Cotton bale moving

BreadedVirus

Cotton bale moving

Post by BreadedVirus »

Are in game bale trailers able to taken cotton bales and strap them down? Moving 2 bales at a time seems kinda tedious.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Electsilver8

Re: Cotton bale moving

Post by Electsilver8 »

I'm on pc and I've been using a gooseneck trailer attached to a semi, cant strap them down though but if you're careful enough, you won't have any problems hauling them. I moved 5 at once the other day.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Electsilver8 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:20 am I'm on pc and I've been using a gooseneck trailer attached to a semi, cant strap them down though but if you're careful enough, you won't have any problems hauling them. I moved 5 at once the other day.
Sweet, i will go buy one. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

If you don't mind a minor cheat, there's a autoloader that will hold 20. I'm not sure where to find it, I just saw a video of it. There's also a cotton harvester that will create 40kl bales so that there are fewer of them. Both cheats, of course, but play the game your way.
Playing on PC
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

In Ravenport I managed to transport 5 bales with the big bale trailer, I just put them sideways. Wouldn't try that in Felsbrunn though.
farmingsimulator19

Post by farmingsimulator19 »

What are you guys using to pick up the cotton bales to put on the trailer?

I did cotton a few weeks ago and I used to be able to spear them with the pallet forks on the high loader but now I can't do anything to them. They are ridged and can't be clipped through or spiked by any attachment in the game.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

I was using a telehandler. Also, I've got a harvester mod that has a working speed of 30 and can make a bake of 200k. My favorite mod so far.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

"If you don't mind a minor cheat, there's a autoloader that will hold 20. I'm not sure where to find it, I just saw a video of it."
It's a New Holland trailer. downloaded it earlier and it throws a bunch of errors. I'm trying to fix now, but getting frustrated
allstops

Post by allstops »

It's cotton harvesting season right now down here in AZ and I have been watching the cotton fields as I drive by them. I have made three observations over the last month or so as they have been getting harvested:

1. They are producing a lot more cotton modules than a field in FS19 produces. I was thinking about stopping by and taking a picture but there is a module roughly every 4 rows that the cotton picker goes. They are laid out around the perimeter of the field with just enough room for the module builders to drop them off before moving on.

2. Most of the harvesting I have seen out here is a cotton picker, that offloads into trailer driving next to it (similar to sugarcane harvesting in FS) which then takes the cotton to a module builder which is a goofy looking truck thing that makes the modules (the big bales) on the bottom side and poops them out the bottom before moving to it's next stop to make another module. I wonder if this would be a cheaper way to harvest cotton (from an equipment investment) if FS19 had this equipment.

3. Something I have started seeing this year is round cotton modules, haven't seen one made yet but I see the results. They look very neat all wrapped in yellow plastic on the side of the field. It looks like that method allows them to make different sizes depending on how much cotton they have harvested. I have seen sever places where there are 4 or 5 roughly equal sized bales and then one about 2/3 the size or less next to it. They look like round straw bales but they are significantly larger.

As for hauling the modules, the trucks I have always seen look exactly like the semi trailer in FS19 except that the bale collector is on the truck chassis (no trailer) and they carry 2 modules. The same trucks seem to be able to load the round modules I see as I have seen them being hauled in the same trucks. One point of realism that I feel FS19 is missing in the cotton module production is that as soon as a module is produced it gets covered with a tarp, I wish that tarp was on the modules when they come out of the picker just to add that little aspect of realism.

I was pretty excited when cotton came to the game as being in AZ, the land of the 5 C's (Cotton, Copper, Citrus, Cattle, Climate) cotton is the major crop in the state. It's too bad it is such a massive investment to get going in FS19. For the first 30 hours of game play or so, that was the only crop I could produce as I sunk my 1.2m starting money into all the equipment to run the operation as cotton and then my first field wouldn't even produce a single module.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

Not sure about the rest, but the round cotton bales are made by John Deere machines. Maybe we can get them as a mod or DLC later.

We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
crash

Post by crash »

this is pretty cool, shows off the whole prosess of the harvest. And yes, there is a lot of bales/modules :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLB74SnujMk&t=46s
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I'm all for increased diversity/options when it comes to any one process in-game. I believe there is sufficient diversity out there for Cotton to warrant some alternative options. Very interested in cotton pickers, where you have to transport the loose cotton to a separate module builder, as well as the balers (easier handling?). Might be a good opportunity to introduce an element of progression into cotton farming, starting with a picker, then working up to either the existing CASE module builder or a JD Baler, each having pros/cons (larger capacity modules at the expense of handling, v/v for bales?).

At least with sugarCane, you could start with the small trailed harvester and work up to the larger self-propelled one.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I didn’t know they grew cotton out in Arizona, I’m from the south where cotton used to be king but it’s being replaced where I am by rice and soybeans largely though some still grow it, honestly I think that cotton doesn’t pay as much as it should or yield as much as it should but that’s just me
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I use the goldhoffer, stack them across the trailer and can get 12 or so on it. No straps, so you have to drive cautiously.
Sgt_UberGrunt

Post by Sgt_UberGrunt »

allstops wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:48 pm It's cotton harvesting season right now down here in AZ and I have been watching the cotton fields as I drive by them. I have made three observations over the last month or so as they have been getting harvested:

1. They are producing a lot more cotton modules than a field in FS19 produces. I was thinking about stopping by and taking a picture but there is a module roughly every 4 rows that the cotton picker goes. They are laid out around the perimeter of the field with just enough room for the module builders to drop them off before moving on.

2. Most of the harvesting I have seen out here is a cotton picker, that offloads into trailer driving next to it (similar to sugarcane harvesting in FS) which then takes the cotton to a module builder which is a goofy looking truck thing that makes the modules (the big bales) on the bottom side and poops them out the bottom before moving to it's next stop to make another module. I wonder if this would be a cheaper way to harvest cotton (from an equipment investment) if FS19 had this equipment.

3. Something I have started seeing this year is round cotton modules, haven't seen one made yet but I see the results. They look very neat all wrapped in yellow plastic on the side of the field. It looks like that method allows them to make different sizes depending on how much cotton they have harvested. I have seen sever places where there are 4 or 5 roughly equal sized bales and then one about 2/3 the size or less next to it. They look like round straw bales but they are significantly larger.

As for hauling the modules, the trucks I have always seen look exactly like the semi trailer in FS19 except that the bale collector is on the truck chassis (no trailer) and they carry 2 modules. The same trucks seem to be able to load the round modules I see as I have seen them being hauled in the same trucks. One point of realism that I feel FS19 is missing in the cotton module production is that as soon as a module is produced it gets covered with a tarp, I wish that tarp was on the modules when they come out of the picker just to add that little aspect of realism.

I was pretty excited when cotton came to the game as being in AZ, the land of the 5 C's (Cotton, Copper, Citrus, Cattle, Climate) cotton is the major crop in the state. It's too bad it is such a massive investment to get going in FS19. For the first 30 hours of game play or so, that was the only crop I could produce as I sunk my 1.2m starting money into all the equipment to run the operation as cotton and then my first field wouldn't even produce a single module.

One must keep in mind that those cotton fields where a module is made every 4 passes of the harvester are absolutely massive. A normal field in real agricultural operations is about the size of almost every field on Ravenport COMBINED. So getting less than a module on a small field is very likely. Also there is massive difference in production yields between dryland and Irrigated cotton, so without Irrigation tech in FS19, the crops are being grow dryland and thus the yield will be significantly lower...i find the yeild to be a bit lower than IRL but not by as much as you might think.