Why was Forestry nerfed?

Arrancar88

Why was Forestry nerfed?

Post by Arrancar88 »

This nerf does not make any sense.
For comparison in FS17 I was getting 8-12k € per tree(cutted to 1 m pieces) on easy, when I sold it through HE 700 StA(placeable woodchipper), in FS19(easy eco. setting) I am getting 400-600 €. There is literally no point in doing forestry unless you want to get rid of the trees.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Beastbubba

Re: Why was Forestry nerfed?

Post by Beastbubba »

Because it paid to much...
PC gamer.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

But the nerf is huge, just like wool.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Everything in 17 paid too much. Was too easy to make money. Have to work harder now !
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

If you want to make easy money try cotton on easy economy setting - a true money spinner .
Redd

Post by Redd »

I have no issue's making money. Try Flipping, Selling Horses at 100 % (50k per horse), Cotten. Thats how i make my money. Cotten got buffed big time in 1.2.0.1

For the horses just have the mod where it trains the horses for you.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Nobody knew or cared that woodchips paid to much because it was a pain in the butt. Along came a mod and everyone threw whole trees on a hooklift pad that put woodchips in a modded trailer that stockpiled in the modded silo. Call it progress but in the end of FS17 woodchips was a easy way to make money without heavily investing in the usual logging stuff. Game was balanced around mods and we dont have the mods yet.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Woodchips are not only nerfed, but bugged too. Too lazy to search but there was/is a thread here in the forum that compares woodchips to solid logs. The conclusion is, that solig logs are paid better than woodchips and you get the most profit out of 10m long logs, so you should try that method. The bug is, that you need more (expensive) equipment to create wood chips compared to logs.
I didn't test it but back in FS17 the stationary wood chipper paid worse than selling woodchips made with one of the mobile chipper, so if you like to continue doing that kind of business you should switch to the mobile ones.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

juf.de wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:11 pm Woodchips are not only nerfed, but bugged too. Too lazy to search but there was/is a thread here in the forum that compares woodchips to solid logs. The conclusion is, that solig logs are paid better than woodchips and you get the most profit out of 10m long logs, so you should try that method. The bug is, that you need more (expensive) equipment to create wood chips compared to logs.
I didn't test it but back in FS17 the stationary wood chipper paid worse than selling woodchips made with one of the mobile chipper, so if you like to continue doing that kind of business you should switch to the mobile ones.
This is not a bug...

Long straight logs should be worth more than the wood chips you could grind them into... Woodchips are a byproduct of logging and wood work, not the goal...
PC gamer.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

In real life maybe but this is a game and if you have a look at the other fruittypes you will see, that those which require more expensive machinery also reward the player with a better price per worked area. So i will stay by may word that forestry is bugged.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

In real life there's really no money in chipping. Grade logs are worth way more than chips ever will be so it's not a bug. And if it was the other way around everybody would complain that it's not accurate and this is supposed to be a sim and ect ect
XBOX/ FS22
W1der

Post by W1der »

I usually make chips out of the ”scrap wood” that would not make me any real profit if sold as logs ... as these should pay less as logs it should pay more as chips ...

Not sure if the game is balanced like that ... but that is how I go about it!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Psistorm

Post by Psistorm »

Agreed, chips ingame should be worth more. Because right now wood chips require an extra investment and extra work steps, and from a game balance standpoint it would make no sense to punish the player for putting in extra effort. Haven't even done much forestry yet, but it feels like until the money has been fixed, I won't either, since its not worth bothering with those prices, especially since our server runs on hard.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I think this perfectly describes FS19. They decided to cherry pick real life data with the in game economy and really didn't account for its effects. FS19 is full of these issues from the place able system to land prices. It simply made the game into maxing loan and rotating two beans.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just made a test ...

I wanted to try my theory ... sadly it did not turn out the way I expected.

I would expect a twig like this (scrap wood) to be less worth as a "log" and more worth as chips.
(It would make sense to sell the thicker parts of the tree as entire logs and chip the scrap wood!)
Turns out it is worth 64 dollars (which is insane BTW) as a log and only 12 as chips ... :neutralnew:

The actual issue here is that the scrap wood is worth to much!?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5