FS19 Lag - does anyone else have this?

Matt_S

Re: FS19 Lag - does anyone else have this?

Post by Matt_S »

Yes I definitely agree I need to get another 8gig of ram when I can... it is a brand new PC, I literally bought it just for this game so has nothing else installed on it other than steam and FS19.

I get the lag all the time, I tried a brand new map with literally nothing on it and still got it. Seems to be more of an in vehicle thing than anything else, it's a lag of about 0.5 - 1 second freeze every 15 - 20 seconds... (excuse the non specific and non technical info, I really am not as sharp as most of u on Pc's). It is MUCH less noticeable when not in 1st person view... if I drive a vehicle and go to 3rd person it hardly affects my game at all (still there but I can put up with it).

Just annoyed so many of us have this issue.. you really shouldn't need to spend over £1000 to get a PC to run FS.

As I said before, I have tried lower graphics settings and stuff but still same issue. Only thing I haven't tried as some have suggested is turning V-Sync off (which I will try on my next play).
svkb

Post by svkb »

I'm not sure you need more ram (obviously it wouldn't hurt). When I'm playing I've never seen it above 5 GB of system ram.

What you described above though sounds different than the micro stutters that we were talking about a few posts back. What I was referring to was literally a millisecond interruption in the frames, just enough to make the tires look like they were skipping. A 1 second pause sounds different to me. I'd be looking at mods if you have them. I know in FS17 there was one version of courseplay that when I had a helper (using courseplay) offloading from combine to truck it would do the 1 second pause exactly as you describe. (about once every 20 seconds) If I didn't use the worker it was fine. In the next courseplay update that issue was gone for me.

Not sure if it's a mod issue for you but it might be a place to start. Try uninstalling all the mods from the mod folder and see if you still have the issue. If it's gone, start adding them back one at a time until you find the offending mod.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

I will try exactly that thankyou. I do have a few.

The only reason I (kind of) ruled out mods was because I watch a lot of daggerwin's vids on YouTube and he seems to have a similar issue to me... and we don't have the same mods installed.

His lag seems to be worse than mine but less frequent. So perhaps it is a different mod making two similar but different issues.

I will try this so anyone's and everyone's advise and opinions are welcomed, because as I say, I can follow instructions on a PC and not completely illiterate, but don't really understand things to the level a lot of you do... so it's all helpful thanks
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

I agree in this case it probably isn't the ram causing this particular issue, I see you mention it's a brand new pc so I'm wondering if you could do with some driver updates for pretty much everything, check to see if your drivers are up to date, especially the video card driver. And definitely try exiting the game, rename the mod folder and start a new save game with a new base game map to see if it's any different, this way you can rule out mods altogether, if it is better then you can try the divide and conquer method of finding the naughty mod.
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Slightly off topic, but as I seem to have a few people paying attention at the moment...

Is there anything I can do with my NVIDEA settings that may help at all? Of course I will 100% be checking mods as u mentioned above regardless...

Just I opened the NVIDEA control panel thing and was like NOPE not touching that! (Refering to my lack of understanding not nvidea's fault for anyone just joining in) Lol
svkb

Post by svkb »

Something that I do is open the NVIDIA settings and then go to manage 3D settings, make sure you are on the Global Settings tab. Find the option for Power Management Mode and set it to Prefer Maximum Performance. I'm not at home right now to check my settings but that's an easy one to make sure your GPU is never lacking for power. Not sure if it makes a difference in this game or not but I have seen positive results in other games by changing to this setting.

Here's a decent explanation of what it does. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... erformance
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

There is a setting somewhere that optimizes farming simulator for your system but I don't recall where. It's linked to software for your video card. I'm in bed now or I'd check my pc for you.
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Well sleep well dude but if you get a chance to check that out at any point I would really appreciate it.

Will also check those settings @ svkb
Ghostlycandle28

Post by Ghostlycandle28 »

Yes it is the game. Here is a work around for the moment until the QA team get their priorities right and fix the bugs instead of keeping their fingers in their ears. In your vehicle overview screen make sure you have nothing red. This is linked to maintenance and will slow your gear down. Maintain your tractors or they will slow down. Keep your slots to a minimum or your game will slow down. Don't keep pallets or boxes of eggs or big bags of fertiliser laying around or you will slow down. They are listed under maintenance and devalue over time. The maintenance is multiplied. The more helpers you have working on dirt. Check in the vehicle overview for items you can be without. Always remember that the forum has people trying to take pressure off Giants on this issue to get it fixed. Stay on the forum a give us updates regularly on your problem. For those of you that think it is something else by all means tell us. The easiest check for this is just start a new save game. If you still have the problem then check for hardware heat. Failing that shout it out loud and strong on the forum. Lisertan has promised to employ more QA people and has already sent out a job vacancy to assist him in his roll. Well done Lars.
FS17 FS19 Xbox one X
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Yeah I am aware that people will try to take the pressure off giants, but if it helps me and others like me that read this then I can't complain and can only thank everyone for their advise.

As for everything you mentioned, as previously mentioned, I have started a new saved game with NOTHING on the map apart from bought 1 new vehicle to try it and I still get the lag.

I am yet to try out removing mods incase this isn't GIANTS fault but will do on my next start-up tomorrow.

We all know GIANTS need to do a little better and many of us have frustrations regarding bugs and issues on release... I could list many many things that I think need to be a lot better... but I don't want to take this thread to where all other threads end up going. Lol

List is doing a great job and hopefully he reads this and can in time give us a response that GIANTS are working on some of these bugs... until then, community workarounds work well for both GIANTS & the end user.

I will continue to post progress on this issue of course
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

Matt_S wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 pm Well sleep well dude but if you get a chance to check that out at any point I would really appreciate it.

Will also check those settings @ svkb
It's called GeForce Experience, and in there it can auto optimize the game settings for you, I'm unclear if you have to launch it via that to work though. You may need to set up your Nvidia account first. Oh and sometimes there are drivers made for specific games you own and you can access this feature in there too.
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Thanks I have had a look at that and made a few changes based on a bit of Google work...

So so far I have tried the following:

• Check all drivers are up to date
• Reduced graphic settings on game
•Changed Nvidea settings to use max power etc
• Removed ALL mods
• turned off V-sync (also tried this with Nvidea settings on v-sync "fast" option)
• Ensured nothing is running in the background of my PC slowing it down at all

I have tried these things all together and of course one by one by one by one to try to find what helps...

After making these changes individual and together, I then started a new saved game (with NO mods or vehicles) and just bought one tractor to drive around in and see if I experienced any lag.

After every and all changes, I still experienced lag! Yes It is not as bad as before so perhaps a mod was making things worse... but I cannot ELIMINATE the issue.

I also wonder if it will be just as bad as before when I get a full farm with more vehicles, mods and bales etc...

Conclusion so far...

GIANTS haven't quite optimised the game 100% yet and I hope and pray that they do so because this is just crazy. I have now seen other threads and other forums and it would seem that I am one person experiencing this out of MANY MANY more...

I have now put NVidea settings back to normal as appose to max power as can't see the point in pushing my hardware if it isn't going to help (kind of proving this isn't a hardware issue).

I will still try any sensible suggestions you guys and girls have for me as I am genuinely thankful and always willing to welcome advise.

Just to note also: v-sync caused such awful screen tear that I cannot honestly say if it helped with the lag or not as I lasted about 2 seconds before closing.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Take a look at this post!

viewtopic.php?t=134561

It gave me almost 20fps +
svkb

Post by svkb »

Going to revive this thread....
I'm still trying to capture the elusive constant 60 fps beast. There are several maps that I'd just love to use because they're beautifully detailed with nice big fields but it seems no matter what I try, eventually I get FPS drops. Not severe mind you, from 60 down to 55 at the most but on a 60 hz tv this is really jarring. I've checked my logs and there are a few warnings in there but no errors. This is really frustrating especially considering that my gpu is never running above 80% even in the most demanding location and my cpu never above 70% My resolution is set to 4K with 10% oversampling and no anti aliasing.

Has anyone had any success in stabilizing the FPS in this game?? Or are these maps that I want to use just poorly optimized? One of these maps is the Michigan map. That map is beautiful but the small FPS drops are intolerable for me.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

I still haven't solved this. I stopped playing a few weeks ago and just giving the game a few months to be optimised etc.

It is unplayable for me and the way I like to play... was just too frustrating to enjoy.

I know there are some workarounds of things u can maybe do to help, but my argument is I shouldn't have to. I forked out on a machine EASILY capable of running this without trouble... so why should I have to swat up on things to do to make it smoother... that is GIANTS job. I am not a hater, not at all, but I am just fed up of all the bugs that still aren't fixed. I will try again in May ish time when hopefully seasons and a few other things are out to make the game good.

Sad times