Just disappointed

Weasle

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Weasle »

So, I discovered something on the American map that makes me like Felsbrunn even more.

Has anyone walked down to the beach? Isn't that a bit much for the trash on the beach? It looks like a garbage truck has flipped over. I know we have some trashy beaches where even raw sewage is dumped from ships gross, but giant hefty bags of trash on the beach? Come on now.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

No its not unproductive, its constructive criticism. We paid good money for an inferior product and aren't happy. How will changes be made if the producers aren't aware of problems. If they listened to the consumers earlier, they might have put a better product out to begin with. The fact they rely on modders to put out as much content as they do is crazy. What other business relies on customers doing half the work? I don't go to a restaurant and cook my own food.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Deereslayer.......U - pick vegetables and orchards do

You don't have to buy what is on the lot, you can order a new vehicle if you like.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Yeah I know, just being a smart xxx
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 am My point is you can only get whats available for that vehicle. You cant just order whatever you want.
That's completely untrue! Not only can you completely customize what bells and whistles come on the new vehicle you are purchasing but tons of dealerships will include, for the right price, a bunch of aftermarket options. Things like rims, paint, tint for windows, the list goes on. I worked at a dodge dealership while I was in college.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:34 am But you can still only get whats available for that vehicle. You cant go get a new dodge with a duramax just because you want it
Ok if you wanna believe that, go ahead.
I know for a fact that we resprayed cars with colors that weren't available for certain models amongst other aftermarket options.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 am
well think of it this way. If you want to buy a new vehicle you dont go to a car dealership and say I want the motor from this car, the transmision from that car, the front fenders from that other car and then the back of that truck over there. No, you go to the lot and you buy what they have with what options are available. If you want any other changes you have to go to an aftermarket source after you've bought the vehicle.

This game is the same way. Giants produces their game, their way. They ALLOW it to be added to by aftermarket sources. The dont have to allow it but they do. Its impossible for Giants to fill every request of every player out there. Be happy with what they gave you and look forward to whats yet to come. I honestly wonder if there would be this much moaning if consoles weren't given any mods in 17.
Let's back up a bit...if you dont like the moaning, dont read it. Criticism has as much right to be posted as praise...and quite frankly, is much more warranted

If Giants wasn't SOOO generous with their inclusion of mods or mods to consoles, they wouldn't be selling nearly as many games as they are. They do this to make money, not because of their generous nature.

What Giants SOLD was a piece of stuff. They didn't GIVE anyone anything. What is yet to come just happens to cost more money (season pass) and no one knows what that will be. Let's not pretend that Giants is some sort of charitable organization that is in this for our benefit. After the past couple releases not living up to potential, they are at best a scam operation.

Therefore, its Giants that should be thankful.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Cotton bales floating in mid air, cultivators that wont fold, or flip your tractor when they do, AI that can't handle anything but a square/rectangle field, (which is maybe half of em) and terrible trigger points. Forget mods, they need to make the base game playable first...... then add all those damn mods that made FS17 the best FS so far. I'd give my left kidney for a pig food silo.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

adammac5858 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:16 pm Cotton bales floating in mid air, cultivators that wont fold, or flip your tractor when they do, AI that can't handle anything but a square/rectangle field, (which is maybe half of em) and terrible trigger points. Forget mods, they need to make the base game playable first...... then add all those damn mods that made FS17 the best FS so far. I'd give my left kidney for a pig food silo.
I agree with everything except the kidney.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

In order for me to spend any more$$, they better bring out some pretty good stuff, maps placeables and so on. Otherwise this will be the end of the FS series for me. This game has so much potential and they just got lazy and complacent with this release. Giants needs to employ some of the modders, those guys know what they are doing.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Deereslayer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:51 pm In order for me to spend any more$$, they better bring out some pretty good stuff, maps placeables and so on. Otherwise this will be the end of the FS series for me. This game has so much potential and they just got lazy and complacent with this release. Giants needs to employ some of the modders, those guys know what they are doing.
EXACTLY! Think of it as we are trying to help them by complaining about how this game needs work. FS19 has a stuff load of potential! And allowing modders, who are talented as hell from what I have seen online, let them make this game awesome
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 pm
Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:03 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
Exactly
But the end result is that the player presses a button, and the tractor starts to follow you. Therefore the idea is exactly the same.

Like I said, it’s a vague area. Or it could possibly not be an issue at all, I’m not a lawyer so wouldn’t have a clue. Just a thought.
They could add it themselves if they knew how or cared. if an "idea" was protected, there'd only be one farming game, one city building game...
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 am
Deereslayer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 am No its not unproductive, its constructive criticism. We paid good money for an inferior product and aren't happy. How will changes be made if the producers aren't aware of problems. If they listened to the consumers earlier, they might have put a better product out to begin with. The fact they rely on modders to put out as much content as they do is crazy. What other business relies on customers doing half the work? I don't go to a restaurant and cook my own food.
well think of it this way. If you want to buy a new vehicle you dont go to a car dealership and say I want the motor from this car, the transmision from that car, the front fenders from that other car and then the back of that truck over there. No, you go to the lot and you buy what they have with what options are available. If you want any other changes you have to go to an aftermarket source after you've bought the vehicle.

This game is the same way. Giants produces their game, their way. They ALLOW it to be added to by aftermarket sources. The dont have to allow it but they do. Its impossible for Giants to fill every request of every player out there. Be happy with what they gave you and look forward to whats yet to come. I honestly wonder if there would be this much moaning if consoles weren't given any mods in 17.
hahaha compare giants to a car sales person. It's perfect though. They over charge you for pretty much the same model as last year.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

just popping in for a sec....I see nothing has changed here... later

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

bye.. don't come back...