The US map is trash

bigcrazewolf

Re: The US map is trash

Post by bigcrazewolf »

Weasle wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:42 am So what do people watch RoboCop and they think our cities and streets are like this? lol
I have been to many large and small USA cities and some small and large cities in Canada, and as an American I can admit there IS a difference in cleanliness. I'm not offended in the least, but I wish we have the option to remove the trash (without using the editor) as we have to purchase plots of land and should be able to do whatever we want with it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 pm

you just don't get it do you. because you don't live in the united states.. and a lot more than just these pics for toys for kids all john deere..
The only thing I haven't seen over here is the lamp but that's not to say it isn't available. I was even going to buy that engine for one of my son's for Christmas.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

bigcrazewolf wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:38 am I have been to many large and small USA cities and some small and large cities in Canada, and as an American I can admit there IS a difference in cleanliness.
I know that is right. I went to Detroit, and there was graffiti and trash everywhere, then I went across the border to Canada.

The city over in Canada was totally clean, the difference was shocking.

Same thing down in Texas too. Like go across from El Paso, and right past the border is nothing but narrow streets and it looks run down.

But I mean if you wanted to add detail you did not have to put trash everywhere. You know? Why not beach umbrellas, or beach towels, or some surf boards, or some beach showers etc. on the beach section.

Nope instead we have a garbage barge that must have turned over right on the beach.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

There ar parts of the map that I like. However it is a bit to hilly or rather to many steep areas which reduces possibilities to place a farm.

Also that huge derelict building close to mountain, not sure what it is cannot be removed and is only just a giant unusable decoration. At leaset when you buy land we should be able to completely remove all objects so we can maximuize the use of the land we bought.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I really like how the U.S. house is badly in need of repair, old and all cluttered up inside, when the German one looks like it came out of a magazine. That pretty much sums up everything right there.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

You know what you do to solve the trash problem? Terra form a huge wall of dirt around your farm and then you can't see the rest of the map. Then you only have to come out when you want to sell your stuff.
G'day
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

psfd237 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:33 pm As long as the fan base is big enough to keep this series going then I'm happy. Don't care where it comes from.
Best comment in thread :) Thumbs up :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

I wouldn't say the US map is trash overly limiting yes they promised we could put whatever we wanted anywhere we wanted as a big complaint was that stuff was too far away from the main farm. So they add more spots we cant add stuff and say we can put where we want when we really cant. The lack of complete companies and all equipment from those companies is also a big let down. If they had done the map right and allowed us to place stuff where we want certain areas I can see not being placed or allowed to remove stuff that forbids it for one reason or another be nice also. Accouncing a Company like John Deere or Case and actually getting all there equipment instead of picking and choosing to force one side farming ad actually add all there equipment and let the players choose what they want on there famr be nice too.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

With regards to the equipment, Giants can only use the equipment that the companies want us to use. Licences are very rarely granted for everything ever made by the company, generally they are for individual items. I believe modders have slightly more freedom with what they make but not 100% sure.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I'll bet they're holding equipment back so they can charge you more money for it later, and to accommodate the season pass folks.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:04 pm I'll bet they're holding equipment back so they can charge you more money for it later, and to accommodate the season pass folks.
Surely this will not affect you as you don’t own the game anyway?
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:04 pm I'll bet they're holding equipment back so they can charge you more money for it later, and to accommodate the season pass folks.
What else are they supposed to put in DLC? Ice cream vans? There are upwards of 300 pieces of equipment in the base game. More than in any previous version. There are some shortages here and there but essentially you can do most tasks. A few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. I'm not from the US but I quite like the map. It may not be typical of the US but there are areas like it. Just like in all countries. It's decoration that's all.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:27 pm
Surely this will not affect you as you don’t own the game anyway?
That's correct, it's the only version I don't own, and I am disappointed because of that.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Michiel

Post by Michiel »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 pm
...., and I am disappointed because of that.
I think the whole forum is aware of that....
Home is where the doormat is.
wickedset

Post by wickedset »

PoggleBox wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:48 pm What else are they supposed to put in DLC? Ice cream vans? There are upwards of 300 pieces of equipment in the base game. More than in any previous version. There are some shortages here and there but essentially you can do most tasks. A few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. I'm not from the US but I quite like the map. It may not be typical of the US but there are areas like it. Just like in all countries. It's decoration that's all.
*thumbsup*
I like it too, I'm from UK and there are places like it here as well.
Michiel wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:00 pm I think the whole forum is aware of that....
:lol:

I like this game, FS 2019, I'm saying this because I am wondering if I am playing the same game that others are playing and commenting on, I don't have bugs that break the game, the hired workers are even behaving themselves and lots of innovative new features.
The landscaping and placeables are not something that I will use, as I like to use GE to mod my own game for me alone, but they make the console users and the those on pc that can't or don't want to use GE to mod the game and are able to personalize there own farms, and that's good for all of us.
Most of all I want to remind everyone that this is a game, It doesn't matter that you can catch up and overtake a car with a harvester, not real life, for all of us to play and enjoy, with that said, I think Giants have done a great job of making this game playable in lots of different ways and as soon as the mods come out the real life enthusiasts will get their seasons and mud

Happy new year to everyone