Need to plow after harvesting sunflower

kubinec

Need to plow after harvesting sunflower

Post by kubinec »

Is normal to plow after harvesting sunlower ? I need plow after harvesting :?:
PoggleBox

Re: Need to plow after harvesting sunflower

Post by PoggleBox »

If you have periodic ploughing enabled in options then you might need to plough after any crop.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
kubinec

Post by kubinec »

yes i have periodic ploughing enabled but in help list in game is : plowing after harvesting maize, potatoes, sugar beet and sugercane (or you suffer a penalty -15%). Sunflower is not listed.
After grain you don´t have to plow never.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I have to plow after planting corn or sunflower. I’m sure I saw it at some point that you have to do that, just not sure where
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

AFAIK periodic ploughing can happen after harvesting ANY crop.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

you have optional ploughing for all crops. and you have compulsory ploughing after corn, and sunflower (didn't plant ant cotton, or sugarcane so far..)
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

I thought it was cultivating or discing that was required after sunflowers and corn. Not a using a plough.... that is a lot of pain and suffering.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

i don't know what you mean by cultivators. in France cultivators (cultivateurs), and ploughing machines (charrues) are more or less the same things. as they both put the soil upside down. then i don't remember, as i didn't do it for a while, but in game some planters require to work the soil before, while others like the condor don't. with the condor you can replant wheat for example just after a harvesting. assuming it's not corn, or sunflower. i'm not a maize, or sunflower cultivator IRL, but it makes sense. as they let more organics behind. what i did, i purchased 2 cultivators a Kuhn DC 401, and an Agrisem Combiplow Gold 4M. it makes a 8m plowing, and they don't require powerful tractors. i wouldn't say it goes fast lol. but at least it takes twice less time
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Joepipefitter wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 am I thought it was cultivating or discing that was required after sunflowers and corn. Not a using a plough.... that is a lot of pain and suffering.
Its really not that bad. Just set a worker to do it and check on them every once in awhile
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

I guess there is no reason to have a cultivator or disc then, just using up slots
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Subsoilers don’t cultivate though and leave a slightly different than cultivated texture, so you’ll probably still need one
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Smith Modding wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:21 pm Subsoilers don’t cultivate though and leave a slightly different than cultivated texture, so you’ll probably still need one
Are you making this comment re: real life, or how they are handled in game? IRL of course you are correct. In game I thought they did leave the cultivated state? Maybe I misunderstood.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I’m taking about in game. As far as I know, it doesn’t give it a cultivated state, just plowed. It did that the last time I used the subsoiler
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

PoggleBox wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:08 pm If you have periodic ploughing enabled in options then you might need to plough after any crop.
No, it's after corn, sunflower and root crops, specifically. You need to plough everytime you've harvested one of those, never otherwise.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Joepipefitter wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 am I thought it was cultivating or discing that was required after sunflowers and corn. Not a using a plough.... that is a lot of pain and suffering.
You can use a subsoiler, they're generally a little faster and wider than ploughs for the same HP requirement.