DEF

DirectCedar

Re: DEF

Post by DirectCedar »

Why don't we simulate the tractor going into limp-home mode when the sensor in the DEF tank flakes and it thinks it's empty, or when the tank heater quits working and the DEF freezes, or when the reburn cycle fritzes and leaves you stranded? That'll be fun :sadnew: :lol:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:49 pm So is a lot of stuff...
:lol: Exactly, like everything else the tractor uses or is made of.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Are we talking about ad blue i have that in my transit van as far as i can tell its just water that turns any gases in my exhaust to a liquid it cost me about £10 for 5 litres which lasts about 3 months
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Stevo0114 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:25 pm Are we talking about ad blue i have that in my transit van as far as i can tell its just water that turns any gases in my exhaust to a liquid it cost me about £10 for 5 litres which lasts about 3 months
Adblue is a trademarked brand name of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF). It is an aqueous urea solution - nitrogen fertilizer dissolved in water. It is injected in to the exhaust stream of diesel engines where the urea decomposes into ammonia, which binds with the nitrogen oxides in diesel exhaust to convert them to molecular nitrogen plus carbon dioxide. Nitrogen oxides degrade the ozone layer, and are very powerful greenhouse gases, hence why their emission is regulated.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Cool thanks for that very informative post makes a lot of sence
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Did I not read somewhere a while back about seasons bringing DEF capability?

I could be mistaken but just wondering if anybody knows what happened with that.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The DEF is filled up when you fuel your tractor. It is there but there is no meter for it in game.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

redglasses wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:11 am The DEF is filled up when you fuel your tractor. It is there but there is no meter for it in game.
Right, that was the explanation from giants as far as I know. But I thought seasons was adding an actual meter. But perhaps I misread.
Eldaviido

Post by Eldaviido »

This is my first post so not entirely sure if this is where this belongs but here goes: I've got the DEF mod, however, the DEF canisters don't work with my vehicle mods. The DEF filling pump does but for some reason the canisters don't. Oh, and the canisters do work with the vanilla tractors. Can anyone help?!
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

In my case I have to turn off the tractor.
Put the canister next to the tractor and press R.

If you leave the engine running the tractor will keep filling until the canister is empty.

However the mod is a bit buggy.
Every time I start the game I get a refill Def popup in the help menu (F1) even if the tractor does not use def.
I get out press R once and it's gone.

Dunno if this helps but just telling you my experience with it :)
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

All I know is DEF lasts in tractors when using this mod long enough to be doing field work across the map without the pickup and fuel/DEF tender nearby.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Yes that is true.

I can do a few crops on a single def tank but still you need to refill it eventually :D
On an Asus RoG laptop.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

duncan_101 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:42 pm Yes that is true.

I can do a few crops on a single def tank but still you need to refill it eventually :D
Doesn’t help when I can put a dozen hours onto a planter tractor and 2 dozen onto a combine in a year... fuel burn is ludicrous.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It goes off machine hours, and it’s pretty accurate
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:36 pm
duncan_101 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:42 pm Yes that is true.

Doesn’t help when I can put a dozen hours onto a planter tractor and 2 dozen onto a combine in a year... fuel burn is ludicrous.
fair enough ... it's a bit more arcade then it should be there but hey ho ... could be worse :mrgreen:
On an Asus RoG laptop.