Combine Harvester Doesn't Always Work

OrcaAmity

Combine Harvester Doesn't Always Work

Post by OrcaAmity »

In FS 19, I bought a new combine harvester with a longer header and the header doesn't always touch the ground to harvest my crops. What is going on this time? Everyday for the past four days I've come across yet another problem. I never had this problem with my other combine harvester and I never had it in any other FS game.
Smith Modding

Re: Combine Harvester Doesn't Always Work

Post by Smith Modding »

It’s the way the ground response works. I’ve noticed it too, sometimes if there’s a large enough bump it’ll make the header not work
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Was it the correct header for the harvester?
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 pm It’s the way the ground response works. I’ve noticed it too, sometimes if there’s a large enough bump it’ll make the header not work
I find this stupid the way Giants have done that. In FS 17 I've had curved edges to my fields and the header still done the job. I don't understand why the ten-foot header works fine in FS 19 and the twenty-foot headers don;t always work. This game really needs changing. There's times when I went back on FS 17.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:10 pm Was it the correct header for the harvester?
It is the correct one. Sometimes it harvests and sometimes it doesn't. I wonder what else is wrong with this game.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It’s more realistic than it is ‘wrong’

If the harvester hits a big bump in the field and the header gets lifted off the crop, how can it cut the crop?

I had a similar issue in 17 on a couple of maps using the big seeder/planter that cam in the big bud pack, sometimes there were little dips in the field that got skipped as the seeder didn’t touch them.

A farmer would probably go and flatten the bump with his terraforming tools 😉
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:13 pm It’s more realistic than it is ‘wrong’

I agree with rabbit here. The header wouldn't cut your crop unless it was right down on the ground. Unfortuantly the terraforming tool gets rid of the field so you have to go back and plow it and re-seed. Wish there was a function (like the plow) where you could select get rid of field or keep field state. Would be much better *thumbsup*
G'day
Sgt_UberGrunt

Post by Sgt_UberGrunt »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:13 pm It’s more realistic than it is ‘wrong’

If the harvester hits a big bump in the field and the header gets lifted off the crop, how can it cut the crop?

I had a similar issue in 17 on a couple of maps using the big seeder/planter that cam in the big bud pack, sometimes there were little dips in the field that got skipped as the seeder didn’t touch them.

You would either A) Have a flex header (like the 3162 case and the 640FD John Deere) where the cutterbar is made of 3 smaller sections that will bend and flex to the ground contour
OR
B) A skilled operator would use the combines feederhouse lateral tilt to cause the header to move +/- 3 degrees left or right to allow the one side to drop down lower and raise the side thats plowing the ground as a result. Also very useful for getting larger cutters through narrow gates/around roadsigns when transporting the harvester without removing the cutter head.