Fs19 machine sounds.

Eggski

Fs19 machine sounds.

Post by Eggski »

It can't just be me that thinks the machine sounds are simply dreadful?

The tractors excellerating sound like the clutch is dragging, they sound nothing like that irl.
Farming the proper way, on PC.
Weasle

Re: Fs19 machine sounds.

Post by Weasle »

There has been a lot of threads about this, but I really think the sounds are here to stay the way they are now, unfortunately.
MattFendt939

Post by MattFendt939 »

This is so frustrating. The engines either sit at idle or rev flat out. There's no sense of the engine working under load, it just sounds like the clutch is slipping until you get up to top speed. Even tractors that were in FS17 have been changed to sound like this. Madness.
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

I don't like the sound when the engine goes from idle to flat out or the other way either. It should be pretty seamless so to speak but lots of times it sounds real cheap. Like, the pitch of the sound is rising like someone is playing it on a keyboard (the music instrument). 17 isn't like that at all... :confusednew:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

They do sound pretty close to the way CVT gearboxes work though, in cars at least. My understanding is that the engine revs stay pretty consistent and the gearbox adjusts to get the real speed

Drove a car with a CVT gearbox once, it drove me insane. Not sure if all tractors use this type of gearbox or traditional automatics though.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Hopefully the engine sound design is what it is based on the fact that GIANTS are still working on some kind of gearbox feature for the game (obviously not finished on release date).

I think what we are missing is the sound of ”range switching” ... !?

Also ... I have set my sensitivity on my gaspedal down to 1% in logitech settings.

If i only press the pedal slightly the engine wont rev up as much (still accelerating though) as it does when I press the pedal ”harder” ...
This makes for more realistic sound / driving behaviour!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

That does make sense about the sensitivity, the driving was changed in 19 and even the controllers are more sensitive when it comes to acceleration and braking.

In fs17 they were almost like on/off switches, in 19 you can be a lot more gradual. Even managed to follow a harvester at 6mph with cruise which I never managed in 17. And it does make the engines sound better.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Ya the sounds a brutal. Its too bad they couldn't get gearbox to work. It's funny when looking in the cab and seeing it has a PowerShift transmission and then listening to it accelerate like a CVT lmao
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

True CVT boxes sound nothing like it, its awful and at the moment I just cant play it.
Farming the proper way, on PC.
yourex4

Post by yourex4 »

I agree with all of you. No one said anything about equipment attached to tracktor. For example tracktor with a baler sound so bad. Like the engine gonna pop out in a second. Overall i hate fs19 machine sounds, ive turned them down to 20% cuz with time you just get a headache. Sorry giants but you should try and play your game for 5 hours straight maybe then you will realize what are we talking about here...giants?...hello anybody from giants reading this?
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

If they truly sounded like CVT then fine. But as it is, the throttle idles, then races, then idles again, it just sounds silly. Plus, I appreciate the sound of the engine slowly accelerating through the rpm range like it did in FS17. For the sake of gameplay, it would be much better to have the traditional engine revs, since we don’t have any shifting to do anyway. The actual engine sounds are better, but the way they are implemented is poor. Wishing for FS17 throttle movement to return.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
W1der

Post by W1der »

Someone seems to be working on a mod ... not sure exactly as I found this in a German topic on the forum ... :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=955&t=131057&start=300

Listen to this!

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Eggski wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 pm True CVT boxes sound nothing like it, its awful and at the moment I just cant play it.
I completely agree with you.

Having worked and still do around agricultural equipment on a regular basis, FS19 engine sounds are worse than 17 engine sound did.

I know one of GIANTS staff mentioned about it being something to do with the phyiscs. So possibly the cause is due to the "gearbox" feature they mentioned pre-release not being added.

Either way it NEEDS to be improved. My worry is GIANTS won't or they will listen to players saying its fine.

Sound is a massive part of making a game feel immersive... the more immersive the more you play it, the more you enjoy it the more you still buy the DLCs when they come out and buy the next game of the series.

It has always surprised me how badly GIANTS seem to get the sounds in Farm Sim considering that driving and engine sound is a large majority of the game.

There has been some improvement, but to see such a backward step in FS19 is so frustrating and disappointing.

Here's hoping they do improve it and actually make it sound something close to the real thing.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I just wish I could still hear the machines when I zoom out to see that I am still working the area I want. I'm constantly adjusting the TV volume. yet somehow the birds and coyotes can be hear over the machine.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

how easy would it be to put the engine sounds right? I hate them too