Contract Jobs Glitching Out In FS 19

OrcaAmity

Contract Jobs Glitching Out In FS 19

Post by OrcaAmity »

Has anyone else had problems with FS 19 as the PC version where some of the contract jobs glitch out? My PC version is the one that doesn't run through Steam. The thing that is happening, some harvesting jobs don't reach 100% when I've harvested everything and delivered everything. I did a sugar beet harvesting job the other day and it got stuck on 97%. I just did a sunflower harvesting job and after all the work it was stuck on 99%. Yesterday I was doing a grass cutting job and the percentage only went up when I was cutting the grass. When I was tiding the grass, bailing, wrapping, and collecting on the trailer, the percentage still never went up where it stayed on 20%. Then some of the fertilising jobs, sowing jobs and cultivating jobs, they say my job is complete when I still have work to do. This is so annoying when I spent hours harvesting and get paid nothing, mostly when it glitches out at 97% and with another at a typical 99%. I wonder if there's any point to this game when it does this. How are we supposed to make money to get started while our two fields have crops growing early in the game when the best-paying contract jobs glitches out so we have to fail and get ripped off? Also when we have to fail a job it glitches others out so when we accept another contract and lease the stuff we need, those items never spawn at the store. The other day with the sugar beet harvesting job, six hours of my time wasted.
VAGamer

Re: Contract Jobs Glitching Out In FS 19

Post by VAGamer »

For baling, you have to do all the tasks - mow/bale/deliver/etc until the completion message appears.

For fertilizing, there's a little tolerance built into the contract: 90-95% coverage is typically enough to trigger completion. If you want to turn the entire field blue, you can do that but you are wasting fertilizer.

Harvesters with lowered maintenance bar/durability have reduced yield. If using your own harvester, ensure you repair it first to maximize yield. You may be able to deliver the remaining crop from your own silo to complete the contract, if you have any stockpiled.

As a final thought, it seems that there may be crops uncollected even though all the stalks above ground are gone. Try running your harvester over the field in areas where cut stalk textures look different. There seems to be a situation where the stalks get cut, but all the nearby crops aren't collected. (sorry for the weird sentences, but I cannot describe it any better)
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

VAGamer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:16 am For baling, you have to do all the tasks - mow/bale/deliver/etc until the completion message appears.

For fertilizing, there's a little tolerance built into the contract: 90-95% coverage is typically enough to trigger completion. If you want to turn the entire field blue, you can do that but you are wasting fertilizer.

Harvesters with lowered maintenance bar/durability have reduced yield. If using your own harvester, ensure you repair it first to maximize yield. You may be able to deliver the remaining crop from your own silo to complete the contract, if you have any stockpiled.

As a final thought, it seems that there may be crops uncollected even though all the stalks above ground are gone. Try running your harvester over the field in areas where cut stalk textures look different. There seems to be a situation where the stalks get cut, but all the nearby crops aren't collected. (sorry for the weird sentences, but I cannot describe it any better)
What is cut stalk textures and how do I use it? When I've done this harvesting there was nothing on the fields. I checked and re-checked and there was nothing. There wasn't even a single weed. Many thanks for the info.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

VAGamer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:16 am
Harvesters with lowered maintenance bar/durability have reduced yield.
What are you talking about? That is not true is it? Mr. Sealy even did a test.
VAGamer

Post by VAGamer »

-First, try looking closely at the map for any small yellow dots that show unharvested crops - zoom the map all the way in. Try harvesting those areas.

-Cut textures: You're really just looking at the field. Sometimes, you may see areas with small gaps that look different than nearby areas, or areas where the ground texture looks a bit different.

-Finally, you can just turn on the harvester and pick a few areas at random and drive over them. If you are lucky, you will find some small areas.

The whole thing is hit-or-miss. You are basically looking for very small areas where the header just nicked the stalk but didn't get all the crops underneath. For a large field, it may not be worth the effort.

I don't understand the mechanism - just happened to notice the result by accident when chaffing corn.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Weasle wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 am
I thought this, but Sealyp did a test with the header needing maintenance, somebody on here did the same test with the actual harvester needing maintenance and the yield was reduced.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=139789
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

The 97/98% problem may be due to weeds. We think, when you accept the contract, if there are no weeds in the field, the amount of crop required to complete the contract is calculated based on the projected yield. If while you are doing the contract, weeds spread across the field, the yield goes down, but the target remains the same. So you can't get enough crop to complete the contract. You can as has been mentioned use your own crops to top up the contract - if you have any. The longer it takes you to do a contract, the more the opportunity for this to happen.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Its definitely true.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

VAGamer wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:02 am -First, try looking closely at the map for any small yellow dots that show unharvested crops - zoom the map all the way in. Try harvesting those areas.

-Cut textures: You're really just looking at the field. Sometimes, you may see areas with small gaps that look different than nearby areas, or areas where the ground texture looks a bit different.

-Finally, you can just turn on the harvester and pick a few areas at random and drive over them. If you are lucky, you will find some small areas.

The whole thing is hit-or-miss. You are basically looking for very small areas where the header just nicked the stalk but didn't get all the crops underneath. For a large field, it may not be worth the effort.

I don't understand the mechanism - just happened to notice the result by accident when chaffing corn.
That was the first thing I did. I zoomed in. Then I went all over the field yesterday and there was nothing. Not a thing.

Also I noticed the leased machinery needs attention. I suppose those farmers expect us to pay to repair their stuff as well so more money taken from our wages. To be honest I'm thinking of going back to FS 17. Thanks anyway.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

PoggleBox wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:36 pm The 97/98% problem may be due to weeds. We think, when you accept the contract, if there are no weeds in the field, the amount of crop required to complete the contract is calculated based on the projected yield. If while you are doing the contract, weeds spread across the field, the yield goes down, but the target remains the same. So you can't get enough crop to complete the contract. You can as has been mentioned use your own crops to top up the contract - if you have any. The longer it takes you to do a contract, the more the opportunity for this to happen.
There was a lot of weeds on the sunflower field. I wonder why we're not told to kill the weeds first instead of harvest straight away.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm
I thought this, but Sealyp did a test with the header needing maintenance, somebody on here did the same test with the actual harvester needing maintenance and the yield was reduced.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=139789
It's bad enough we have to buy the fertilizer and seeds etc when those farmers should buy it seeing that we are working on their fields. Now they expect us to pay to fix their machinery. This is a flaming liberty. How are we supposed to make money from these farmers when we have to pay them great chunks of money to them over things they should be paying for?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

You don’t have to on all contracts. On most it will make no difference as the yield is only majorly affected when the wear is really low.

I only do it on the really big contracts and if they are paying £20-£30k I don’t really mind £500 repair cost.

Costs of the seed and fertiliser are taken into account in the contract cost.

I just watched Mr Sealyp do a fert contract on his series. He got paid £30k for a 38ha field. It cost him around £4.5 k in fertiliser. That seems a pretty good deal to me.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:26 pm You don’t have to on all contracts. On most it will make no difference as the yield is only majorly affected when the wear is really low.

I only do it on the really big contracts and if they are paying £20-£30k I don’t really mind £500 repair cost.

Costs of the seed and fertiliser are taken into account in the contract cost.

I just watched Mr Sealyp do a fert contract on his series. He got paid £30k for a 38ha field. It cost him around £4.5 k in fertiliser. That seems a pretty good deal to me.
Even so, when I lease equipment, I expect it all to be in perfectly good working order. If somebody in real-life went to hire a car, they don't expect it to be on it's last legs so they have to take it to the mechanic first. It's bad enough we have to lease the stuff if we don't have it. Then we have to pay to fix it as well.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Where's that location at the store to repair stuff? Everywhere I try nothing works.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's the same place as the sell point, there's like a yellow and black square border around it.