Landscaping feature

TimmyTheSnail

Landscaping feature

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

I know this is the first version (basically) of the landscaping tool AND the first time giants has done anything like this so of course I don’t expect perfection and would rather have what we have now than nothing at all but that being said obviously we all know there are improvements to be made such as the painted grass to actually grow. Anyway one thing I think needs tweaking is when you alter the terrain either raise or lower, if you do it close to where you have already altered it, the land around your tool will build to the level of existing land. It’s hard to explain but basically if you want to lower a small area of land then you can’t becasue it will raise up a huge amount around your tool
RayzerSharpe

Re: Landscaping feature

Post by RayzerSharpe »

I seen this happen too, but even more important is an UNDO... The amount of times i've destroyed my map in a few clicks and then had to ALT-F4 so as not to save it...
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

How to change the painting-color?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
rjg420

Post by rjg420 »

An undo would be fabulous it is easy to cause mistaken havoc. Growing grass would be nice even if its not mowable to prevent "easy grass" with bush/tree options too please. Also if you paint gravel where a field was you still get mud tracks through your gravel which is disappointing. I've noticed with sculpting in landscaping you can set your flatten level with the smooth button. Pick a point at the elevation you want to flatten to and press smooth to capture the height. Your flatten button will zero to the elevation where you picked smooth.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya grass growing back would be nice so I dont have to plow then roller it after.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

It would be nice if there were a running total and confirm, rather than each click is a charge, also at least the one level of undo, preferably 10 or so. Probably be better to either prevent editing near moving tractors, or pause the game while editing. Even though I've used it to save a stuck cultivator.
emz

Post by emz »

Yes, we need a undo option or something!

At the moment I'm too scared to even try it on my actual savegame and I'm just practicing in another savegame. Irl excavation work and landscaping is expensive but it kinda takes the fun away :/
I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

A running total and confirm makes more sense.

An undo would never suit everybody. It would either undo everything and people would want it to only undo the last thing changed, or it wouldn’t undo enough as it may only undo the last 5 or 10 clicks when people would want more.