Got a computer!! Questions!

adammac5858

Got a computer!! Questions!

Post by adammac5858 »

After saying I was broke and wouldn't get a computer, my brother gave me his old one! It wont run FS19, but I can download the modcreator. Do I have to have the game on computer to test the mod before submitting it? I only play on console. Is there any way to create a mod and "test" it without having the game physically installed on my PC?
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
thumbwiz

Re: Got a computer!! Questions!

Post by thumbwiz »

You'll need access to a computer with the game installed.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:27 am You'll need access to a computer with the game installed.
Thanks Thumb, nuff said. Back to square 1.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

It can technically be done.
You can create the mods, then email them so someone to test and use their feedback to adjust / fix them.

Then you can submit them for upload, HOWEVER be warned that mods for consoles have rules attached to them. EG, brand licensing, quality, scripts etc. It's why consoles will NEVER have the same level of mods as PC's.
Because once the games released to an open system like a PC, Giants, Microsoft etc can't control or stop what we do.

But don't let that discourage you from learning how to mod. And depending on the specs of your computer, you might find you are able to upgrade one or two components cheaply in order to be able to play the game (even on minimal settings).
Once you see the difference in the PC world, you won't want to go back.
Guil

Post by Guil »

GE 8 needs the game installed to run.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

FiremanDJ wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:39 am It can technically be done.
You can create the mods, then email them so someone to test and use their feedback to adjust / fix them.

Then you can submit them for upload, HOWEVER be warned that mods for consoles have rules attached to them. EG, brand licensing, quality, scripts etc. It's why consoles will NEVER have the same level of mods as PC's.
Because once the games released to an open system like a PC, Giants, Microsoft etc can't control or stop what we do.

But don't let that discourage you from learning how to mod. And depending on the specs of your computer, you might find you are able to upgrade one or two components cheaply in order to be able to play the game (even on minimal settings).
Once you see the difference in the PC world, you won't want to go back.
Got ya, thanks everyone. Where do I find the rules for console mods at? I've been looking everywhere.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.