chaos in the forum

Peter Griffin
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Peter Griffin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm

How would dividing the forum solve anything? You're still gonna get the same comments. They would just troll on all the forums still and put their 2 cents in just to stir the pot just like now
XBOX/ FS19

User avatar
PrincessJessi84
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 am

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:24 pm

the problems on this forum aren't specific to any platform.. their r no innocent sides.. and to say EVERY pc player all the time.. well that's just nonsense.. personally I don't really give a **** what platform u play on.. ultimately it changes literally nothing for me.. not one aspect of ANY part of my life is changed because u like playing on a given platform.. play the commodore version for all I care.. but in the end saying every pc player is like saying every console player.. there r trolls on both sides.. anyone who has been paying attention has watched a handful of people from both sides troll the forums.. there r even a handful of people who don't even own the game who get on here just to troll and "stir the pot".. the problem seems to be that its the internet and behind the protection of their screen and keyboard some people only know how to fight and cause problems.. but separating the forum isn't gonna fix anything.. in fact beyond the united community argument it could actually be harmful
PrincessGaming :gamer: Specs- Dell Inspiron, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8core @3ghz, 32gb DDR4 ram, AMD Radeon RX580 8gb VRam, 1tb HHD, 500gb SSD, Headtracker, TM Wheel/Pedals/Shifter

Lord_Beelzebub
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Lord_Beelzebub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:50 pm

iB055 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:05 am
michele1048 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 am
hello I ask the giants is it possible to divide the forum into players with PC, PS4, XBox1? it's chaos. thank you
All answers come from PC. This is a PC designed game therefore any and all relevant issues whether it be from PC, PS4 or XBOX it all would be resolved via PC.

Regardless it's always going to be PC vs Console no matter how it's set up.
Oh that’s nonsense, this game is equally developed for all platforms at the same time. There is no reason why there can’t be a section for PC users and one for console users. Virtually every other game developer has their forums set up this way.

I would also prefer it as I get tired of the people who think they are the elite PC players talking down to console players when we have issues. The game has to be modified to work correctly on console, we have unique issues with the game that PC players don’t.

Not having a separate section for console players to discuss the game or to report console specific bugs is nothing more than laziness. All a moderater has to do is click a few buttons on a webpage to create additional pages. Like I said, virtually all other games that are multi-platform are set up this way so don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done. They just don’t want to do it because that means more work modderating more pages.

You’d think you’d want your feedback and bug reports separated to make them easier to sort through and address, rather than in one big heaping steaming pile of brown stuff that you then have to stick you fingers in to sort through. Seperations of forums for different platforms easily does that for you. It’s the logic that virtually everyone else does for this very reason.
Last edited by Lord_Beelzebub on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eric21
Posts: 4713
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by eric21 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Wrong wrong wrong!! There was a vote last year and most people did not want a separation

Airborne82nd
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Airborne82nd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 pm

eric21 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Wrong wrong wrong!! There was a vote last year and most people did not want a separation
Well, when was this vote? And who voted? The "regulars' who may post here, who may indeed be the problem to a large extent? The fact is i would think, that many times the first place someone who just bought the game would go to pose a question, would be the Forum. Did they get a chance to vote?

When they come here to pose a question, about a feature, or a mod request, or map, or a technical problem, and being treated as if they're trying to rob something from somebodies PC grocery store for making a request or asking a question, is absolutely beyond the realm.

And these things would not happen, if someone posts these matters on the proper venue of the forum.

A 'General Discussion", leaves the matter open for everyone, and it is NOT a general discussion for everyone, but those of us on Consoles, if that's the matter brought up.

It's a great idea, and one i would have requested, if not for the fact Lisertan said they're moving away from a console format. But that was before we saw the record sales numbers, for which, i wouldn't move away from a public forums with numbers that large.

It's just a matter of properly organizing the forum, and when some smart alec from either side posts on a venue, in a matter that does not pertain to them, you report them, have their comment taken down, and if it continues, you boot them off the forums.

When someone posts on Don Apples section,, you're not going to see me there, being i do not play on Mac or PC, and have nothing to do with the discussions there.

I see the word "console" mentioned on these forums on a thread, i cringe as to what that unsuspecting person is going ro face, and it needs not be that way. It's easily rectified. That's just my view on the matter.

Lord_Beelzebub
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Lord_Beelzebub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Well then we need a new vote this year. I vote for separation for the reasons I stated.

When I’m trying to find other people’s threads that are specific to console, I don’t want to see PC user content, it doesn’t relate to me.

When someone comes out here and posts a problem with the game, PC users typically chime in saying they don’t experience the issue so they don’t think there is anything wrong, but little did they realize, the OP forgot to mention is was console specific.

I’ve seen way too many instances out here of that being the case, that’s what creates the chaos. When you have the elite PC players talking down to console players, that’s a clear indication that even though most people voted last year to have a combined forum board, they obviously don’t. Or when PC players create threads to say console players are too demanding and rude when requesting mod content, they obviously don’t.

I realize it was voted that way for a sense of “community” but if there was a section for each, I can still freely go into the PC users section and participate in discussion if I wanted to, and vise-versa. So what’s the problem?

Old-an-Slow
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Old-an-Slow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Keep all the users together.

Having all players together regardless of platform is the right way to go in the forum. Knocking around in General Discussion has been a great way to learn about new things, solve problems, gather information and share experiences. Splitting by platform would only make the forum harder to use and less informative. For every platform.

I would say that the popularity of FS19 has made the forum more busy than ever. Fastest selling version of the game I think? That means lots more of : duplicate questions, rants, complaints, problems reported and hopefully more praise and good stories too.
Farming on PS4

Lord_Beelzebub
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Lord_Beelzebub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm

I can agree with the “general discussion” section being for everyone as it is “general” things being discussed. But if you’re a PC user and I come out here and report controller button assignments not working correctly in the game, or the game crashes on me when I press X on the controller, is that a tread your going to care about? Most mostly not. While you can simply just skip over that thread and not read it, the pain comes from people who want to specifically search and find threads that only pertain to a topic or platform they play on or are interested in. All the threads compiled together in one section for all platforms makes it a pain.

User avatar
Bigfilmguy
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Stokes Croft Farm, UK

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Bigfilmguy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

don_apple wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm
For example, if you want to talk about something specific to the PS4 version of the game then put '[PS4]' at the beginning of the subject line.

Example instead of just writing 'Game is crashing' when you want to get assistance with a cash of the game on PS4, put '[PS4] Game is crashing' in the subject line. This way everybody is aware that the tread is about a specific issue on PS4.
Personally, I think this is probably the simplest and best solution possible. There is surely no need to split the forums if people started using this topic naming convention.
Viva la Valtra!

PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.

User avatar
redglasses
Posts: 4580
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: Farming land, Canada

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by redglasses » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Airborne82nd wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 pm
eric21 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Wrong wrong wrong!! There was a vote last year and most people did not want a separation
Well, when was this vote? And who voted? The "regulars' who may post here, who may indeed be the problem to a large extent? The fact is i would think, that many times the first place someone who just bought the game would go to pose a question, would be the Forum. Did they get a chance to vote?

When they come here to pose a question, about a feature, or a mod request, or map, or a technical problem, and being treated as if they're trying to rob something from somebodies PC grocery store for making a request or asking a question, is absolutely beyond the realm.

And these things would not happen, if someone posts these matters on the proper venue of the forum.

A 'General Discussion", leaves the matter open for everyone, and it is NOT a general discussion for everyone, but those of us on Consoles, if that's the matter brought up.

It's a great idea, and one i would have requested, if not for the fact Lisertan said they're moving away from a console format. But that was before we saw the record sales numbers, for which, i wouldn't move away from a public forums with numbers that large.

It's just a matter of properly organizing the forum, and when some smart alec from either side posts on a venue, in a matter that does not pertain to them, you report them, have their comment taken down, and if it continues, you boot them off the forums.

When someone posts on Don Apples section,, you're not going to see me there, being i do not play on Mac or PC, and have nothing to do with the discussions there.

I see the word "console" mentioned on these forums on a thread, i cringe as to what that unsuspecting person is going ro face, and it needs not be that way. It's easily rectified. That's just my view on the matter.
First off the regulars are the only ones who should actually be voting on that vote, people who don’t use the forum on the regular won’t have a full grasp on the situation.

Also this is how info gets mis-iterperated. Lis never said anything about moving away from consoles or moving away from the forums. He said it’s easier to get on discord and have a quick conversation the come and make a post on the forums. That’s why you don’t see him as often here.
Grizzly Mountain on xbox one (Thanks FDR)
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Have fun out on the fields :hi:

Lord_Beelzebub
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Lord_Beelzebub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

The thread naming convention is great in theory but I think we all know this doesn’t happen all the time, especially with new comers to the forums. And it still doesn’t help when doing a search. It’s makes it harder when search results come back with topics pertaining to PC that you don’t want to see or have to weed through to find what pertains to you or the platform you play on.

This all in one inclusive forum is doing nothing to prevent multiple topics on the same subject anyway. We have one General Disscussion area and look how many different threads get created on the same subject anyway.

You’re comments are great in theory, but it’s not making any difference. If it works so well, then why does virtually every other game developers forum board do the opposite? There is a legit reason and that’s why it’s done.

Airborne82nd
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Airborne82nd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:00 pm

redglasses wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 pm
Airborne82nd wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 pm
eric21 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Wrong wrong wrong!! There was a vote last year and most people did not want a separation
Well, when was this vote? And who voted? The "regulars' who may post here, who may indeed be the problem to a large extent? The fact is i would think, that many times the first place someone who just bought the game would go to pose a question, would be the Forum. Did they get a chance to vote?

When they come here to pose a question, about a feature, or a mod request, or map, or a technical problem, and being treated as if they're trying to rob something from somebodies PC grocery store for making a request or asking a question, is absolutely beyond the realm.

And these things would not happen, if someone posts these matters on the proper venue of the forum.

A 'General Discussion", leaves the matter open for everyone, and it is NOT a general discussion for everyone, but those of us on Consoles, if that's the matter brought up.

It's a great idea, and one i would have requested, if not for the fact Lisertan said they're moving away from a console format. But that was before we saw the record sales numbers, for which, i wouldn't move away from a public forums with numbers that large.

It's just a matter of properly organizing the forum, and when some smart alec from either side posts on a venue, in a matter that does not pertain to them, you report them, have their comment taken down, and if it continues, you boot them off the forums.

When someone posts on Don Apples section,, you're not going to see me there, being i do not play on Mac or PC, and have nothing to do with the discussions there.

I see the word "console" mentioned on these forums on a thread, i cringe as to what that unsuspecting person is going ro face, and it needs not be that way. It's easily rectified. That's just my view on the matter.
First off the regulars are the only ones who should actually be voting on that vote, people who don’t use the forum on the regular won’t have a full grasp on the situation.

Also this is how info gets mis-iterperated. Lis never said anything about moving away from consoles or moving away from the forums. He said it’s easier to get on discord and have a quick conversation the come and make a post on the forums. That’s why you don’t see him as often here.
Well, i submit the regulars are the ones causing the raucous, not the guy with one post asking for a map, brand or mod. It's the reaction by those stating 'they're so sick and tired of hearing the requests". That's the "regulars", and those in which you have to ask, why they would even respond or go to it, in so they wouldn't be sick of hearing it.

So, a case could be made, they're trolling, and trying to get a rise out of someone trying to ask a legitimate question.

I'm not for these votes at all. Not to mention, this is not really a democracy. It's a place of business, and a company and others give our business. And therefore, those who purchase the game, no matter the "vote" have a right to make requests, not get trolled or demeaned, and should have the proper venue for such matters in so there is no confusion, for those who generally may be.

As this other guy said, that's how most others seem to do it, and if anyone is in more of need to do it, this is the place.

As far as my speaking to Lisertans comments, as i said originally, "if Lisertans comments was misinterpreted, than the OP has a great idea".

And so, if if i misunderstood Lisertan, great news. Lets organize our forums.

Lord_Beelzebub
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Lord_Beelzebub » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm

The rational behind my comments was more in line with bug reporting, game play mechanics, etc that would be specific to a certain platform. A person who plays on PC isn’t going to be able to help troubleshoot my issues on console and vise versa. That was what I was trying to get at.

Airborne82nd
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Airborne82nd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm
The rational behind my comments was more in line with bug reporting, game play mechanics, etc that would be specific to a certain platform. A person who plays on PC isn’t going to be able to help troubleshoot my issues on console and vise versa. That was what I was trying to get at.
I think you're 100% right. As you said, every other site that's how they do it. PC is a different world over there in so many ways, and they just don''t have the issues we have on most of the requests and inquiries made.

A "General Discussion" would be "What happened on your farm today"? And is a thread going on now. Or "This American Map is terrible"? We all have access to the American Map, and could have a general discussion about it.

But when we get too "We need more maps on Console", or "When is more content coming to Console". Or other console related matters, that should all be on a console thread.

Not for PCers to come in and say "never gonna happen, being console can't handle it". Or "You have no right to demand anything, and if you want it, buy a PC or create the mod yourself" , and the like, are seemingly daily problems and issues. And many just don''t want to post, afraid of the reaction.

So, i would urge Giants to be knowledgeable in that these things are happening, and look at a better more organized way of doing things.

Lord_Beelzebub
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by Lord_Beelzebub » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:06 am

Exactly! You nailed it.

Post Reply