Is anyone still playing On FS17?

Harada

Re: Is anyone still playing On FS17?

Post by Harada »

Finding FS19 more frustrating than enjoyable, too many problems, so back to FS17.
XBox Series S
Titto

Post by Titto »

Hello everyone, I do not know if this is exactly where I have to ask my question.
I just entered the forum and between that and that English is not good for me, (I write with a Google translator), I'm lost.
How do I upload a map to modHud?
If someone wrote me the steps to follow I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:46 pm Some people are enjoying fs19, mrsealyp continues to make great videos ( more down to him than the game) and he enjoys it and he’s always been honest with his mod reviews so I don’t doubt his love of this current version. Then there is Jimbob plays games who has stopped doing videos altogether....it’s certainly split the fans of the game down the middle
Jimbob stated on one of his videos that it’s purely down to him finding that doing a series without seasons doesn’t go with his playstyle.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:06 pm
Sad isn't it..btw thanks very much for the west coast. I have over 300 hours on it :hi:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 pm
Patrick73 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:46 pm Some people are enjoying fs19, mrsealyp continues to make great videos ( more down to him than the game) and he enjoys it and he’s always been honest with his mod reviews so I don’t doubt his love of this current version. Then there is Jimbob plays games who has stopped doing videos altogether....it’s certainly split the fans of the game down the middle
Jimbob stated on one of his videos that it’s purely down to him finding that doing a series without seasons doesn’t go with his playstyle.
When did he say that? Not questioning you...shame though
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^^yep it's sad alright, I'm back into 17, have been for two or three days now. It's just the little things, the tractors sound amazing, the frame rates rock solid and I really don't miss landscaping at all. 19 is missing something special that 15 and 17 had that transformed me into a fulltime FS fan.

Also I have done a bit of research on FS's strongest potential competition "Kattle & Krops" (really GIANTS?? Changing their title to "command and conquer" when I preview..please note the spelling of Kattle is on purpose as well as Krops because apparently that title is not allowed on the forum if spelt correctly!!??) Anyway after doing some research I have reason to believe that the modder responsible for courseplay has been poached and is in the employ of the CnC team. Don't know how that will effect the mod courseplay coming to FS19. Anyone else heard or know about this?

A special thanks to BulletBill, your talent and ability are amazing and I would like to say that I and many, many others out there love your work and believe your mods were up there with the best.😻😸🐱
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 pm
When did he say that? Not questioning you...shame though
I think it was on one of his Estancia terraforming live-streams. I think he will be back though.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Thanks to those for your appreciative comments.
It's nice to know there are others who like the same sort of map style that I do, and get great enjoyment from it.

As to Courseplay, I heard that GIANTS are working with Satis and the Courseplay team to help them get it to work for FS19. But I haven't heard any official post about it.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I feel that FS19 has been grinding to an holt of late, Even though some mods are starting to show promise all is not well with FS19 the start launch of FS19 was dreadful and the fixes have been slow, and there are a lot of issues that were in FS17 that are still plaguing us in FS19. I can see why moder's are reluctant to make content for FS19 and Giants supporting moder's has been pretty bad of late, they have changed things around in GE that the likes of bill and many others relied on to make great maps, and what good are placeable's if you have to put them about 30 feet away from any other building? There has been too many bad decision from Giants instead of listening to what the moder's need. and yes I still go back to FS17 just to get back to some immersion in the game.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:06 pm I went back to 17 in the hope it would make me miss 19 and want to keep at it. 2 months now and it still hasn't managed that.

I do think the overall lighting and graphics while massive improvement in many areas seem just wrong in others.
Yes the colours were correct in FS17 but in FS19 they are far too vivid there are no pastel shades in FS19 it is all in your face. :shock:
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Titto wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 pm Hello everyone, I do not know if this is exactly where I have to ask my question.
I just entered the forum and between that and that English is not good for me, (I write with a Google translator), I'm lost.
How do I upload a map to modHud?
If someone wrote me the steps to follow I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
I think your post got lost in the conversation. I would post it in the modding section i feel its more likely get a response there. Welcome to the forum!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 pm It's been a while since I've been here. I'll be honest, I've quit playing FS. I've never went back to a previous version and I don't want to play the current version. Maybe I'll pick it up again in a year or so. I've always been a glass half full/give Giants a chance forum member, but 19 has put me off.
Im there with you atm. Im holding out hope because this is my most played series of games but atm im busy looking under rocks in Breath of the Wild.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
pingu

Post by pingu »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:06 pm The way you describe it, sounds exactly how I feel. It's not that FS19 is all bad, far from it. But the way it feels when you play it just doesn't have the same attraction that 17 still has.

I went back to 17 in the hope it would make me miss 19 and want to keep at it. 2 months now and it still hasn't managed that.

I do think the overall lighting and graphics while massive improvement in many areas seem just wrong in others.
That thing about the feeling again...

While I was disappointed with the issues and bugs of FS19 (and also how GIANTS went about certain things...), I of course like that fact that there is a new version out and that a company is dedicated to this type of a game. In the best of worlds the bugs and issues can be fixed. But the feeling I got when I have tried out FS19... It was not right for me. I have tried to describe what it is. That photorealistic machinery seems photoshopped into a graphic environment of another type, and they do not blend. That I don't find textures better than in FS17. Tress, bushes, etc. looks cartoonish to me. Some colors are oversaturated, but most seems faded in the light that looks like it's coming from a spotlight. It feels clinic and steril despite added details. And, again, I fully believe the basic stuff behind the new graphics are better. I understand that there was a need for something new. But I wonder if my feeling about it is due to what kind of a game FS is.

I guess every game (as time goes by) in generally benefit from 'better' graphics: resolution, details, lightning, shadows, and so on. I guess this is true for FPS games, or a truck simulator, or som sci-fi game taking place in an alien world, or some modern war-fare game with explosions and action. It will probably look cooler and better and more realistic. But for me a big part of my joy in playing FS is the feeling I get just standing on the farm looking at the nature, or driving the tractor on the field sowing a spring day or harvesting an autumn evening. And maybe that feel is not dependent on -- or even benefitting from -- the normal criteria for what makes up 'better graphics' in a game, but rather something else that is hard for me to put my finger on. Of course there are things in FS17 I would like to be 'better' in terms of graphics... Some proper 3D ground and wind noise and realistic rain and raindrops in puddles and moving clouds would be nice... But somehow I'm not sure that fixing all this would necessarily make the game better for me if it missed out on the feeling of just calmly being on a farm and being close to nature.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

Pingu

I think you nailed it. I felt the same way when I played the first day. The first day, I left work early, picked up two copies (two xboxes) and played when I got home. But 19 just didn’t feel right. I can’t put my figure on it either. It doesn’t feel as complete and connected as fs17.

I know a lot of people are bashing Giants, but I am not. Fs17 with all the mods is a hard act to follow up on. I am thankful that playing fs17 is still so fun. I just started a new farm on Welker Farms. I am very confident that soon fs19 will be cleaned up and rocking and rolling. Seasons will come to it as well and I think then with a few maps it will be better than fs17. Giants has a great game and I am sure they will continue to improve it.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

FS19 is a victim of FS17's success as far as I can see.