cheat money at developer console

OliSim

cheat money at developer console

Post by OliSim »

I have problems how i can cheat money with console developer?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Gicko

Re: cheat money at developer console

Post by Gicko »

How can i Start the dev console?
Max©

Post by Max© »

Hey OliSim, you need to set a Command Line Parameter to the shortcut from you're FarmingSimulator19.exe with the extension -cheats, after that you can cheat money ingame with "gsCheatMoney"

@Gicko, you need to edit the game.xml under Documents\MyGames\FarmingSimulator19 and change

Code: Select all

<logging>
        <file enable="true" filename="log.txt"/>
 	<console enable="false"/>
 </logging>
 <development>
        <controls>false</controls>
 </development>
to

<logging>
        <file enable="true" filename="log.txt"/>
 	<console enable="true"/>
 </logging>
 <development>
        <controls>true</controls>
 </development>
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

Max© wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:26 am Hey OliSim, you need to set a Command Line Parameter to the shortcut from you're FarmingSimulator19.exe with the extension -cheats, after that you can cheat money ingame with "gsCheatMoney"
how would this command look like, can you post an example here, or send me a PM please
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Ghiby wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:11 am how would this command look like, can you post an example here, or send me a PM please
For creating the shortcut or Steam path: viewtopic.php?t=155155#p1208968

To access the developer console in game press the ` button once to show the live log and twice to be able to type commands. On English keyboards this is the key to the left of the number 1 key and under the Escape key.

The command for cheating money is

gsCheatMoney
to add £/€/$1,000,000

or

gsCheatMoney 1000
to add £1,000 for example (change the number for a value you want obviously).

Negative values work too, so

gsCheatMoney -1000
for example would remove £1,000.

But the above will only work if you have enabled the developer console and enabled cheats in the game shortcut.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Easy development controls is far easier imo and no need to change anything, just install the mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Guil wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:11 pm Easy development controls is far easier imo and no need to change anything, just install the mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Was about too say the same, a very handy mod for getting setup
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I forgot about that mod (and I use it myself!), but it's worth keeping the old method in mind too as when FS22 and future games are released Easy Development Controls won't exist for a while afterwards (if GtX even converts it across at all) and I'm not sure if it covers every console command.

Easy Development Controls is definitely the easiest way to adjust money though of course.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

And until the Console Commands and Executable Extensions and Settings Edits needed for FS22 are released and made public, the easiest way to adjust money will still be editing your save files career/farm xml file.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

"Cheating" money in on a map is something I have never done, but now I am curious, is this standard practice for some farmers?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:20 am "Cheating" money in on a map is something I have never done, but now I am curious, is this standard practice for some farmers?
Yeah, cheating money in to get going is a pretty common thing for me, what I consider small farming is much bigger than what the game does. I just do it to start up the farm I want to begin with and that’s it though
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:20 am "Cheating" money in on a map is something I have never done, but now I am curious, is this standard practice for some farmers?
When setting up a save either in Single Player or Multiplayer it can be useful to get you the fields and equipment you want to start with. As an example I like starting saves in New Farmer so get all the buildings and initial fleet of equipment. However this then only leaves you with 100,000 free cash which doesn’t let you buy more fields to increase your starting amount. Yes I could start in Farm Manager or Start from Scratch to have more cash at start but then you lose the farm setup and the initial starting equipment. So I start in New Farmer, edit the cash and then can do a hybrid start where I can have the farm, have the basic equipment but have more then 1 field to work from the off.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I regularly use it for testing mods, but on savegames it's usually the opposite - removing money. Selling the starting equipment, buying my own, usually small and old stuff, then often needing to adjust the money down so I start with around £20,000-30,000.
Eische

Post by Eische »

I also like to "cheat" money (adding or removing) at starting a farm.
Most of the time the modders idea on how to start on his map and my own idea does not align:
- wrong/incomplete equipment setup
- too less owned field area
- sometimes initial farm setup

Back in FS17 one important factor for a map to be Seasons-ready was to have much more fields (area) owned at start. I really hate the starting grind on tiny fields. Depending on map and how I want to play on it, minimum starting field area for me is 10 hectares using 3-4m equipment.

I also really like to use different starting setups. Not only equipment-wise. Sometimes I like to start out on an already running diary farm for example. Setting up the farm, filling the pens, ... excessive leftover money is removed once I'm ready start.

I also did a start from nearly nothing on Newlin,TX. Think of it like starting with an old farmhouse and abandoned empty land (no fields created yet).
Area was about 300 hectares. I started buying a midsized tractor, plow, seeder, cultivator and trailer to create/setup the first fields. Harvesting was done by a contractor (leased equipment).

Just two examples showing to not be restricted by a given map starting config.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

This is interesting, so the general idea is to cheat money in so you can buy whatever equipment and fields you want? I know we all play the game differently and that is one of the things I love about the game! But if you cheat money in to buy what you want then what's left to do? For me a map is over when I have made enough money that I can buy whatever I want and whatever fields I want.

When is a map done for you if you cheat all the money in?