Re: The US map is trash

Post by Skullblits »

I don't think the US is there largest customer base
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Skullblits wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm I don't think the US is there largest customer base
Would love to see the sales figures. I'm very curious myself. I bet Europe is.
FS 22 and loving it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yeah to the Americas arnt the largest.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

The us is far far from their largest base. Their customer base has been, and always will be, mostly German with the rest of Europe covering the rest. FS sales in America is a fraction of sales over there.

I agree that the map is a slap in the face to the US, but thanksfully we already have some decent mod maps for the us. My multiplayer server just started using Rolling Hills. Even though that map is not yet finished, it is a far cry better than the default map.

I usually try to play devils advocate and support developers, but yeah ... this release of the US version of the map is the worst yet. Thank the gods for modders.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I disagree they have sold way more copys(consoles) of fs19 in the United States than anywhere else. because every little kid in the united states wanted this game for Christmas just because of john deere being on the front of the case,, people that don't live in united states don't realize how big john deere is for kids in the states.. I bet anything that US is the biggest sales guaranteed.... it's not Europe any more...
Last edited by lefe1 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

As long as the fan base is big enough to keep this series going then I'm happy. Don't care where it comes from.
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

Yes, the Ravenport map is trashy... but you can take it or leave it.

For those taking offense, consider Sosnovka... do you think Russians took offense at it being kind of dingy... especially in comparison to say Goldcrest Valley... or did they simply figure it was modeled after a dingy part of Russia? (I never been to Russia but I suspect there are plenty of dingy areas there, like most anywhere).

Ravenport, to me, seems modeled after farming regions in the central California coast... which has both some very nice neighborhoods... but plenty of trashy ones as well.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:26 pm I disagree they have sold way more copys(consoles) of fs19 in the United States than anywhere else. because every little kid in the united states wanted this game for Christmas just because of john deere being on the front of the case,, people that don't live in united states don't realize how big john deere is for kids in the states.. I bet anything that US is the biggest sales guaranteed.... it's not Europe any more...

By that definition

My little pony would of made billions on sales because every little girl wants a pony

PS4 user
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Skullblits wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:02 pm

By that definition

My little pony would of made billions on sales because every little girl wants a pony
you just don't get it do you. because you don't live in the united states.. and a lot more than just these pics for toys for kids all john deere..
Last edited by lefe1 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

.... Sense of humour get removed?

PS4 user
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Jagtractor wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:57 am I'm not a fan of ravenport either. Giants maps I've played that I like to dislike are as follows :
1 Westbridge hills (gold medal)
2 sosnovka (silver medal)
3 Hagenstagh (bronze medal)
4 Goldcrest
5 Estancia (i would like this map more if it wasn't for the soil color. I know it fits the area. But after a couple days of playing this map my mind starts fantasizing for brown brown dirt again and i have to change)
6 Fellsbrunn (undecided, love the fields hate that tight town.)
7 Ravenport
8 Bjornholm (I'd put it lower if i could. Man I hated this map.

Notice that map order has a lot to do with farm yard location and how well the map itself flows. Yeah i know you can put your farm anywhere you want but that is a huge expense.
My top:

Yes:
Westbridge Hills (yes, this is about farming)
Estancia Lapacho (por favor, senor, in South America we feel so high...)
Sosnovka (krasivyy)
Goldcrest Valley (nice)

No:
Bjornholm (dont need so much hills, to much valonated road next to chickens)
Ravenport (nice landscape, for skiing, but not for farming)

Dont know:
Fellsbrunn (Ill run it last one, after solving the bugs, I do not want to be disappointed like now... like never before)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

not "every kid" in the U.S. wants JD.. in fact most of them don't even know what it is.. the fans of JD r a specific group who represent the minority being that they r from rural areas and often come from families and farms that like and use JD which even in the farming community isn't everyone.. so the *opinion* that fs19 sales went thru the roof and appealed to completely new users based on the introduction of JD might be a tad misplaced.. im sure it didn't hurt sales.. likely very much the opposite.. but I think u r giving this influence too many dues.. and as JD is a global brand its likely this increase is spread across the world raising sales in other countries as well
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Faelandaea wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 pm The us is far far from their largest base. Their customer base has been, and always will be, mostly German with the rest of Europe covering the rest. FS sales in America is a fraction of sales over there.

I agree that the map is a slap in the face to the US, but thanksfully we already have some decent mod maps for the us. My multiplayer server just started using Rolling Hills. Even though that map is not yet finished, it is a far cry better than the default map.

I usually try to play devils advocate and support developers, but yeah ... this release of the US version of the map is the worst yet. Thank the gods for modders.
I dont think it is "not close". I think that if we arent second. We are third then. Still believe that Europe is first though.
FS 22 and loving it.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Pensarethebest wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:41 pm
Faelandaea wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 pm The us is far far from their largest base. Their customer base has been, and always will be, mostly German with the rest of Europe covering the rest. FS sales in America is a fraction of sales over there.

I dont think it is "not close". I think that if we arent second. We are third then. Still believe that Europe is first though.
Id' probably want to see those sales numbers myself. This game posted record sales, outselling what MLB The Show would sell at this point after release. I think in fact near double their amount if i'm reading it correctly.

Those sales i would attribute most likely to John Deere, and therefore to Consoles, and an American audience. So, what may have been the case on past titles, may not be the case here in many aspects.

And the OP, totally agree about the American Map.
johnson6

Post by johnson6 »

To those saying the USA is trashy, completely rude and I bet your country has bad areas too. Movies and social media are not good ways to judge a country. Also, I do think the introduction of John Deere drastically improved sales, atleast on console. Most people where I live have consoles are john deere is insanely popular like lefe said. I'm also not even in a rural area, I live in a city of 500,000 in Nebraska