What has happened to hiring workers

Mancsguy

What has happened to hiring workers

Post by Mancsguy »

I recently hired workers to cultivate a field and then to sow seeds

What a disaster and waste of time that is now , They give up 3 quarters of the way across the field because of the way they turn round now .

I had purposely felled all the trees and stumped them to make the ends of the fields clear , but nope they give up early because across the road and up the verge is my hen house and they need a quarter of the field to do a circular turn around ,

I wish they would go back to before where they did the job to the edge of the field then shunted themselves round instead of this huge circle they now do
canadafarms

Re: What has happened to hiring workers

Post by canadafarms »

100% agree. The AI has gone backwards since FS 15 IMO. Since the devs have implemented collision detection the AI has been terrible. I haven’t played much 19 yet but I have already had numerous occasions where they turn around for no reason or just stop halfway through a job even on perfectly square fields with nothing in the way. Also as pointed out by the OP the way they turn around now is just painful to watch, not only do they need way too much space to turn around but also they stop and back up to make tiny little corrections and it is just painfully slow. We know what they are capable of with proper programming ie course play, auto combine etc etc but yet the devs can’t seem to make them do a simple headland turn in a smooth and timely fashion. Was really hoping this would be something they would put some effort into for this version but sadly dogs and bending plants seem to be more important I guess. Very disappointing....
PS4
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The worst issue I have had is when harvesting the worker will reverse all the way back down the field when it has finished, and if I don’t go around the edges at least once when doing sugar beet it causes them problems turning around.

Other than that I find the workers a huge improvement on fs17. Even odd shaped fields get worked with no issues.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

The worst part is that undeveloped area increases if you continue to use workers for all activities (harvesting, cultivation, planting, etc.). If the first time the tractor gets scared by a tree at 20 meters and works only 95% of the land, next time it will work less, it will stop early, work just 92% (approximate) and so on. And we are not talking about a more special, more complicated field, but the standard, simple and small field that you get when you open the map. I can not play this way!!! And nobody fixes that, no one tested this before official launching.

I love the handling of trucks and most tractors in all FS (15, 17 and 19), I like driving from point A to point B, but I refuse to go straight into rows over and over again everywhere on my own; so I use W. Ok, it's a game, but I dont like and I dont have time to get back every time and work by myself that area. In the first week, the combine was sticking in the ground and could not be used on some terrain.

I think we expect to go better and better, from 15 to 17, from 17 to 19, not worse. We expect to keep what works well and to improve, year after year. But they improved it until they broke it. Like never before. And nobody repair this after more than a month of launch. Disappointment.
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

Ive had workers get stuck, and when i take back over the equipment all I have to do is turn the wheel sharper and problem is solved. It's dumb
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Always do headlands on the fields, that are not perfectly rectangular/square. Even on these worker might miss, since there is tree/road etc...in their HUGE turning radius at the end of field.
There has been slight improvement - when end of the field does not have perfect straight line, worker will still turn around and continue working without missing. In FS 17 he would either miss or say he is done, but ofc sometimes he misses or he turns and says he is done.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Fortunately there will be a courseplay for fs19 and then we can forget we ever had this problem. The word on github is that there will probably be a courseplay beta mid january.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I am looking forward to that. I have not yet used a hired worker except once, during my first look at the game, but I absolutely refuse to do actual gameplay with any AI other than Courseplay.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Tips to get workers running well:

Try in this order:

1. Cut the trees at the edge of the fields, if not helping, then...
2. Use smaller sized equipment, if not help, then...
3. Use landscape tool to make fields smaller, if not help, then...
4. Use GE to overhaul the fields (PC only), if not help...
5. Wait for courseplay or don't use workers.

Courseplay in progress, soon will start beta:
https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/2912
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

I'd like to know why my helper drove my seeder into the pond on felsbrun and did a runner. I'm not that bad a boss I'm sure!
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

IceUul wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 pm Tips to get workers running well:

Try in this order:

1. Cut the trees at the edge of the fields, if not helping, then...
2. Use smaller sized equipment, if not help, then...
3. Use landscape tool to make fields smaller, if not help, then...
4. Use GE to overhaul the fields (PC only), if not help...
5. Wait for courseplay or don't use workers.

Courseplay in progress, soon will start beta:
https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/2912
Yeah I think your missing the point of this thread. Most of us know to cut down trees or make headlands.

Smaller equipment....really?.....so is there a smaller cotton harvester because I haven’t seen one and just yesterday I had the cotton harvester turn around in the middle of the row for no reason. No trees or obstacles anywhere to be seen and it just turned around and left half the row.

No the point of this thread, or a least my post is that Giants messed with the AI starting with 17 and they still don’t work like they used to pre 17. And no I won’t just not use the AI because that’s not how I choose to play. Been an FS player since 13, and quite frankly I am losing interest in this series because of the poorly implemented features and the bugs that never get fixed.
PS4
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

I am finding that the workers in 19 are pretty good most of the time - particularly when harvesting odd shaped fields. I have had the odd occasion of a harvester reversing back down a field and seeders "jack-knifing" on headlands ( great plains ) and one of the Horsch cultivators ( I found that by switching tractors to a tracked Challenger or Fendt solved this). I did not and will not ever have the luxury of course play so having to do a headland is fine (of course IRL you would do this when harvesting any crop).
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Hawke67 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm Fortunately there will be a courseplay for fs19 and then we can forget we ever had this problem. The word on github is that there will probably be a courseplay beta mid january.
And consoles will be screwed again, the only way is if giants actually work on this and stop relying on modders to fix the game
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
eric21

Post by eric21 »

redglasses wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Hawke67 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm Fortunately there will be a courseplay for fs19 and then we can forget we ever had this problem. The word on github is that there will probably be a courseplay beta mid january.
And consoles will be screwed again, the only way is if giants actually work on this and stop relying on modders to fix the game
The problem is loaders are saying it won't work
jim_jones

Post by jim_jones »

Beet and potatoe harvesters seem to be the worst, payback is coming though, once courseplay drops these workers will be making 90% less doing three times the work.