Help with Stara sprayer

Kcintimidator

Help with Stara sprayer

Post by Kcintimidator »

Unless it is yet another bug that giants is not responding to..... How do you actually use the 2nd dry/loose fertilizer tank on the Stara sprayer?

I can fill both tanks.... But when the liquid runs out.... It won't (or how do i) actually continue spraying from the other tank?

It just says tool needs to be filled.... Is there a button press or something to get it to switch tanks?
Right now that 2nd tank is useless.

I play multiplayer on ps4 on Felsbrunn.

I am willing to perform testing on other maps or career.... At giants request (if this is a bug) but i have made several bug reports and you guys are not responding.... And it is getting very frustrating.
INTIMIDATING KC and farmers on PS5. :mrgreen:
Check me out @ HTTP://www.twitch.tv/kcintimidator
Goose66

Re: Help with Stara sprayer

Post by Goose66 »

You should fold the sprayer arms in. Should then be able to spray solid.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Yup, I had the same problem. As soon as you fold it it will work fine.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Folding is the switch, so unfolded means liquid, folded means solid.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

I don't think it's really a bug, in the sense that something is broken, though I guess it could be unclear.

I wouldn't imagine you keeping the spraying boom extended if you were spreading solid fertiliser, so I think it makes sense that the fold/unfold is the difference between liquid and solid.

Perhaps a "work mode" option like that of other machines would make sense.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Kcintimidator

Post by Kcintimidator »

The real problem is this game has one of the worst sets of half-baked instructions.
They don't give enough info explaining what can or cannot be done.
Within 2 hours of my post others were confirming....

But thank you to those who confirmed yes.... The arms must be folded for the 2nd solid tank to work on the Stara sprayer.

Fixing the tool (highlight) selection would be a great start to this issue, that has been a complaint of mine back to fs15....

The tool/implement/tank/(whatever) selected should always be yellow.... (changed with triangle on ps4).... FOR MANY ITEMS that tool selection icon (upper left, main in game screen).... Is a slight off-white.... That is very difficult to see, when it is changed from tool to tool.... Its currently just another shade of white.... Whether the tool/implement is activated or not.

But for some reason when a worker is hired.... That icon turns yellow.... Nice and easy to see which tool is selected.... But in manual mode.... ITS JUST TOO HARD TO SEE.... and i have 20/20 vision.

Its the color contrast.

For example many times i would be running a tractor with some crop tool on the rear hitch.... But also a front loader with a bale/pallet fork..... Well i will be wanting to disconnect the attached rear tool.... I hit X.... But because i can't easily tell which implement is selected....
Many times i end up disconnecting the fork attached to the loader instead....

This is simply fixed by always making that tool selection icon yellow..... It shouldn't matter what equipment... If its on or off.... Or worker or manual.

If you understand and agree please comment.... WE NEED TO LET DEVS KNOW THIS IS BROKEN AND THIS IS THINGS WE WANT IMPROVED OR FIXED!
Juls

Post by Juls »

I always keep herbicide in the spray tank, that way when I arrive at a crop the worker knows what to do automatically regardless of folded or unfolded.
Kcintimidator

Post by Kcintimidator »

@Juls
That is a waste if you have weeds turned off.... I host/play on a multiplayer map.... And some guys can't get on everyday.... Or at the same times i do...
And their fields would always be full of weeds.... Whenever we slept/fast forward time.

Thus the team voted for weeds to be off...

So i have to buy a herbicide tank that will never be used? It might work but still horrible planning and design.

I don't think so.(thanks anyway)
kintino

Post by kintino »

The only problem I see in this Stara equipment and the speed limited to 12km :shock: (for both fertilizer and herbicide and solid feeds), in real life it goes way beyond that.

Giants managed to make such equipment useless. *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Check out bdbssb’s mod page. He has modded it to take all 4. Liquid, solid, herbicide and lime and an 18 mph working speed. And a quick unfold too.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66