More old tractors coming?

Deadeye

Re: More old tractors coming?

Post by Deadeye » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 am

Addictedtofs wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 am
I've never understood how these brands see the farming simulator games as advertising. Do they think that the average gamer is going to suddenly have hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on a tractor to mow their front yard? Why do they care so much how they are represented? How many gamers are suddenly going to go buy a farm? I could never afford mine if my grandpa hadn't left it too me.
Farming is quite a tough living anymore. My area used to have dairy farms everywhere. Now there are fewer and fewer. Many of those that have managed to survive sold off their dairy herds and bought beef cattle. Those that are still milking have certainly had to adapt. I've always felt the same way about the advertising too. Granted, it is free advertising, but it is unlikely that many players will quit their day jobs and decide to start farming, let alone the cost of it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:56 am

Dogface wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:15 am
olskool farmer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:28 pm
stop MY bickering? whatever Mr.Pc go gloat elsewhere sorry if SOME of us want to see something other than "Christmas trees and lawn chairs *thumbsdown* and redglasses AMEN to that bro
It would be funny if the modder who made the much hated Christmas Tree also made old tractors.
Yes it sure would :wink3:

Poor little tree is sure getting a lot of undeserved, blindly ignorant, misdirected hate mail through no fault of its own.

I think it’s a nice tree and I appreciate all your past work and I hope you choose to keep at it.

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 am

Dogface wrote:

It would be funny if the modder who made the much hated Christmas Tree also made old tractors.
Is that a hint about a certain classics pack? I do miss some of those old machines 🚜

Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:42 am

There is a strong rumor that claas might be a DLC but it is only a rumor so don't hold your breath.

olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 am

Dogface wrote:
olskool farmer wrote:
stop MY bickering? whatever Mr.Pc go gloat elsewhere sorry if SOME of us want to see something other than "Christmas trees and lawn chairs *thumbsdown* and redglasses AMEN to that bro
Don't get me wrong it's a nice tree,just expecting more tractors and machinery,I saw a bunch of tractors and such but I then saw the dredded "for PC/MAC only and I was like surely that would come to consoles as well...that is an AWESOME tractor and lately all I've seen is decorations and junkmail,and when you look forward to seeing more vehicles,tractors,combines,etc it can get a person in an AWWW C'MON MAN!!! kind of mood I see you are a modder did mean for any offence just felt really bummed out at that moment,sorry for sounding a bit harsh

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 am

olskool farmer wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 am
Dogface wrote:
olskool farmer wrote:
Don't get me wrong it's a nice tree,just expecting more tractors and machinery,I saw a bunch of tractors and such but I then saw the dredded "for PC/MAC only and I was like surely that would come to consoles as well...that is an AWESOME tractor and lately all I've seen is decorations and junkmail,and when you look forward to seeing more vehicles,tractors,combines,etc it can get a person in an AWWW C'MON MAN!!! kind of mood I see you are a modder did mean for any offence just felt really bummed out at that moment,sorry for sounding a bit harsh
Ummmm…. Dogface is not just A MODDER.... I'll let you do your own research on this topic....

olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:45 am

*thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* ummmm ....what??? he's more than just a modder,I have no clue what else he does but I do love his mods,no need for you to sound like such a jerk about it,I'm new to the forum OK!!! so ummmmmm... DON'T BE A PRICK!!!
Last edited by olskool farmer on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:57 am

I hope there is also a Claas addon as well,awesome tractors too,I'm happy John Deeres arrived to consoles as well,it about time we get some of the wealth rather than the PC guys ALWAYS getting everything and then rubbing into those who don't have a PC's face,sorry if some of us can't afford the lastest and greatest PC That cost hundreds if not over a thousand dollars,not all of us are Daddy Warbucks you know

Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 am

olskool farmer wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:45 am
*thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* ummmm ....what??? he's more than just a modder,I have no clue what else he does but I do love his mods,no need for you to sound like such a jerk about it,I'm new to the forum OK!!! so ummmmmm... DON'T BE A PRICK!!!
Really? The one yelling that out in caps with exclamation marks isn't the "prick". Well if your new to the forum you have obviously joined for a rant because demanding mods and telling a modder that you like his mods but then saying it is silly Giants is testing stuff like this is actually kind of a "prick" move.
olskool farmer wrote:
Don't get me wrong it's a nice tree,just expecting more tractors and machinery,
sorry for sounding a bit harsh
Expecting is the big word here. You can't expect anything to happen with mods. Who said mods just come because people expect them to come. No-one makes mods because the community expects them to come. Be patient. That's something you can learn from what people's responses have said.
G'day

olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:37 am

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 am
olskool farmer wrote:
Really? The one yelling that out in caps with exclamation marks isn't the "prick". Well if your new to the forum you have obviously joined for a rant because demanding mods and telling a modder that you like his mods but then saying it is silly Giants is testing stuff like this is actually kind of a "prick" move.
olskool farmer wrote:
Don't get me wrong it's a nice tree,just expecting more tractors and machinery,
sorry for sounding a bit harsh
Expecting is the big word here. You can't expect anything to happen with mods. Who said mods just come because people expect them to come. No-one makes mods because the community expects them to come. Be patient. That's something you can learn from what people's responses have said.
I get that and no offense ment and what I meant was that it's silly that xbox and sony throw such a stink about licensing issues,and telling someone something starting with ummmmm and pretty much saying go figure it out for yourself to someone who's new and doesn't know a whole lot,that's very rude and uncalled for so yeah...sounds like something a prick would do so why defend he who's got the attitude problem? and I'm not the one who's rude to newbies ok,so yeah "Mr.Ummmmmmm" is the prick not me but whatever as far as that punk is concerned I'm sorry I'm the bad guy for being new,and yes I'll be patient and I get the point and no "rant" intended
Last edited by olskool farmer on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:41 am

olskool farmer wrote:
so yeah "Mr.Ummmmmmm" is the prick not me but whatever as far as that punk is cocerned I'm sorry
Who's "Mr.Ummmmmmm"?
G'day

Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:45 am

Licencing is for a reason. If a manufacturer doesn't want there tractors in the game, they don't. It's like Porsche being in Forza or any racing game. Until a while ago Porsche wouldn't agree to any licensing deals with software companys because they didn't want there cars being smashed up in the game. Eventually they made licensing agreements with many company's and now they are in a lot of games.
G'day

olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 am

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:41 am
olskool farmer wrote:
so yeah "Mr.Ummmmmmm" is the prick not me but whatever as far as that punk is cocerned I'm sorry
Who's "Mr.Ummmmmmm"?
the big mouth who's being as rude as they come saying ummmmm...he's more than just a modder....I'll let you figure that out, well sorry I don't know a whole lot yet and I'm new on here it would be nice if people could be helpful rather than being mean about it

Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:55 am

olskool farmer wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 am
Husqvarna TS 352 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:41 am
olskool farmer wrote:
Who's "Mr.Ummmmmmm"?
the big mouth who's being as rude as they come saying ummmmm...he's more than just a modder....I'll let you figure that out, well sorry I don't know a whole lot yet and I'm new on here it would be nice if people could be helpful rather than being mean about it
Your not being very helpful yourself
G'day

olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:07 am

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:45 am
Licencing is for a reason. If a manufacturer doesn't want there tractors in the game, they don't. It's like Porsche being in Forza or any racing game. Until a while ago Porsche wouldn't agree to any licensing deals with software companys because they didn't want there cars being smashed up in the game. Eventually they made licensing agreements with many company's and now they are in a lot of games.
i get that and I'm also big into forza,and I remember that whole deal,it stank but in the end I'm glad they finally allowed it,yeah some people get their jollies out of mindlessly smashing cars while most people drive them right,yeah that can ruin it for those who don't smash things up,like on here,all the tractors I have I use them and like to drive them around as well and I don't try to smash them up or do anything crazy,yeah it's fun to do hill climbs and such with them but nothing crazy and thanks for explaining that to me and now I understand thanks man