posted again on when more maps are coming out. Just lol.
I can’t remember off hand, but console mods were a plenty. I’ll check my PS4 later and see just how many, but I’m pretty sure it was well ove 250, not including maps..
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:00 pm Do any map makers ever just give a map to giants once they have completed it on PC? And the giant do the work of adding what they need to add?
I cannot think of a specific instance where this was the case. However, I do remember in FS 17 that Giants employee's volunteered their personal time to help a modder (BB) bring a very popular map to console.

You will see maps from SOMS2, Vanquish, Frontier Design, BSM, etc coming to console. Seems they always submit and get their maps through the testing process. Some keep their maps solely PC, some restricted just for private group use and some just for private use.

Giants gives the ability to edit and modify the game to your liking if you are willing to learn as well as put forth the effort on PC. Now they have brought some of those basic tools to console.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Goose66 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 am It’s not up to Giants to get out more maps. You get 3 with the game. My idea would be to pay BB or OxygenDavid or another great mapmaker to have a map ready and included in release. Or had a map converted from 17.

Okay, i want to thank you for the response, if only b/c you brought up my "Template" idea. And my idea on that, NO TREES, and NO ROADS on the template. That's the problem with these maps imo. I don't want any trees, and to the extent i do, i'll plant them myself. All they have to do, is give me one big flat as a board template with grass, and I'LL do the rest.

They could have other templates, for other tastes, who want to farm in the Appenine Mountains or wherever.

I asked if there were any techies who can tell me, that an idea like that would not be feasible, where as, i don't see why it can't be feasible given we have all the placeables.

And as far as "roads", Welker didn't have roads. You just plow paths, or grass be gone the paths, which we can do ourselves.

It's simply building our OWN farms from scratch, which can be pretty fun.

Your point about modders don't want to do anything for whiners. I understand, and my answer is, don't do it lol.

Let Giants do it, and put out mass packs every month in the PS and Xbox stores, some can be free, or paid dlc or what not. Animal packs with hay bailers and the like, or packs for grain farming, lumber, maps, etc. And we buy what we want, and don't what we don't.

All these modders are doing, is Giants work for them, and in the end, Giants have to approve them anyway. And if they're via DLC, it's not taking up "disc space".

So, from the console world of it, these aren''t "mods" anyway (you're not changing a current model into something different), but add ons, that trickle a few at a time, and take up space.

So, i'm not looking to derride this fellas thread, He wants Rolling Hills on Console. I want NW Texas,. II think we're all whistling in the wind, and many of us too busy this time of season to waste more time asking for things, and even having to beg, for things that will never come.

On Monday (when Giants may be reading), i'll post a thread asking for the Template idea. If i get that, my own problems here are solved. Thank you for the response.