Can't open game download

Rodbram

Can't open game download

Post by Rodbram » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Have just downloaded FS2019 from Giants site but wont let me open or install from the saved Download site. on windows 10. When I attempt to open the download it asks me open with but will not accept any of the options.
What am I doing wrong??

FARMBOSS

Re: Can't open game download

Post by FARMBOSS » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 pm

OK, I will try to help you even than I am not a fan of Win10, you should try Linux instead.

Once you download the game, it will be saved as a .rar or .zip folder. Inside of that .rar or. zip folder you will find the FS19.exe and some extras mods.
What you need to do, is to extract the .rar or .zip folder using a program like Winrar for example. Once it extracted, it will create a new folder with the contents, inside there you will find the FS19.exe

Now, if you will still face troubles, I suggest you try to re download the game again.

Windows 10 is one of the biggest flops of Microsoft. XP was their best Operating System, Win7 is good too, but Win10? no thanx:)

By the way, tell me, is your Windows 10 a 32bit version or 64bit? Because if is 32bit then you CANNOT run the program. You should have 64bit Windows.

Farming Simulator 19 runs only on 64bit Windows.

Rodbram

Post by Rodbram » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm

64 bit and the file shows as an image file.

FARMBOSS

Post by FARMBOSS » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 am

OK, try this:

Since is an .iso you need to mount it. Right click on it and select " Mount" . That will create a virtual dvd/drive for you. Inside there, you will find the fs19.exe

EDIT : Let me know if everything went OK, or if you will need any additional help. Happy Farming.

Rodbram

Post by Rodbram » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 am

Ok have unzipped file and downloaded it but now coming up with file corrupted error. I guess only way is to download complete file again and retry

Rodbram

Post by Rodbram » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 am

Ok file still corrupted but when I go to the download site it wants my key which was erased when i clicked the original download link. How the hell do I get my key back so I can download the file again. This is becoming a disaster now I wish I had purchased this from steam instead of the Giants site.

FARMBOSS

Post by FARMBOSS » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:41 am

This is from Giant's support:

" If you cannot open the installer to set up the game, then the file has probably been corrupted while downloading.
To avoid this problem from happening, please do not use any download-managers (such as the Softonic Download Manager) or download helper addons, because they can cause problems. Please also try different browsers (Internet Explorer / Firefox / Chrome) to download the file again.
In addition, please check your firewall(s) and antivirus settings, that they don't block the connection.
Please check the file size as well. Maybe you didn't download the complete installer, because the internet connection got interrupted."

By the way,when you purchased the game, you gave your email address, correct? Check your emails and you will have your key there. If not, contact Giants with the email address you included in your order

Their email : support@giants-software.com

Rodbram

Post by Rodbram » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 am

Yep understood but I did use the Giants official download site but still got corrupted. And no the email they sent has disappeared from my email list as soon as I clicked the link. My fault as I didn't record it thinking I would after I installed it.
Have Emailed Qiants to see if I can recover it.

Thanks