Is anyone still playing On FS17?

niggle44

Re: Is anyone still playing On FS17?

Post by niggle44 »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 am FS19 is a victim of FS17's success as far as I can see.
Totally agree - with all the mods and maps etc our expectations for 19 were so high, but ultimately smashed on the rocks of reality (so far)
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I think the "so far" is key here. I've only been playing FS since spring last year but my playing style and what I enjoy about the game has changed quite a lot over that time. I see quite a few posts from people saying how they've been playing since 2009 etc so their expectations and desires for a new game are going to be high. We all want "more" from a new game but what constitutes as "more" is different for everyone and may only be fulfilled by certain mods or features being added.
I do think the lighting and sounds are what's putting a lot of folk off though. The sound of the constant high rev's when using some equipment in the field, whilst may be true to real life, I can only bare for so long. I sold one of the bigger JD's in game because of this. So whilst having more simulation and realism in the game is great it's got to be balanced with long term playability.
Still cautiously optimistic I'll enjoy this game in the long term though.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

There's loads of maps and mods I never got round to trying in FS17 before the new game came out so I was always planning on continuing with 17. Loving the West Coast and just started on Oregon Springs which I'm really getting in to with some big American equipment farming as a total contrast to the West Coast.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Just asked a few friends about starting a multiplayer server for FS17. To my surprise I got quite a bit of interest.

I’m even still modding for 17. Modhub may be closed but there are still plenty of good sites to upload too.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Procobator wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:50 pm Just asked a few friends about starting a multiplayer server for FS17. To my surprise I got quite a bit of interest.

I’m even still modding for 17. Modhub may be closed but there are still plenty of good sites to upload too.
Same here.

Our FD Dedi server we run for the modteam, our testers and close friends has currently 12 members all signed up to it. Some are playing both 17 and 19 and some are playing just 17.

Most fun I've ever had on our server.
Titto

Post by Titto »

Preble 818 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:50 am
Titto wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 pm Hello everyone, I do not know if this is exactly where I have to ask my question.
I just entered the forum and between that and that English is not good for me, (I write with a Google translator), I'm lost.
How do I upload a map to modHud?
If someone wrote me the steps to follow I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
I think your post got lost in the conversation. I would post it in the modding section i feel its more likely get a response there. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you very much Preble 818
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

Yes. As long there is no Courseplay for FS19.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
eve333

Post by eve333 »

Just started playing FS17 again and OMG how i love that game. For me its seasons that makes all the difference, allong with a good map and the more realistic mods. Can't wait to have all of that with the graphics in FS19...