at night

scoobzor134

at night

Post by scoobzor134 »

Is it just me or are the nights really dark. Even with a full moon it's just so damn dark.

Hmmmmm full moon :biggrin2:
Weasle

Re: at night

Post by Weasle »

I do not play in the dark, I fast forward. But the lighting does seem a bit off sometime.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Turn on your headlights

Hmmmmm headlights :shock:
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

that's the next thing that will added into the game is the moon cycles...
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I have to play at night because don't have money for the land and house yet. just on day 1 and doing contracting with my own equipment so far. I think I have to do potatoes with their equipment though. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
INSTG8R

Post by INSTG8R »

I find 4am almost impossible to do much of anything because of how dark it is. That’s usually when I end up speeding up time to dawn out of frustration.
W1der

Post by W1der »

What platform are you playing on?

Consoles had this issue from the beginning where the entire game was to dark (not sure if it has been fixed).

On PC there is a brightness setting ...

Or you might need to calibrate your screen?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Dark Knights are cool :)

Now have real use for these light trailer and placeable streetlight mods.
I know it is a bit hard to play like this, but in real life, it is also hard.

One thing to fix that i could see that Giants could make the light source go little more far away, i feel the vehicle lights in real life expand more father.
scoobzor134

Post by scoobzor134 »

True Ice, using your high beams or whatever they are called just widens the beam, not "extend" it.

Do mostly harvest contracts during night time
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually in FS19 the high beam extends the light slightly and makes it more narrow. It also makes the light strike on objects higher up from the ground ...
Not really useful in any ways (only "cosmetic").

Not sure if the limitation of how far the lights will reach has to do with game performance ... but probably!

The lights in FS19 seems a bit brighter though ... almost to bright in some situations when working at night (especially in cabin view).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Seems now finally have good solution for this, today this mods was released on consoles and PC in modhub:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

I used this on FS17, place these lights all your working areas in your farm and you can work at night :)
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I noticed last evening while doing a night time harvesting contract that I could see the outline of the harvester I left in the field while empting the tipper but I could not see the lights left on.

it would seem to me that I should see the lights well before I see the dark black shape of the mahine.