why im done with FS

CatNoir
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:21 pm

why im done with FS

Post by CatNoir » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am

Good morning.
First things first - i really respect Giants and their work. but.. this is my review and opinion.

so.. you have been working 2 years on game wich is despite amazing machinery graphics almost the same as fs17. yeah ok we have new cloud and lighting system wich doesnt work and there is light jump between day parts wich looks.... pretty 1995 games. We have flying cotton bales over fields, rain in farmhouse wich was for 350k ingame price. No raindrops on windows. The loose straw looks like from minecraft. Crashing game - yesterday it happened 3x and i lost about 10hrs of play. if i breed animals and i have 100 pigs it about 106k litres of corn... when i grow them to 200 pieces its about 180k of corn, but.... if i will sell 100 pieces of those pigs, the maximum capacity of food drop to 106k litres so im loosing 74k of my crops for nothing. thanks! this AA indie game called simulator (and there is no simulation at all if we dont have seasons ingame already) cost with premium pass around 105€, wich is a cost of AAA massive games. Please, dont tell me its because we can sell it. we cant if we will download it from ps store :)

9.1. you are testing christmass tree... is this a kind of joke? otherwise i cant understand it. and those sheds and weights? are you really testing another sheds and weights? ok, there is not enough of weights on consoles and it will be a game changer.
I think, you should check just the license as you have contracts with brands and the mod testing let on players. if we are able to rate every single mod and if its not working, we can delete it... i dont know.

this and a lot of more (but i dont want it to look like a hate wich is really not) put me to the point that im not going to buy FS21. Me, and as i see many, many more players are planning to stay on FS19 with all mods we well get till 21.

Of course i see good things too. machinery graphics is amazing. absolutely amazing. sounds are very good.. buildings graphics is nice. but... thats all... two boring ingame maps... with this terraforming tool im doing more interresting ones. sorry.

i hope you will not delete this post, as its i think constructive criticism, not hate (i repeat it for third time).

you should reconsider you politics. maybe give up mobile and ipad gaming and be a grown up company. Players are demanding more, but not that much i think. there is a lot of rivals breathing at your back nowadays.... :)

With respect for your work

Cat Noir

User avatar
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:05 am

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Lisertan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am

Hey,

I'm not even sure I want to respond on a rant like this to be honest, but there is so much misinformation in this rant that I feel this is a good chance to clear up some things.
CatNoir wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am
so.. you have been working 2 years on game wich is despite amazing machinery graphics almost the same as fs17.
Apart from
  • A new mission system
  • Farm building
  • Horses
  • New Multiplayer
Yeah I see, same as 17 only with clouds...

CatNoir wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am
9.1. you are testing christmass tree... is this a kind of joke? otherwise i cant understand it. and those sheds and weights? are you really testing another sheds and weights? ok, there is not enough of weights on consoles and it will be a game changer.
I think, you should check just the license as you have contracts with brands and the mod testing let on players. if we are able to rate every single mod and if its not working, we can delete it... i dont know.
Mods are created by our players (modders) and we test what they send us. You don't like what other players do? Fine. You blame us for it? Weird and you think players can test mods and see if they run for example on console and stuff before we upload them? Sorry, no.

This whole paragraph shows that you don't know how mods work or what they are. I don't blame you, that's fine. It really is, but you need to understand that mods are created by the players not by GIANTS and that we test what we get and we are quite proud that we can do that to be honest. Our modders are an amazing bunch and I think we should do what we do.


CatNoir wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am
thats all... two boring ingame maps... with this terraforming tool im doing more interresting ones. sorry.
That's a matter of taste. As a sitenote: Our maps need to work with every system we support, that limits us in some regards. Modders create amazing maps that won't run on every system and that's fine, but we can't (and don't want to) do that.

CatNoir wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am
i hope you will not delete this post, as its i think constructive criticism, not hate (i repeat it for third time).
It really is not. There is nothing constructive in here, it's basically a rant and a misinformed one at that.

CatNoir wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am
you should reconsider you politics. maybe give up mobile and ipad gaming and be a grown up company.
That's super constructive right here (and it's only one example).

Cheers
Lis
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon

hmmm1810
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by hmmm1810 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:12 am

Well said lis.

Edit by Guil. Please dont quote the most recent post, especially a whopper like that. :lol:

User avatar
IceUul
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:07 pm
Location: EU

Re: why im done with FS

Post by IceUul » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 am

2 years in development? Really? So starting from november the FS21 is already in development? Is now right time to post my wishes to FS21?
I think there are also bug fixing, Giants free mods, DLC-s, mobile version game, so i do not think the game has been in development for 2 years

User avatar
wildberry
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: State of Mind

Re: why im done with FS

Post by wildberry » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am

Lisertan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am
It really is not. There is nothing constructive in here, it's basically a rant and a misinformed one at that.
Although I disagree OP was ranting, I think it is cool you took the time to answer him in such detail, Lis *thumbsup*
MC, aka Master of Cereals

User avatar
Toutafait
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 am

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Toutafait » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 am

Ain't games evolving over time with patches and stuff now a day though? I mean they are in constant development
And i think Giant is really nice to test Mods, it's makes Modders proud of themselves
Toutafait

Matt_S
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Matt_S » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 am

Well said Lis,

I do still think a lot of us have a few bugs to bare with FS19 regarding the release with lots of broken details within the game, but for the most part GIANTS do seem to be trying to fix this.

I do agree with some of what was said though, I have been left disappointed with my purchase a little bit, but I know the modders (and most importantly WITH GIANTS SUPPORT) will make this game all it can be... So I can patiently wait as many others will do so as well.

I would also bet good money that he does buy FS21 HAHAHA

I'm guessing the Christmas tree in testing reference was to the fact Christmas is now gone? I did laugh when I saw your post on that Lis but I guess GIANTS test mods in the order they come in, if so, it makes sense even if it is not now relevant... because after all... fair is fair!

End of the day, the game is improving every day, Seasons mod is in progress and IS coming, other great mods and maps also... So give it 6 months, and this game will be a game changer IMO!

thumbwiz
Posts: 731
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by thumbwiz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am

Lisertan, I think you missed his point with regards to mods being tested. He is saying that giants is not testing mods in the best order (in his opinion).
Priority should be given to mods that support all platforms.
Then prioritize mods that are not so common (sheds and weights are common and plenty).
Then test mods that are kind of pointless at this date (Christmas trees).
I realize mods are probably being tested in order of submission, but some might agree this should change.

I believe the point he is trying to make with regards to the price is that the amount of new content doesn't support the AA or AAA price tag. A game that relies so heavily on after-release debugging and almost totally on mod support should have a price to match the effort. Giants has added new features yes, but some have been removed as well.

With regards to politics, it seems he is talking about Giants focus and that more should be placed on growing the company in order to deliver more of what your customers are asking for.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada

User avatar
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:05 am

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Lisertan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am

I'm not arguing that a Christmastree is silly now that Christmas is over. I even think the modder who made it will (rightfully so) be a bit mad that we couldn't test it faster. This is an entirely different problem and we will fix it by hiring more QA people to get through things faster and find bugs faster ect, but in general it is what it is. The very first mods are usually weights and yeah I see why people don't want 100 weights as mods, but if our players create 100 of them, then we WILL test them and we WILL release them. I think we owe them that.

I also totally see why people do not like aspects of the game and that is fine. We need that feedback, we really do. We went to get better after all so constructive criticism is absolutely needed and welcomed and I think you will never ever see me deleting or closing such threads because I love to read what you guy think, positive and negative.

However, in order for feedback to be useful, it needs to have details. "Testing this *censored*" or "yo, grow up company" is not helpful. What am I supposed to do with that? If you give feedback, always imagine me walking into a meeting with the bosses (because that's what I actually do) and telling them what you have told me. So if I enter a room and go: There is this cats dude and he wants us to grow up - what do you guys think the company will do?

Keep the feedback coming, but make sure it's useful, that's what we need.


Cheers
Lis
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon

User avatar
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:05 am

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Lisertan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:58 am

thumbwiz wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am
Lisertan, I think you missed his point with regards to mods being tested. He is saying that giants is not testing mods in the best order (in his opinion).
Priority should be given to mods that support all platforms.
Then prioritize mods that are not so common (sheds and weights are common and plenty).
Then test mods that are kind of pointless at this date (Christmas trees).
I realize mods are probably being tested in order of submission, but some might agree this should change.

I believe the point he is trying to make with regards to the price is that the amount of new content doesn't support the AA or AAA price tag. A game that relies so heavily on after-release debugging and almost totally on mod support should have a price to match the effort. Giants has added new features yes, but some have been removed as well.

With regards to politics, it seems he is talking about Giants focus and that more should be placed on growing the company in order to deliver more of what your customers are asking for.

See? That's what I'm talking about. THIS is good feedback right here. Thank you.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon

eric21
Posts: 4879
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by eric21 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:02 pm

There's constructive feedback and there is just ranting. If something you don't like then explain why did you don't like it, not like " I'm not playing blit because of this etc" and that's it.

CatNoir
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by CatNoir » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm

thumbwiz - amen... you are the only one apparently who get my point.

im ok with your arrogant answer lisertan as you take it as ranting.. its fine. i know nowadays that companies make donkies of player base.

so to your responds -

missions system...... doesnt work when weeds are on.. because all fileds are filled with weeds and no contracts shows. yes i can take as much time as i want - cool. missions were bugged af. after leasing items for doing the contract many times the contract just disappeared.

farm building.... wow such an honor to build after atleast 50hrs + a house where rains into.

horses.... good for money, strange movement of horse. but yes, somethnig really new.

new multiplayer... i had try.. lagging af


about mods - dont push me to the site i dont understand how it works. i know its not Giants who made mods and massive respect to all modders, because they really make the game.

maps - so you basicaly said that your engine is bad and the pc players will get all the time far better content. ok........


dont know how many times i have to write that this is not hate or as you call it ranting... it feedback from player whos playing over 17 years across platforms.
its feedback from a player who saw all pre release videos, preordered the game in wish to support you as much as i can.

and to be honest... take a look on youtube, i mean... not the tubers you pay for gameplay and they are not allowed to talk about problems. take a look in comments under the gameplays of independent tubers you will maybe see im absolutely not the only one with those opinions.

and you forget to make an id*ot from me in case of seasons.. guess you actualy dont even want to open this topic.

im pretty sad how you have responded me. its ok. i will stick to FS19 and dont expect that huge money amount from me anymore.

peace

User avatar
IceUul
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:07 pm
Location: EU

Re: why im done with FS

Post by IceUul » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm

@CatNoir

All the bugs you have mentioned should reported @bugs section in this forum. I am on PC and i do not have any of them. Also if i remove the animals from stables, the food is not disappearing.

Matt_S
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Matt_S » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm

CatNoir...

I think most of us (INCLUDING Listerian) see your point, and we all know the game has many faults - but sorry dude, the way you are putting it accross IS ranting. I will try to say this before he does so you can hate on me instead of him haha.

I FULLY get your point, I spent £900 on a gaming PC this year JUST to play FS19! why? because in years gone by I have always played FS on console and got fed up of seeing all the cool stuff the PC players had that I could not have on console...

BUT there is a reason for this... PC's ARE more powerful than consoles. They do have more options to get inside files and edit things easier... this is just how it is... I am not a console hater, I still play ALL other games on PS4... but I loved the FS series and wanted to get the best from it so made the decision to treat myself. Some will say this is foolish.. it's fine, whatever. But the FACT is, PC's give more options than consoles and do not require company's like SONY or MICROSOFT to sign off on every single mod released...

I try to leave constructive feedback, but similarly to you, I end up ranting (and NEVER mean to)... it's hard, it's a skill.

We could all list 100 things we want more in FS19 and 100 other things that still are not quite right... but there are ways to go about doing this. Personally, my no.1 is lack of GPS in a game with modern machines that would have this IRL, but it's too late to "moan" about that... because it will come in a mod eventually.

As for the price... I disagree (odly), I think we pay the premium price because GIANTS have to continue doing so much work as the HUGELY support the modders (testing etc)... So I think thats where the price is justified IMO.

We all have our opinions.. it is what it is... but you cannot escape the fact that consoles have limitations that PC's don't... it's not hate, it's just a FACT

User avatar
Guil
Moderator
Posts: 5279
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: why im done with FS

Post by Guil » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Have you updated the game? Doesn't sound like it because the weeds all over ai fields were patched.

Post Reply