What future plans you have for your farm?

emz

What future plans you have for your farm?

Post by emz »

I'm curious to know what plans people have for their farms? Are you going to expand and buy more land, more equipment or just focus on making your farm yard looking nice? :)
I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.
snyperal

Re: What future plans you have for your farm?

Post by snyperal »

Sell all of my field's and retire.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Get back at FS17. Waiting for new updates in FS19.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

emz wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 pm I'm curious to know what plans people have for their farms? Are you going to expand and buy more land, more equipment or just focus on making your farm yard looking nice? :)
Expanding is my plan. I have built a farm in Estancia, currently with 4-5 fields, cows, sheep and chickens. Already planned out which fields I need to buy and in which order.
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

I'm going to try and buy more land, trade in my 8370 with 62 hours on a new 8400R without borrowing any money. Just got out of debt don't want to go back in, only have 92k right now so it will be awhile. :(
scoobzor134

Post by scoobzor134 »

Waiting for harvest and getting that extra needed money.

Can do some contracts but most are cultivating and plowing but the cost of the lease are to high Tbh.
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Expanding my animal operations. I have a horse paddock by field 20 in Felsbrunn, but it's going to be moved soon down to the plot below field 15, where my cow paddock is. I'm then eventually going to add a sheep pen and maybe some piggies. I did have chickens but I got fed up of picking up all the egg boxes so I sold them once I had the trophy for chickens. I might get a new lot down by the other animals, depends on space. I got fields 15, 18, 19 and 20, so more fields will be added sometime.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

sell everything, then bet it all in Las Vegas, then commit suicide
seriously right now i have 2 fields, and i hardly see myself having more. i mean, i'm so busy with these two. next step will be to buy a medium sized field, and let a couple of pigs freeroam in it
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Expand for sure. Bought 14, 15 and 16 and connected them together to be a bit more profitable. Hoping to buy field 17 soon and then expand my fleet.
Maybe in a bit I will buy a field suitable for sheep.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Expand even further. Playing Felsbrunn @1x 225 hours in. Started from scratch Normal economy. Own 8 fields already all around the starting point. Next will be field 2 in the mountains as the base for forestry. Once established, then field 15 for Horse Stud. By then I hope seasons will be out so can start over.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

i really would like to see you players that own more than 2 field play in real. i mean how do you do. do you have 8 arms, or something :biggrin2:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

jpm1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:58 pm i really would like to see you players that own more than 2 field play in real. i mean how do you do. do you have 8 arms, or something :biggrin2:
I use workers a lot. Worker on a harvester, a cultivator and a seeder with me transporting crops, that’s 3 fields being worked at once.

May even have a contract on the go at the same time.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

yeah but where do you store all your vehicles. i mean with 2 tractors it takes me 30 - 45 min IRL to plough my 4 ha field. i have something like 14 big garages parking spots, and i'm still in need of place/space :biggrin2: . i'm not running an industrial exploitation. but still. i have 2 tractors, 2 harvesters, 2 ploughing machines..
Guil

Post by Guil »

Why 2 harvesters?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I have 2 of the cheapest sheds. 3 tractors, 1 harvester, 2 trailers, seeder, cultivator, fertiliser. Also mower, Tedder, windrower and a collection trailer.

Once you get good at reverse parking stuff it’s surprising what you can fit in those sheds.