Is anyone still playing On FS17?

canadafarms

Re: Is anyone still playing On FS17?

Post by canadafarms »

Unlike a lot of posters in this thread I never did get into 17, probably spent just as much time playing 15 as I did 17 over the last cycle and in the last 4 or 5 months before 19 release I didn’t play FS at all. Maybe that is why I am not so down on 19 as others because to me 19 feels like a fresh new start. This might be the wrong place to post since it is pretty much a 19 hate thread but I just wanted to highlight some of the things I disliked about 17 that has been made better in 19 IMO.

1) The economy. I hated the one dump economy that was introduced in 17. Having to use auger wagons and conveyors to sell crops without the price dropping drastically was mainly the reason I couldn’t get into 17.

2)The missions/contracts. This is the way it should be. The missions on 17 were just boring. If I couldn’t get to sleep I would just fire up 17 and put a mission on and within a few minutes I would be sleeping. Love how I can have a worker doing a contract while I am off doing other things. My only wish, which isn’t a big deal, but I would like to be able to do more than one at a time.

3)Buying/selling land

4)Landscaping. Although very basic it is nice to be able to flatten out areas for placeables.

5)Buildable farms. Really like the idea of this although it was very poorly executed because there is hardly any placeables available atm.

6)Game customizations. It’s nice to be able to change the economy difficulty on a save if you feel like it. Also being able to toggle on/off other features like weed, lime and ploughing is good as well but we had that in 17.

There are other little details that I like but aren’t really game changing. I like the new worker animation in cab. I like the addition of some of the new equipment, like the Lode King bottom dump trailer, been waiting for these for a long time. I only wish they would have made the super b instead of giving us two versions of the same thing in the Wilson and Lode king. The addition of cotton and oats is nice as well.

After all that is said I do have some gripes just like a lot of others in this thread. The crashing, the machine sounds, the rendering distance and the blurry look of everything in the distance, the nerfing of placeables that earned money(greenhouses, windmills etc), releasing equipment as mods that should have been included in the base game, the new lighting makes it hard to see anything at night, the stutter when having more than a couple workers hired. The AI is something I was really hoping they would work on for this version. AI workers have become as bad as they were at the beginning of 17 again and although they fixed them somewhat by the end of 17 they still had issues and now we are pretty much back to where we were over 2 years ago. I am sure there is more that I am missing but I digress, I’m sure most of it has been covered already.

Overall no doubt 19 has some issues, some will hopefully be fixed in upcoming patches but unlike a lot of others in this thread I will likely not spend much time back on 17, for me some things are much better in 19 IMO. I Just hope that in the future Giants will consider polishing the features that already exist rather than trying to rebuild the game from the ground up every 2 years. If it ain’t broke, LEAVE IT ALONE.
PS4
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Blademaster wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 am I appreciate all that Giants have done. I gave 19 a shot, and I will continue to do so periodically. But IMHO 17 and The West Coast is just more comfortable and fun right now. Is there anyone else still playing FS17?

Im still playing on FS17. I just couldnt part with 17, since FS19 wasnt going to have seasons in the game. I like the additions made to 19, and once they get the bugs worked out of the game, and Seasons mod is available, I will probably get 19 at some point.

Im just enjoying 17 still with playing on Lone Oak, so Im content for now just staying with 17. Plus Im not sure my PC laptop will be able to handle 19 on the highest graphic settings, so thats another reason, as I cant really afford a new PC. My PC plays 17 just fine on the highest graphic setting, but Im a little concerned that while I may be able to play 19, I might not be able to use the highest graphic settings, so that would *censored*, if I got the game, and then needed a new PC,lol. According to the PC site, where you can test to see if your PC will handle certain games, it says mine wont, but some people here thinks, Id probably be fine, but I hate to take the chance, with it.
Considered going the PS4 route, since my brother has the FS19 on the PS4, but I hate to downgrade, and have limitations such as # of bales you can have, and the whole slot thing, on top of several other benefits that comes with playing on PC.

Nothing against 19 by any means, as I do like the new additions and improvements it has, but Im just not ready to part with FS17 on Lone Oak and with Seasons mod.
kj4bol

Post by kj4bol »

I flip back and forth. Like playing Felsbrunn more than Ravenport of FS19. I go back to FS17 for some of the mods and maps like Mercury Farms. I will eventually turn completely to FS19. But for now, I will continue both.
Jerrold T. Moore II
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Iam still playing all the versions from fs 13 till fs19..
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Did about 7 hrs on wood shire yesterday. Last weekend was a mix of both 19 & 17
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Blademaster wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 am I appreciate all that Giants have done. I gave 19 a shot, and I will continue to do so periodically. But IMHO 17 and The West Coast is just more comfortable and fun right now. Is there anyone else still playing FS17?
Love both games but i subscribe your words TWC and Seasons force me to return till fs19 have a RL map and seasons
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

There are loads of things better in 19 than 17. If you take away the mods 19 is much better with one big exception imo. The vehicle sounds. Completely ruins the immersion for me. I like to be far enough zoomed out to see the entire tool I'm using, so using a 9mt seeder in pretty much silence? Nope, can't deal with that!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

something special calls me to continue playing with pleasure fs17 but to add to all this on Christmas I received an official wireless gold headphones ps4 and if I already liked the game now regarding the sound, I can assure that the sound quality of the fs17 is way better than fs19 ... I still admit that I will continue to play fs19 for much longer ... great games!
Last edited by hugassi on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

Not I. With several hundred hours in FS17, it's pretty well been retired for me. Haven't opened it since the release of 19, and have no intention to go back to it.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Until we get courseplay, seasons, gps and some decent maps I'm sticking to fs17. I can't fathom why these features were not built into this game. Without them there is no point in playing fs19 as far as I am concerned.
The disappointment and frustration of the fs19 launch has killed it for me. I'm playing Dayz at every opurtunity instead.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I just turned 17 on...man I wish I hadn't. There were some things I missed from 19, but this game is absolutely better.

But is it nostalgia? I remember the first time I played oblivion. It was amazing. I had never even played an RPG before and I was blown away. Along comes skyrim and I'm almost immediately disappointed. It wasn't the same, even after they fixed all the bugs. Does it have to be that way? No I don't believe it does. I picked up the new red dead and it was just as fun as the first. Where's the balance? What makes some sequels (or prequels) good and some a disappointment? I'm not talking about bugs, or added features. I'm not talking about how broken the game is or isn't. I'm talking about playability.

This game just doesn't excite me. I'm not sure any added features or mods can make it 17 again. I spent an embarrassing amount of hours playing 17. I'm needing a break after just 30 minutes from this one. It just...drags. But maybe, if I judge it independently, without the influence of its predecessor, it will be able to finally reel me in. Maybe if my favorite mapmakers' mod will get through testing, I will find the spark in 19 I had in 17. Here's hoping.
Last edited by Addictedtofs on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Myself, I’ve restarted TWC...beautiful scenery! Also playing green river and TOSF. Hoping when seasons and a decent map comes out I can enjoy fs19 as much
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Addictedtofs wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:05 pm This game just doesn't excite me. I'm not sure any added features or mods can make it 17 again. I spent an embarrassing amount of hours playing 17. I'm needing a break after just 30 minutes from this one. It just...drags.
The way you describe it, sounds exactly how I feel. It's not that FS19 is all bad, far from it. But the way it feels when you play it just doesn't have the same attraction that 17 still has.

I went back to 17 in the hope it would make me miss 19 and want to keep at it. 2 months now and it still hasn't managed that.

I do think the overall lighting and graphics while massive improvement in many areas seem just wrong in others.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's been a while since I've been here. I'll be honest, I've quit playing FS. I've never went back to a previous version and I don't want to play the current version. Maybe I'll pick it up again in a year or so. I've always been a glass half full/give Giants a chance forum member, but 19 has put me off.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Some people are enjoying fs19, mrsealyp continues to make great videos ( more down to him than the game) and he enjoys it and he’s always been honest with his mod reviews so I don’t doubt his love of this current version. Then there is Jimbob plays games who has stopped doing videos altogether....it’s certainly split the fans of the game down the middle