Any news on launching Courseplay for FS 19?

IceUul

Re: Any news on launching Courseplay for FS 19?

Post by IceUul »

Courseplay is basically the program, that allows you to give exact orders to workers. In base game you give worker one order: WORK HERE with the tool i gave you. But in courseplay you have so much options and ways to specify how the workers do the work. Needs some time to learn how to give the orders. But if you get to know this system, then you can put 10 workers on one field to work and you can just sit and watch and see how they do everything for you.

For example:
I had big field, full of 5 million liters of sugar beet. I set up 5 workers with harvesters, 3 workers with augers to empty the combine and unload to truck and 4 workers with trucks to transport the sugar beet to selling point on the other side of the map. I went to eat lunch and when i came back my field was empty and all the sugar beet was sold. This game style i would call the "farm manager" style, you are the boss!

Think how much time you need to do it yourself, 5 million liters of sugarbeet and the harvester can hold 45 000 litres, this means you need to unload it more than 100 times.
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

you're all dreaming if you think you're going to get a playable version of Courseplay by the end of January... it will be a VERY early beta.. and it's going to be extremely buggy..

if you're not specifically going to be a part of the beta test team and use it for the sole purpose of helping work out bugs and issues.. you should wait for the release of the mod, which will probably happen mid summer 2019
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I would be happy with a version of Courseplay that just allowed the in field paths to be fixed again and not have to rely on the broken in-game AI.

Being able to set off a worker on a massive odd-shaped field and be 95% sure that it'll do the job perfectly is very missed.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
MVZ2019

Post by MVZ2019 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm Never used courseplay. Much job to learn?
It is a bit difficult in the beginning, but definitely worth it! The fact that you can put multiple harvesters and several trucks working at the same time is worth the sacrifice of learning to use.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Seems to be an update on:
https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/2912

They have 3 problems left, after this beta will be released. The bad part here is that they need help from Giants.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I googled courseplay fs19 and came across someone using a version of courseplay with 19 in a live stream video, not sure if it was an official conversion or one they had done themselves.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm I googled courseplay fs19 and came across someone using a version of courseplay with 19 in a live stream video, not sure if it was an official conversion or one they had done themselves.
Did not find, link please!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

IceUul wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:11 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm I googled courseplay fs19 and came across someone using a version of courseplay with 19 in a live stream video, not sure if it was an official conversion or one they had done themselves.
I just looked again myself and last time it was the first option under video and tonight nothing, in the little bit I watched there was comment from him saying the courseplay guys weren't happy he was showing it makes me think he has taken it down.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

IceUul wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:11 pm
Found it, I think from the comments/ chat that he has a beta version but the developer is not happy he is doing videos of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfCfaJoV3Ks
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

If you want to follow news about Courseplay, then you should read official thread on github:
https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/2912
MVZ2019

Post by MVZ2019 »

Latest news:
guys:
currently we have 3 showstoppers which prevent us from going to public beta and we are at the moment not able to solve them alone, but hopefully with the help of Giants

The problems are in order of priority:

trains are not in g_currentMission.vehicles when starting a new savegame and cp
start a new savegame vanilla - no problem
start a new savegame and cp - locomotive is not in g_currentMission.vehicles
trying to enter throws 'dataS/scripts/BaseMission.lua(1876) : attempt to index field 'controlledVehicle' (a nil value)'
trying to save throws call stack '2019-01-16 23:21 dataS/scripts/trainSystem/TrainPlaceable.lua (220) : setXMLInt'
start the crashed savegame with cp -same issue
start the crashed savegame without cp - no problem -> saving no problem
start again with cp - no problem anymore

tools dont refill on loadTriggers when nobody is in the tractor
it works, when I'm in the vehicle but not if not

if an engine is stopped , it is not able to restart by order
the FS17 solution doesnt seem to work here...

as soon as we have solved this, we will prepare the public beta...
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

The same thing happened with FS17. Someone did a hack job of converting CP from FS15 to FS17. Everyone just needs to continue to wait for the official version. Trust all of us who are saying that you'll be so glad you did.
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Just been trying it in game. Had Courseplay Plough and then Seed a field that the default AI workers in game always make a hash of and it did it perfectly. This is the best day in FS19 history now Courseplay is here. Watching it work was so beautiful I actually shed a little tear.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I miss it for silage bale production, i always had that proces automated except for zapping the bales on a UAL trailer, which option is still missing too.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Currently using it for baling and works a treat. This is the primary reason i use CP anyway, so i am a happy camper thus far.
the big print giveth the small print taketh