Finishing a contract job but only gives 98% progress

brandycorley

Finishing a contract job but only gives 98% progress

Post by brandycorley »

My son and I are both having trouble with completing our contracts. I spent hours this afternoon harvesting a field. It was harvested completely and all of the wheat taken to the Ranch. It will only give me 98% progress. What are we doing wrong?
Weasle

Re: Finishing a contract job but only gives 98% progress

Post by Weasle »

It has happened to me a couple of times.

Basically I think weeds popping into the crops reduces the yield enough to not have enough for the mission. I think that is what is going on anyway.

It stinks, just have to lose your progress and try again, on a different mission.
brandycorley

Post by brandycorley »

But the contract is to complete a field, not a certain yield.....right???
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

It would pay to have a small reserve of your own to top up the trailer for contracts like this like this. Any escess you supply you get paid for anyway. There are free to use silos on the maps that you could put say 5000L of each crop into to draw on should the need arise. I've put 300 hours into the game and never been that unlucky yet, but I did tip some barley at the wrong place for a contract one day and was glad I had enough barley in reserve.

What we think happens is the amount needed to complete the contract is calculated from the fields yield when you accept the contract. Then before you complete the contract, weeds come along and reduce the yield available to a level below that target.
Last edited by PoggleBox on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
brandycorley

Post by brandycorley »

So I should take some of my wheat in my silo and take it to the Ranch to fulfill the contract???
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Yes that would work.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
brandycorley

Post by brandycorley »

It did! Thank you!!
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Cool I thought about doing that, but was not sure it would work.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Also if you are transporting goods by train for a contract, don’t leave the train while you are unloading, it seems to stop registering it toward the contract.
c171

Post by c171 »

I had that with a potato crop. it got to 98%, i noticed that there were a couple of really small lines in the field that had not been harvested, i went back and did that, but it was still saying 98% complete. I ended up having to abort the misson as i did not have any reserve potato of my own, it cost me $14,000 to abort!!!!! (the mission was for $27,000). :hmm: i ended up going to a save game backup and aborting the misson earlier, it cost me $0 then.