Season Pass Price Wrong ?

Elochai

Season Pass Price Wrong ?

Post by Elochai »

I pre-ordered Farming Simulator 19 and never had the option to get a version that comes with the season pass. Just installed the game on PS4 and in the PS4 store I can buy the season pass now.

Only thing is, the season pass is price the same as the game at $66.99 Canadian :confusednew: . Is that right, are you guys at Giant really billing the game price for the season pass, if so that’s asking a bit much as your asking us to rebuy the game really.
ace54858

Re: Season Pass Price Wrong ?

Post by ace54858 »

ya it's the same price as the game here in the usa as well which is $49.99
Elochai

Post by Elochai »

Yeah that’s a ridiculous price for a season pass, especially when you don’t know what content will come out or how much it will cost.

I notice on steam that there no season pass to buy for PC. It’s also cheaper on PC then PS4 as steam uses North America as one price. So 49.99 USD is 49.99 CAD. But I bought it for PS4 as I enjoy it more on console.

So seeing it not showing up on PC for me, is it safe to say that this is a mistake? Usually seasons passes are cheaper then the game.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The season pass is just for consoles, same as in 17. Not sure what the reasoning is behind it, but they don't offer one on PC...
PC gamer.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's a console thing
Elochai

Post by Elochai »

Ah, I see. But being the same price as the game. I enjoyed 17 and was able to get it with the pass when it came out for a reasonable price.

I guess I won’t be getting the DLC’s when they come out unless the pass for 19 gets discounted or changed to an affordable price. Right now as it stands, your talking about $133.98 for the game and pass :shock:.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Gouging the customers as much as possible now. By 21, the competition will be much further along.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Juls

Post by Juls »

What the heck does a season pass do?
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Juls wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 pm What the heck does a season pass do?
it like buying all the dlc's before there released so when they come out you get them free and end up saving some money vs. buy each one on it's own when there released. so guess you could say it's like pre-ordering the DLC's in a way as well.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Season pass gets you the other half of the game, the completed game, but spaced out over several months.
On release day, you get half the game, then through out the following months you slowly get the rest of the game in the form of dlc. In the end, you will have paid for the same game twice.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:19 pm
Season pass gets you the other half of the game, the completed game, but spaced out over several months.
On release day, you get half the game, then through out the following months you slowly get the rest of the game in the form of dlc. In the end, you will have paid for the same game twice.
No that would be an EA game...

The DLC's from Giants are extra content. Most of the bugs have been fixed and the game is much better than 17 now with the terrain editor feature. Only thing missing is some of the really good script mods.
PC gamer.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The game is complete. Just because it doesn’t have the greenhouses in that you mention regularly on multiple threads,it is a complete game. 😂🤣😂

DLCs are extra content created by giants.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Maybe the price will be justified by a lot of DLCs or a really big DLC in the near future. If it's like any other season pass you get the DLC cheaper with seasons pass than you do without so if the seasons pass is basically the same price as the game itself then that more in likely means there is going to be quite a few DLCs released that would top the price of the game if you didn't buy the pass.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Elochai

Post by Elochai »

Michael5941 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm Maybe the price will be justified by a lot of DLCs or a really big DLC in the near future. If it's like any other season pass you get the DLC cheaper with seasons pass than you do without so if the seasons pass is basically the same price as the game itself then that more in likely means there is going to be quite a few DLCs released that would top the price of the game if you didn't buy the pass.
Sometimes this isn’t true to the case.

Season passes are used more like funding to make content. Doesn’t mean the content that comes out will be justified by the price or a lot of content.

I’ve seen this go both ways. Games that released content that wasn’t worth the cost, and didn’t add much; too games that put out a lot of content and increased the price of the season pass for each DLC they released.

Thing is, They’re not gonna take away the option to buy the season pass. So if they’re going to change $67 for it (same price as the game here in Canada). Then no I’m not going to be paying it, I’ll wait for it to go on sale, or I’ll buy a cheap code for it. I’m sorry but I can’t support a price hike that high for a season pass. And when the game started pre-orders there should of been an option for pre-ordering the game with the season pass included as a deal which they didn’t offer.

Maybe that extra money they’re are billing for the season pass is to cover the cost of the Farming Simulator baseball hat they gave out for preorders ???

Anyone want to buy a Farming Simulator baseball hat for $67 CAD + shipping ? I’ll sell you mine.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:12 pm
The game is complete. Just because it doesn’t have the greenhouses in that you mention regularly on multiple threads,it is a complete game. 😂🤣😂

DLCs are extra content created by giants.
Enjoy your game. *thumbsup*
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada