Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Farmer jimmy

Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Post by Farmer jimmy »

Is there and mod or way to edit the game file so I can keep the sounds of machines the same level when I zoom out just like FS 17 which was away better in my opinion
szechla

Re: Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Post by szechla »

not that i am aware of
and yes, i am not a fan of it either

i mean, i understand the reasoning behind it - after all in real life the sound volume decreases with distance between source and observer, but in game i want to hear the machine sounds and be able to zoom out to actually see what the implement is doing (especially the larger ones need to be zoomed out quite a bit to see entire machine), and by then the sound is barely audible
W1der

Re: Any one else hate the sound of machines going so low when u zoom out as much as I do

Post by W1der »

The reasoning behind hit is not really logic ...

No matter what zoom level I am at ... the character is still in the cabin of the vehicle.
So if GIANTS are aiming for "realism" the only thing we should here is the in cabin sound ... but I believe the complaints would be even greater if they designed it that way.
Also ... all other sounds are NOT muted (only engine sound) ... which makes it completely mind wrecking really!

Basically ... the difference between min/max volume is to great and needs to be adjusted, even if you compare the in cabin sound and the sound right next to a vehicle.

If I turn the volume up to be able to hear the engine while in cabin view ... it goes way to loud if I use the outside camera view and disappears almost completely when zoomed out max!
It is really annoying!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmer jimmy

Post by Farmer jimmy »

szechla wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 pm not that i am aware of
and yes, i am not a fan of it either

i mean, i understand the reasoning behind it - after all in real life the sound volume decreases with distance between source and observer, but in game i want to hear the machine sounds and be able to zoom out to actually see what the implement is doing (especially the larger ones need to be zoomed out quite a bit to see entire machine), and by then the sound is barely audible

It makes no sense to me because if that's the case the sound of the radio sohuld go down as well but it doesn't and that's another big problem even have the radio at 10% when I zoom out the radio is blareing and I can't hear machine I have my monitor upto 10 on FS 17 and in 19 I have it at 50 and when I go in cab it's blaring hopefully they add an up date where we can change this but I doubt it
Farmer jimmy

Post by Farmer jimmy »

W1der wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:26 pm The reasoning behind hit is not really logic ...

No matter what zoom level I am at ... the character is still in the cabin of the vehicle.
So if GIANTS are aiming for "realism" the only thing we should here is the in cabin sound ... but I believe the complaints would be even greater if they designed it that way.
Also ... all other sounds are NOT muted (only engine sound) ... which makes it completely mind wrecking really!

Basically ... the difference between min/max volume is to great and needs to be adjusted, even if you compare the in cabin sound and the sound right next to a vehicle.

If I turn the volume up to be able to hear the engine while in cabin view ... it goes way to loud if I use the outside camera view and disappears almost completely when zoomed out max!
It is really annoying!

Is hate it so much I have actually gone back to FS 17 like on 17 my monitor is at 10 but FS 19 I have to go as fare as 50-60 volume which is to loud in cab and also the radio volume over powers the engine sound when I'm zoomed out so don't have much option but to leave it off which I used enjoy having playing low in the background in 17
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

I actually prefer it this way, feels more immersive if the sounds is lower when we're further away.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I guess it comes down to how you are playing the game really ...

I like the driving experience ... which is suffering a lot from this "design"!

The outside view is unrealistic in itself ... so if GIANTS are aiming for realism (all of a sudden) ... just get rid of it completely! ... :lol:
Wait ... I forgot ... the Germans have no sense of humor ... so to be clear ... that was just a joke ... do not take it away! :chinese:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmer jimmy

Post by Farmer jimmy »

W1der wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:38 pm I guess it comes down to how you are playing the game really ...

I like the driving experience ... which is suffering a lot from this "design"!

The outside view is unrealistic in itself ... so if GIANTS are aiming for realism (all of a sudden) ... just get rid of it completely! ... :lol:
Wait ... I forgot ... the Germans have no sense of humor ... so to be clear ... that was just a joke ... do not take it away! :chinese:
Ya that True how can u drive from out side the cab unless in remote control 🤣
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The whole "hyped up" fantastic new sound for FS19 has been a massive let down.

We all know that Farming "Simulator" is hardly that, but to not even be able to get 1 of the most fundmental facets of the game they are making right is awful.

Regardless of whether you say where the sound should relate to the camera positioning, the tractor engine sound should not disappear completely within 30m of the tractor.

This on top of the complete mess in how the engine sounds respond to acceleration, braking and working under load is just awful.

What is worse is GIANTS thought it was good enough to release like this, plus that it is not even a priority to fix.

FS17 sounds weren't perfect but they were close enough it didn't detract from the experience.

Your supposed to make forward steps guys not GIANT (pardon the pun) ones backward.

It makes me so frustrated the complete lack of thought and care that goes into the making of this game.
The company seems more out of touch with the subject they are basing the game on than ever before, and worse they don't seem to care.

From someone who prides himself in always striving to improve on what you can create, I find it so disappointing that GIANTS are just another company who care little or nothing about the product they are making.

Why not just change the name from "Farming Simulator" to just "Drive around in pretty modelled tractors which sound nothing like the real thing"....

(Yes this is a rant, and yes it is constructive)
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

Amen for BullitBill
I love Lossberg on ps4. *thumbsup* :hi:
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

Well said BB, couldnt agree more.
Farming the proper way, on PC.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The sad thing is the only chance GIANTS would actually fix these issues is if enough people complain, and in that sentence tells you something massively disappointing about GIANTS.

They have to be told when a fundamental facet of there game isn't even close to what it should be. They don't even notice.

It's one thing for the playerbase to find and point small issues or over sights, like theres a tree floating on 1 of your maps, or you forgot to add glass to the inside of one of the JCB fastracs on the release version of the game. We understand no company will get it perfect thats impossible.

But when your game is based 90% around driving vehicles 1 of your priorities should be how they sound. (Not adding a cute but usless animated dog)

Do they correspond even close to the real thing. How far can you hear a tractor working in a field, how does it sound under acceleration when towing nothing, when pulling heavy loads, when going uphill, when going downhill. When braking. When working with a light ground tool, when working a deep ground tool.

The community shouldn't have to point out or even explain these things to GIANTS.

I apologize if this comes across as a rant, but again it is just so frustrating to see such a lack of care taken with there product. With just a bit more thought and care you could make this game so much better.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Very well said BulletBill!

Well the biggest problem for me here is that Giants just strictlly ignores the community. There are people ranting, raging and criticizing since November, but they just pretending that everything is ok? Just waiting in their warm and cosy shelter, for storm to pass? And thats what rages me. If they would be cooperative and try to give us reasons and answers for the problems and explain people.

The problem I see here with Giants is that a lot of their employees does not have idea about farming and machines. They are just "workers" to make the game. They dont care about sounds or mechanic or different ways of cultivating etc. And sometimes I am amazed how a modders achieve amazing stuff, while giants who has big money, alot of employees and all the power in the world to make something work and they screw up.

Giants lacks passion, passion for machines and farming. For me was the prerelease stream total fail. Thats when realized that these people have no idea about their own product - Farming simulator.

I hope we will get an official response or some news and answers on that rage and criticism that lasts 2 moths already. We deserve at least that I think.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Wow, one of Giants main modders telling them they’re wrong...if they listened to the community then this could be a pee-pee smack but looking st their track record this will all get over looked. Not a rant, but an observation.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
W1der

Post by W1der »

As I said about this before ... regarding the strange way that the engine responds to acceleration etc ...

GIANTS was planning to add some kind of "gear box" (there are even lines for it in the inputBindings.xml) ... they even stated that if they where not able to give us gears at least it would sound as if the vehicles had them.
For some reason it was not included in the game upon release ... and this is probably why we got stuck with this strange "noise".

For realism purposes it would be awesome to at least have the possibility to select driving direction (modders have been able to give us this before with a "simple" script).
But ... NO!