Just disappointed

Deereslayer

Just disappointed

Post by Deereslayer »

Having played for over 35 hours, I'm just disappointed in 19. American map is just blah, nice scenery but what is it do as far as farming? Just wasted space. Money system is better, but not great. Equipment is ok, but the introduction of John Deere has been disappointing. A Few tractors and combines but no other equipment. Losing a ton of the modded placeables from 17 that should be base game is questionable. And then no seasons, really bad move in my opinion. A game that was 2 years in development, this is a huge step back.

I just can't bring myself to play it right now. I want to but just don't feel it because of what I had at the end of 17. Hopefully mods come out to bring me back, but not sure it will. Had the highest of hopes for this game, but just ain't feeling it right now.
PoggleBox

Re: Just disappointed

Post by PoggleBox »

Sorry to hear you feel that way about the game. It's what you get used to I suppose. I'm really enjoying (349 hours) the vanilla game with a few equipment mods but nothing that cheats my workflow. I got bored a bit around the 60-hour mark but then decided to up the roleplay attitude and only do the less boring stuff most of the time. I'm looking forward to the new seasons mod. And will try other mods probably but nothing that's solely designed to get rich quick. There's no point in that for me.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

gilroy222 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...
I will agree with this comment. The mods turned a good game into a great game. I think the basics (once they get the bugs fixed) to 19 is way better than 17. Once we see some Mod maps (albeit, Ravenport is really growing on me. Terraforming goes a long way!), this game will be really good. Modders will have mods to fix a lot of issues to make game play a better overall experience. DLC's will make the game better. I came in around April of '18 so I had all the maps and dlc's without having to wait. So, a little patience will go along way.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:27 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...
I will agree with this comment. The mods turned a good game into a great game. I think the basics (once they get the bugs fixed) to 19 is way better than 17. Once we see some Mod maps (albeit, Ravenport is really growing on me. Terraforming goes a long way!), this game will be really good. Modders will have mods to fix a lot of issues to make game play a better overall experience. DLC's will make the game better. I came in around April of '18 so I had all the maps and dlc's without having to wait. So, a little patience will go along way.
I get this. Both sides. I cannot for the life of me figure out how Giants can develop something as game changing as the landscaping feature...but cannot incorporate things like FollowMe or AutoCombine. I am yet to anyone actually explain why Giants chooses not to simply incorporate some of the script mods that become the backbone of the game. Seasons is a big mod, changes game play, etc. Would be awesome, but really if they cannot get some of the easier ones done...
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

i'm coming from 15, and i'm really enjoying the game. it's now in my Steam top 5 most played games, and i'm confident it will reach the n°1 position very soon. i never tried the seasons mod, but i don't miss any season system in game. i'm having lot of fun.
but OP paradoxically your thread is the kind of thread why the game may be released eventually in 2 years, instead of a more logical longer period. and thus will make you be disappointed to have to convert all your placeables again. mods add fun to the game, but don't forget that if you can mod the game, it's because Giants allows you to. i know lot of great games, that you can't mod, even in your wildest dreams.
i'm really loving the game, and i hope next sequel won't come before 3 or 4 years. i'm not missing anything so far. i mean i'm having so much fun with that game right now
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

ilovetrains wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm I get this. Both sides. I cannot for the life of me figure out how Giants can develop something as game changing as the landscaping feature...but cannot incorporate things like FollowMe or AutoCombine. I am yet to anyone actually explain why Giants chooses not to simply incorporate some of the script mods that become the backbone of the game. Seasons is a big mod, changes game play, etc. Would be awesome, but really if they cannot get some of the easier ones done...
because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own

Edit don_apple: fixed broken quoting.
Last edited by Peter Griffin on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX/ FS22
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

even with glitches I'm loving the fs19; I agree with your opinion but I believe that this game will, over time, be better than the previous one!
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Peter Griffin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own
That doesn't mean that Giants couldn't incorporate some kind of advanced AI that could do some of those things that those mods do. If they want to allow an AI to follow me with a trailer while I drive, I seriously doubt that it would count as "mod theft."
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Peter Griffin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own
That doesn't mean that Giants couldn't incorporate some kind of advanced AI that could do some of those things that those mods do. If they want to allow an AI to follow me with a trailer while I drive, I seriously doubt that it would count as "mod theft."
It could be classed as theft of intellectual property which I believe has very vague rules. I think they would need to make it significantly different enough so it wasn’t classed as a copy. And follow me is pretty basic in functionality (not to say that it’s not a great mod and timesaver) I shouldn’t think you could alter it enough and keep the functionality.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:26 pm
Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm
It could be classed as theft of intellectual property which I believe has very vague rules. I think they would need to make it significantly different enough so it wasn’t classed as a copy. And follow me is pretty basic in functionality (not to say that it’s not a great mod and timesaver) I shouldn’t think you could alter it enough and keep the functionality.
All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
Exactly
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

Completely agree.

I moaned at the start. I'm moaning again. Been on for 100+ hours now. BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

I've uninstalled and stuck to FS17. They had so long to work on this game. For the amount of time they've had vrs the product we got? absolutely ludicrous. They game MAY be good in a few months? a year? with mods? but is that the whole point?

They make a game, WE make it better? by we I mean all the hard work the modders do. FS19 is just FS17 with a graphics mod installed. Not even a good one at that.

Hopefully we will get a decent update or new game soon....... Any indie farming entrepreneurs around here, now is your chance. We all know for a fact, that a new game on the scene would get all of our attention.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:03 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
Exactly
But the end result is that the player presses a button, and the tractor starts to follow you. Therefore the idea is exactly the same.

Like I said, it’s a vague area. Or it could possibly not be an issue at all, I’m not a lawyer so wouldn’t have a clue. Just a thought.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Kgbow wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm Completely agree.

I moaned at the start. I'm moaning again. Been on for 100+ hours now. BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

I've uninstalled and stuck to FS17. They had so long to work on this game. For the amount of time they've had vrs the product we got? absolutely ludicrous. They game MAY be good in a few months? a year? with mods? but is that the whole point?

They make a game, WE make it better? by we I mean all the hard work the modders do. FS19 is just FS17 with a graphics mod installed. Not even a good one at that.

Hopefully we will get a decent update or new game soon....... Any indie farming entrepreneurs around here, now is your chance. We all know for a fact, that a new game on the scene would get all of our attention.
So u still playing fs19?