Chicken trailer required

jpm1

Re: Chicken trailer required

Post by jpm1 »

the problem it's that AFAIK there's no trailer for this IRL. IRL you mostly use this for chicken transport

but i think this could be a very nice compromise

because i fully agree on the fact that in game prices are desastrous. heck, even a fictional Lizard combi would do it :smileynew:
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Don't need a trailer, just throw 'em in the back of the pickup, maybe.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

jpm1 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm the problem it's that AFAIK there's no trailer for this IRL. IRL you mostly use this for chicken transport
There is actually a large chicken carrier, I see this in my area all the time.

Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Yep I've seen those too, would be nice to also have the normal flat deck
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Ghostlycandle28

Post by Ghostlycandle28 »

In the short term a price change for transporting chickens should fix it. At $15 a trip it would fit well under contracts. If only I had a trailer.
FS17 FS19 Xbox one X
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

So a trip takes about 5 minutes, at $15 per chicken the people shipping them are making a killing. Assume you can load 100 chickens on that truck, thats already 1500 per load. Now you can do 6 round trips in an hour, thats 9 grand an hour, with one operator, one truck.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I tried to make one, copying the joskin base trailer and adding chickens. Unfortunately there is no script in game for such transport and I haven’t had the opportunity to try and write one. Even if I could it wouldn’t be allowed on console, which is where I play primarily. So I scrapped that project for now and was going to try to mod the base Great Plains planter to plant everything except potatoes and sugarcane. I have been a bit short on time to mod lately so not sure when I’ll get around to that. Seeing over 200 mods in testing perhaps someone has beaten me to it.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:25 am There is actually a large chicken carrier, I see this in my area all the time.
personnally i don't see a trailer there. i see a trailer carrying cages. the problem with that kind of implementation, it's it clearly opens the door to meat trade. which is pretty controversial. i think the way Giants is dealing the subject in a velvety way. saying it could exist in game while, it also may not is a good way to proceed. that way both parties aren't upset, and there's no controversial, and thus no conflict. maybe they should think of implementing a system with small cages, or simpy drastically reduce the transport fees. animal transport even by mail, is not as pricey IRL as the game suggests it is
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 pm
Psychohate wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:20 pm
D3nnisd wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm
It costs 25 per chicken i think. Chickens sell for 50. But transport fee....

Kinda odd tho.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I only get $25 for selling chickens minus the $15 transport fee so basically only $10 per chicken. Don't think I've ever got $50. I'm on xbox one
Same here.
My bad, my memory left me alone with that. It's indeed 25 - 15 = 10 per chicken.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

jpm1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 am personnally i don't see a trailer there. i see a trailer carrying cages. the problem with that kind of implementation, it's it clearly opens the door to meat trade.
The meat trade? Ffs..I doubt anyone who finds this controversial is playing farming simulator in the first place.

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

jpm1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 am it's it clearly opens the door to meat trade. which is pretty controversial.
Controversial? One might not like something, or disagree with it, but it is part of the world, you know. Imagine medieval games leaving out everything we don't like... (e.g. as medieval games are as realistic as FS :p )
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Ghostlycandle28

Post by Ghostlycandle28 »

wildberry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:18 am
jpm1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 am it's it clearly opens the door to meat trade. which is pretty controversial.
Controversial? One might not like something, or disagree with it, but it is part of the world, you know. Imagine medieval games leaving out everything we don't like... (e.g. as medieval games are as realistic as FS :p )
[/quote. ]
agreed it's not controversial. Just ask the pigs. They do not make anything except bacon in the game so no argument from them.
FS17 FS19 Xbox one X
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Ghostlycandle28 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 am agreed it's not controversial. Just ask the pigs. They do not make anything except bacon in the game so no argument from them.
I don't even do the animals in the game as I see no joy in farming animals to get them killed for stupid reasons.

Been looking around and couldn't find any free to use OBJ model of a decent crate we might use to transport chickens in.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

wildberry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am I see no joy in farming animals to get them killed for stupid reasons.
Well from a 4th generation cattle farmer, I'll contemplate how stupid my burger is while I eat it

jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 pm
wildberry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am I see no joy in farming animals to get them killed for stupid reasons.
Well from a 4th generation cattle farmer, I'll contemplate how stupid my burger is while I eat it
listen i don't want to judge you in any way. but if some people eat meat, others don't, this is a fact. so personnally i think Giants has made the right choice not to introduce the meat trade in its game to avoid tensions. now please let's not make this thread be locked, and let's continue it peacefully *thumbsup*